JT charged by FA

bluedrake55
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Court judges really hate it when people try to use arbitration or civil courts to get "second justice", wouldn't go down well. Plus if Terry is still found not guilty by the FA Panel, they would look (more) like fools.

The FA's best action would be to draw a line underneath the whole saga. Better to annoy a few Liverpool supporters than keep this going until the start of the new season.

I expect that he'll be spoken to about his future conduct and maybe get a ban...but its hard to see how they can punish him and not Anton...(especially as the elbow to Terry's head featured quite a bit in the court proceedings)

Let's get JT and Anton Ferdinand out of the spotlight here - they've suffered enough. Now we should pursue the true villain of the piece - Chris Foy. Seventy-match ban please!

So true if he had reffed this game properly Anton would have been sent off well before the alleged incident took place..!

well they are now looking into it and say their decision could be a week away...what is their to determine...if a judge in a court of law can't find any proof, what makes them think they can?

Yet that hasn't stopped garth crooks from saying jt should be banned...bizarre

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/7897534/fa-a-week-away-from-terry-decision

Edited by The Brit

Congrats to J.T for beating this farce of a court case.

This whole racism thing has been blown up alot more than it should ever have been, but somehow i get the feeling that we will see more and more of this in the future.

If it was ok for Ferdinand to make a personal attack on J.T, then it was well within J.T's rights to retaliate, but once BITTER Rio started blowing in his brothers ear we knew to expect the worst.

As for Garth Crooks, would he have been so quick to jump on the " Lets attack J.T " Train if J.T had called Ferdinand a Queer? i think not.

All that has happened today is that a judge has saved Terry £2500. Apart from that, listening to the radio and watching SSN it is clear that nobody agrees with the outcome and have all long since made their minds up.

And I'm sure the FA will delicately hand out punishment for ungentlemanly conduct or something.

Anyway, CFC can at least put it behind them and get on with preparing for the coming season. Off to the states tomorrow. I wonder when JT will join them.

I can't see the FA being about to apply the same charge. JT and hid reprensentatives who would be present at FA proceedings would simply point out the Courts findings. The Crown prosecution are far bigger than a bunch of old duffers in FA suits.

I'd expect a lesser charge of bringing the game into disrepute which will purely act as the FA being shown to be doing something to appease the press and media. They would surely have to charge Anton with the same though. If they did I'd expect a fine for both, if it's only JT I wouldn't put it past them to add a 2 or 3 match ban to it. However I can't see the club accepting that for one moment.

The best thing the FA can do is announce that they have decided that following JT being tried in a court of law higher than there own disciplinary process they have no other option than to follow that verdict and drop proceedings.

If the FA had any balls (which they don't) they'd apologise to JT for wrongfully stripping him of captaincy and for the way they've treated him and Chelsea as a whole. But they won't and will probably try and justify it/cover it up by banning/fining him.

I wouldn't be so sure. There have already been many, many calls for the FA to charge John Terry, notably Garth Crooks, as noted elsewhere. The Daily Telegraph have even gone so far as state that John Terry is to be charged by the FA, leading with the following headline:

John Terry faces FA investigation despite race abuse acquittal

The actual article tells a different story:

... the Football Association is now under pressure to start disciplinary proceedings over the incident.

In the entire article, that's as concrete as it gets. Have a read by all means, maybe I've managed to miss something, but to me it reads like pure speculation accompanied by a deliberately misleading headline. What it does show however, is that Crooks and the Telegraph are just two of many who will be pressing for the FA to take further action, despite today's court judgement.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/news/9398842/John-Terry-faces-FA-investigation-despite-race-abuse-acquittal.html

Under pressure by who exactly? Under pressure by the media constantly saying they are under pressure? Or the incoherent and oft-downright demented gibberings of some ex-scousers or potato salesmen on twitter?

Garth Crooks to name just one. Garth Crooks may be an obnoxious smarmy fart in a trance who could bore for Europe, but he does represent the Kick It Out Campaign.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying John Terry will be charged by the FA, and I certainly don't believe that John Terry should be charged by the FA, but like it or not, there is going to be pressure for them to take further action.

Edited by Tommy Docherty

When you are young you look up to the elder person and believe in their wisdom..When you get to middle age you look around and realise that all these pontificating dicks sitting around in courts in silly wigs, government policy makers,and persons in some high positions such as our FA are just larger boys n girls playing a f**king role in life that half of them have no sh*tting knowledge of or have ever experienced, outside of a class or taught on paper...Lots of ant like creatures busying themselves spending thousands of taxpayers money achieving nothing.Seen in suits squandering words on the large game of chess that seems to be life.Amazes me to the point of vomiting

Garth Crooks,crook by name crook by nature, shifty eyed c**t.He's probably slipping Doreen a length.

I was always of the opinion GARTH CROOKES is a gay man..Now if hes giving it to DOREEN that is proof enough for me..PS who is Doreen

The fat ex-Spud, now acknowledged as one of the worst pundits ever to be employed by the BBC added: "I believe it was wrong of him to say these words under any circumstances - and though Terry has been found not to have committed a criminal offence, the FA must now decide whether the former England captain should be charged for contravening its own rules.

"If the FA don't act on the undisputed facts, and find Terry guilty of bringing the game into disrepute, a lot of good people are saying to me that there's no point in getting involved in the game at a senior level."

That last bit is beyond belief.

What of the allegation made by JT and AC that AF might have fabricated accusations of racism to wind JT up? No comment from him.

What of all these lawyers and the magistrate who have also used the exact same words this week as JT, in repeating the allegations made against JT, just as JT re[eated the allegation he felt had been made against him? If it's wrong 'under any circumstances', then they're as guilty as JT in Crooks eyes.

Strange that it hasn't even occurred to Crooks and co that JT might actually be innocent. That's my biggest problem with this case, we had a baying mob who wanted (and still want) JT convicted not because he was guilty but because they wanted him to be guilty, regardless of the flimsy evidence. This case has done no credit to the anti-racism cause at all.

I shall also be interested to see how the FA deals with Ferdinand now. It was shown in court that he was guilty of violent conduct, twice, and that he was dishing out plenty of abuse himself. Should the things he was saying be allowed to pass just because they weren't racist?

Strange that it hasn't even occurred to Crooks and co that JT might actually be innocent. That's my biggest problem with this case, we had a baying mob who wanted (and still want) JT convicted not because he was guilty but because they wanted him to be guilty, regardless of the flimsy evidence. This case has done no credit to the anti-racism cause at all.

I shall also be interested to see how the FA deals with Ferdinand now. It was shown in court that he was guilty of violent conduct, twice, and that he was dishing out plenty of abuse himself. Should the things he was saying be allowed to pass just because they weren't racist?

To me, that was a significant moment, as it proved AF was guilty of not giving an accurate account of what happened and exposed him as an unreliable witness. And yet I only became aware of this via Twiter and this message board - the press seemed to avoid reporting this at all.

When you think of the hours spent watching about 5 seconds of video - on which the entire case was based - how come the FA didn't look a few seconds earlier and spot the elbows on JT that seemed to provoke the whole flare-up?

And what of the role of Chris Foy? Had he sent off Ferdinand as he should have, the incident would also have been prevented. But I suppose he'd already got his red card out twice that day, hadn't he?

Some more jaw-dropping reaction to JT's acquittal:

Stoke City striker Cameron Jerome tweeted: "Very interesting verdict. Say no more about the UK justice system then. May as well go behave how we want, people. May as well go rob a bank and when I get caught just say was only banter and they started it by calling me names."
The former basketball player John Amaechi described the verdict as a travesty. "Thanks football," he said on Twitter. "You set the entire country back a decade. 'Black c*nt' now officially ok to say."

So it was football that found JT not guilty, as opposed to a court of law?

Lord Ouseley, chairman of the anti-racism group Kick It Out, warned that the verdict could dissuade players who had been racially abused from making complaints.

"We've got to work hard now to try and establish some credibility about the complaints processes to ensure they are dealt with properly. That means that in future, the Football Association will have to carry out its own investigations, conclude its deliberations, irrespective of whether the police get involved. And I am afraid the police involvement in this case has not helped it whatsoever."

Which appears to say that the full criminal investigation, which after 9 months turned up no conclusive proof that any racial abuse occurred, was unhelpful. A less thorough FA investifgation would have been preferable 'to ensure the complaints are dealt with properly.'

From the Guardian editorial

There's no reason for Mr Terry to be cleared by the FA – or to remain Chelsea captain. For either body to treat him normally after this is tantamount to declaring that it is perfectly fine to bellow the words "f**king black c**ts".

Mind-blowing stuff. I am a passionate anti-racist, I really am, but I am appalled at what I am reading tonight.

Edited by Backbiter