Michu

Zola

Not a rumour as such, more of an advert by Swansea saying "come and get him"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20938565

Personally I think he is an absolutely brilliant player, he is 26 and surely coming right into his prime now. Would love to see how he could fit in at Chelsea. Big, strong, an eye for goal, plenty of drive, perfect for us. He would give us something a bit different, and he is so direct!! He has a bit of history with Mata as well, both coming from Real Oviedo (as well as Santi Cazorla).

He cost Swansea £2M.  He is worth so very much more than that.

I really love watching him play and I really hope he doesn't go to any of the bigger teams in the league as he would continue to score a bucket load.

In my opinion, he is a bargain at 10 times the price!

I think if the club don't act to get him someone else will (Spurs, Arsenal, Utd, City etc), and I am extremely confident he'd be a hit with any of those teams. 

He is a silky Spaniard with a big frame and a bit of strength, he is perfect for this league. 

He has been given a call up to the Spanish team for their next game as well, he is on the up and the time is right to grab him I feel!

I think after just picking up Ba this wouldn't be the right choice, unless we somehow offloaded Torres.

We have 2 first team strikers, add Lukaku to that next season, and presumably we're going to be trying to buy a big name striker in the summer, be it Falcao or Cavani or Higuan, it seems likely it will be someone.

Having Michu as well would be too many for me, unless we're not planning to get any more.

I wouldnt lose any sleep if any of those teams signed him. I just dont think he will be as good next season.

Look at Sinclair, was very good Swansea last season and now cant get a look in at City.

I think its too early to tell. A lot of players have a good first season and then blend in during the second season. Also he plays for Swansea so he will stand out in a team like theirs.

Which also means he doesn't have as much service and players of lower quality around him.

I wouldnt lose any sleep if any of those teams signed him. I just dont think he will be as good next season.

Look at Sinclair, was very good Swansea last season and now cant get a look in at City.

Or he could end up like Mata.... brilliant every season..

I think its too early to tell. A lot of players have a good first season and then blend in during the second season. Also he plays for Swansea so he will stand out in a team like theirs.

He was banging them in at La Liga too, he knows what he's doing.

He has been scoring plenty... he is actually primarily an attacking midfielder, but he can play in the striker role as well.. obviously a very talented player. 

3 goals behind Van Persie in the league.. that on its own speaks volumes.

Really? I find that hard to believe since he only cost Swansea 2 million. If he was that good in Spain surely he would have commanded a bigger fee.

Rayo, the team he played for, had just got promoted to La Liga. With their tiny stadium and horrible finances £2m was probably a lot for them.

I said when he first moved here we should have gone in for him at that price, would have been perfect competition for Nando, and he if played like he has for Swansea we'd likely still be in the Champions League and certainly a lot closer to United in the league also.

But now? Nope. We'd be paying a massively inflated price to what Swansea initially paid (which was an absolute bargain) and we've just signed Ba, IMO until we get rid of Torres it doesn't make sense to spend big money on another striker just yet (yes, I know he's primarily an AM but he'd be far more use to us up front)

Why do we have to wait for other teams to find bargains then go try buy them. What's up with our scouting. To many people and the club getting money for Notting. I'm sick off buying so called superstars that are flops. Let's start finding some undiscovered talent.

Wouldn't go for Michu with Torres still hanging around, and with a potential move for Falcao a possibility. If we want a 'cheaper' option though as competition to Demba Ba and possibly Lukaku next season then you could do much worse, but I would prefer we aimed higher experience wise... And we would still have to off load Torres somewhere for a cut price figure.

Why do we have to wait for other teams to find bargains then go try buy them. What's up with our scouting. To many people and the club getting money for Notting. I'm sick off buying so called superstars that are flops. Let's start finding some undiscovered talent.

Finding Oscar and Ivanovic and Cech etc was good scouting. We have had a few good spots, its just a shame that our big buys have flopped over the years.

Finding Oscar and Ivanovic and Cech etc was good scouting. We have had a few good spots, its just a shame that our big buys have flopped over the years.

Personally I knew about those players u mentioned before they came to Chelsea so it's easy to scout what's easy to see. The club seem to what to sign superstars so they can sell jerseys in Asia. We never find hidden talent.

Once in a while a cheap signing like Michu turned into gold. He had an amazing 4-5 monthns, but it's a bit too soon to say he's Chelsea quality. It's not like he's a 18 year old, he played for a number of clubs and this is the only he has played well for. With every great bargain signing, there are at least 20 which didn't work out well.

Not sure how much credit can be given to the scouting team for picking out Brazil national teams number 10? Wasnt Cech also already a Czech republic international when we signed him?

I would give more credit when it comes to Brana who was less well known at that time, although possbily higher profile than michu was.

We just have a different transfer policy than some of our rivals. look at RVP to Arsenal for peanuts, the likes of hernadez to utd....we gont gamble so much on lesser known players, and certianly dont give them much of a chance in the first team when we do buy them. Saying that, we have taken a few gambles in recent years (the likes of Kalou, Kezman, del horno, Johnson etc) it is just that our gambles havent paid off quite as much as other teams.

I have not watched much of swansea this year, and only really have seen the goals Michu has scored. He certainly has looked cracking value at 2 million, however i wonder how the fans would feel and the riot that would break out if we went and replaced the legend Didier Drogba, with a 2 million unknown signing ?

Archived