What is happening about Ashley Cole's contract?

enigma

Chelsea were told last year, that our squad is too old. The board are now going over the top to make it too young and getting rid of all the experience in the dressing room. Everyone tells us we're mad to get rid of Cole/Lampard. yet the board want to continue with their "philosophy" which was only put in place in 2010. 

I love this club to death, but let's be honest, we're a f**king joke. 

Chelsea were told last year, that our squad is too old. The board are now going over the top to make it too young and getting rid of all the experience in the dressing room. Everyone tells us we're mad to get rid of Cole/Lampard. yet the board want to continue with their "philosophy" which was only put in place in 2010. 

I love this club to death, but let's be honest, we're a f**king joke. 

Sad but true.

Everyone says Chelsea should be keeping hold of Cole and Lampard, nobody believes that Chelsea would be better without them.....................just the Chelsea board, it's ridiculous.

Lamps and Cole won't be getting any new deals, if anyone hasn't already accepted that then maybe now they really should. You can tell Lampard won't be getting a new deal with the way he has been celebrating his goals of late, he's celebrating every goal like it could be his last.

I hate out board, i really do. Even if we got Mourinho back it wouldn't make up for letting these 2 go. I look forward to seeing who will replace them, especially Cole, how are going to replace the best LB in the world ?...................exactly you can't, it's impossible.

I reckon he will get his contact. 

I love Berty, but it's obvious that he isn't even close to being as good as Cole yet. Makes absolutely no sense to let him go, unless the Coentrao rumours are true.

Guest RFC_CFC

Why not have 2 top quality LB's? Both will get game time and Bertrand can be pushed forward..

THAT'S why

Calm down fella.

For 17 he is a better player than Coentrao was at that age.

When I say he looks a top player I'm looking more on his ability for his age.. Obviously your like the club and only look at price tags and names..

How do you know? Did you see much of Coentrao when he was 17?

It's very easy to base your opinion on someone when you only see them play in the Euro's / World Cup. 

And I'm not disputing the fact that Luke Shaw is very talented for his age, I'm disputing the fact that you think Coentrao is sh*t. 

If you had seen him play more than once or twice, you would know that he isn't sh*t at all.

I have seen Coentrao on numerous occasions. I don't rate him at all. He is overpriced and overrated (personal opinion).

I am half Portuguese so yes I have seen Coentrao at 17 and if I'm honest Shaw looks to have more potential and add to that he is English therefore counts as a homegrown.

Coentrao is as good as Bosingwa at defending. Going forward he offers more but as a defender I don't rate him.

Shaw is one I'd have at Chelsea. At 17 he looks like a top player!

If we are letting our English core go we should replace them with younger English versions.

Too young for Roman though, and I doubt he would fancy a spot in the reserves.

Baines would be a dream, but it would take an arm and a leg to prise him away from Everton. Worth it, though.

Archived