Wake up Chelsea

One Kerry Dixon

If we are supposed to believe that the club are cost cutting, why not get rid of Torres & give Lampard a new deal?? No brainer!!

Don't be silly, that's what the fans want and makes perfect logical sense. This is Chelsea.

I wish we had some straight answers about what players were really making at Chelsea. 

BBC claims that our wage bill is currently 191m pounds. A figure which cannot possibly be accurate.

If it is, among our 25 man squad (which includes the likes of Bertrand, Piazon, Romeu, Moses, etc) it means each player is averaging a salary of about 7.6m annually, which comes out to 146k a week.

Even accounting for the handful of players that earn more than that, like Cole, Terry, Lampard, there is no way in sweet hell the younger players are making that kind of money. Reputation players like Ba have supposedly been brought in at a very reasonable 70k weekly. Until any of these figures make sense, the only players we certainly need to get shot of are Torres, Malouda, and Benayoun (the latter two because someone had decided they have no future here.)

Guest RFC_CFC
Harsh!

A bit but he has very rarely shown he is worth that kind of money.

Of course it's early days but I did expect loads more from him when we signed him, he does things that are wonderful but does not do them enough for me.

Great player though when he is at it.

It's probably accurate - there's more than 25 players at the team and even the youths are probably making more than any normal working person. Then there's countless staff. Factor in that all the players will have appearance bonuses, goal bonuses that could be tens of thousands a go then £191m sounds close.

Who is going to buy a useless striker on a 16 million pounds p/a wage for 20+ million pounds?

...is right.

Only wait out I see is a loan, or a lesser role in the club. But NOBODY is going to sign him and pay his full salary. Then again loaning him out would be a risk until we have another striker. A trade for Falcao with Torres being a part of the deal would still mean we have to pay part of his salary for the next 3 years. Otherwise they won't take him.

Bullsh*t. This guy is still growing as a footballer, yes he is very up and down so far this season but once he starts doing the great stuff on a regular basis i believe he will be one of the best.

Maybe! But, once he hits that kind of form, he'll be off to Spain or Italy. 

Another waste of money...

School's out son, run along now...

Hazard a waste of money? Yeah, he is terrible! You do realize he is what 21 and playing not only in a new country and league but one that is more physical and quicker too. By the time he is 25 he will be a star and sadly we will be probably selling him off to Madrid or Barca but then again, you may have moved on as well...

Archived