TomW
Chelsea Megastore

Number 1 Next Season  

335 members have voted

1. 1. Cech or Courtois?

• Cech
    • Courtois

Apparently Cech was a big help in the buildup, gets props from Mourinho:

‘That save helped us to win the match. Defensively we were very strong all game, including at set-pieces against big guys who are good in the air.

‘Obviously Courtois was there for us. I told him during the week, after Hull City and after Charlie Adam, we needed him to give us a couple of points with a couple of saves, and he did it.

‘Cech is absolutely fantastic, his attitude is amazing.

‘Today, before the game, he told the captain to choose a certain end if he won the toss because at 1.30pm it would be better to play in a certain goal because of the sun. And he was not playing – he was thinking for Courtois. With this attitude Petr deserves everything.’

Said it before, but Cech has definitely earned the right to choose where he goes. We replaced him and he's been the perfect gentleman about it, as he has for more than a decade. He suffered one of the worst injuries I think I've seen yet came back and was a key player in this club's greatest moment.

I love this club and I want to see it act in a decent manner, so if he wants to remain in London then he can go to Arsenal with my thanks for many, many years of remarkable service.

Said it before, but Cech has definitely earned the right to choose where he goes. We replaced him and he's been the perfect gentleman about it, as he has for more than a decade. He suffered one of the worst injuries I think I've seen yet came back and was a key player in this club's greatest moment.

I love this club and I want to see it act in a decent manner, so if he wants to remain in London then he can go to Arsenal with my thanks for many, many years of remarkable service.

Of course WE replaced him, it's how football clubs progress, and yes he's been the perfect gent about it, that's why he's a legend beyond just the footballing side of things..

BUT...

I still wouldn't let him go to the team that will most likely finish second behind us in the league...

The club for me is still bigger than any player, i've been Chelsea for 50yrs, and with some luck could be for another 50, players come and go, but Chelsea is always my priority however much i love the player (and there aren't many above Petr in my heart) so no, for me he wouldn't be allowed to go to a direct rival for the PL.

Although i do get your point, and am torn between my veiw and saying you are right  :sad:

Twas a joke. Where would you respect Cech going?

He's one of best goal keepers in Europe, he will have his pick of destinations.

Of course he can go where he likes but as a Chelsea legend I'm not going to be applauding him moving to our bitter rivals across town, he will always be a hero and such but i will look on him differently if he moved there.

Some agree some disagree, just the way it is.

Of course WE replaced him, it's how football clubs progress, and yes he's been the perfect gent about it, that's why he's a legend beyond just the footballing side of things..

BUT...

I still wouldn't let him go to the team that will most likely finish second behind us in the league...

The club for me is still bigger than any player, i've been Chelsea for 50yrs, and with some luck could be for another 50, players come and go, but Chelsea is always my priority however much i love the player (and there aren't many above Petr in my heart) so no, for me he wouldn't be allowed to go to a direct rival for the PL.

Although i do get your point, and am torn between my veiw and saying you are right  :sad:

I don't want him to go to Arsenal and I agree that they're going to be a threat next season (if not this one). For me though, the club is people like Cech - players who go beyond being just employees and are part of the fabric of the club. Hopefully he goes abroad, but if he says he wants to stay in London then I'd be just about ok with him going to Arsenal. But I do definitely get your view as well - think we're pretty much in the same place, just on different sides of the fence.

Sorry but it's bollocks that we should let him go to Arsenal, he has given us a great service but strengthening a rival is stupid. Also it's not like he's gonna command a huge fee like Mata did.

Think it's less of a case of people wanting to strengthen a rival, and more respecting a legendary servant who has lived here for over a decade, has a young a family and may want to stay where he is.

He's a good player so of course our rivals will want to sign him. 

Think it's less of a case of people wanting to strengthen a rival, and more respecting a legendary servant who has lived here for over a decade, has a young a family and may want to stay where he is.

He's a good player so of course our rivals will want to sign him.

There are other places he can go, personally I'm hoping he respects us to much to go to Arsenal.

• 2 weeks later...

So, tomorrow, I hope Cech plays, in fact I hope he plays every game between now and the end of the season.

One, because he needs 2 more clean sheets to break the record (I believe) and two, well, because he's Cech, a bonafide legend, and he deserves it.

Harsh on Courtois? Yes, absolutely, but then again the whole season has been harsh on Cech, brutal in fact. Let's not forget what he's given us over 10 years and let's let him have these last few games, so we can show our appreciation, so we can witness his superb goalkeeping a few more times before he departs.

He's shown an excellent attitude this season, lest we forget, we could hardly have expected better.

The more love we shower him with the less likely he is to turn out for Arsenal next season.

Edit: That's my theory anyway.

Edited by Davey Baby