Cech or Courtois?

TomW
Chelsea Megastore

Number 1 Next Season  

335 members have voted

1. 1. Cech or Courtois?

• Cech
    • Courtois

10m?! What a fecking joke. He is probably the 4th best keeper in Europe right now, so he should go for at least 20m. It's a lot harder to find world class keepers in this day and age, so we should try get as high a price as possible for him. I wouldn't be surprised if Madrid came in for him and got him to sign a 3 year deal, only to sign de gea for free next summer and leave cech in the lurch. 

10m?! What a fecking joke. He is probably the 4th best keeper in Europe right now, so he should go for at least 20m. It's a lot harder to find world class keepers in this day and age, so we should try get as high a price as possible for him. I wouldn't be surprised if Madrid came in for him and got him to sign a 3 year deal, only to sign de gea for free next summer and leave cech in the lurch.

I don't think his contract would allow us to start asking for that kind of money.

He's only got a year left has he not?

I think you have to be realistic about his age and the fact the goalkeepers don't tend to go for much. £10-12 million is probably what most of us here would expect given his age (33 at season's end). Not all keepers go on until they're 40 and the Van Der Sars are the exception rather than the rule.

Because we wanted Rooney and the't didn't budge.

We bent over when they asked for Mata....that's how.

We rinsed them for Mata. 

I reckon that £10 million will be the price for anyone, and that's a fair price for a 33 year old Keeper who is firmly second-choice at his club. I'd be a bit surprised if he went for anymore and I think we owe him the chance to go wherever he chooses.

We rinsed them for Mata.

I reckon that £10 million will be the price for anyone, and that's a fair price for a 33 year old Keeper who is firmly second-choice at his club. I'd be a bit surprised if he went for anymore and I think we owe him the chance to go wherever he chooses.

At the time yes but Mata is a world class footballer, he was used as a wide player under Moyes which is about as daft a decision as you can make.

Mata was our best player at the time for the past 2 seasons and was one of the leagues top players too, the price was reflective of that especially as it was between two clubs in the same division.

They basically laughed at us when we were going for Rooney while we shoved Mata at them then gave some spiel about caring about our players wishes etc acting like the better and bigger club.

In reality other clubs wouldn't do it for us but we are happy to do it with them.

At the time yes but Mata is a world class footballer, he was used as a wide player under Moyes which is about as daft a decision as you can make.

He's not world class in my opinion. Don't think you should have more than 10-15 world class players (and that's pushing it) and he's definitely not in that class in my opinion. Arguably the 4th best player in that United squad.

Mata was our best player at the time for the past 2 seasons and was one of the leagues top players too, the price was reflective of that especially as it was between two clubs in the same division.

They basically laughed at us when we were going for Rooney while we shoved Mata at them then gave some spiel about caring about our players wishes etc acting like the better and bigger club.

In reality other clubs wouldn't do it for us but we are happy to do it with them.

United were desperate and we used that desperation to sell them a player we didn't want which is why his price was probably about £5-7 million more than it probably should've been. Love that guy but United's transfer dealings since Woodward took over have been amateurish. 

He's not world class in my opinion. Don't think you should have more than 10-15 world class players (and that's pushing it) and he's definitely not in that class in my opinion. Arguably the 4th best player in that United squad.

United were desperate and we used that desperation to sell them a player we didn't want which is why his price was probably about £5-7 million more than it probably should've been. Love that guy but United's transfer dealings since Woodward took over have been amateurish.

We will have to disagree on this one.

He’s never been used in the way he was here until recently and low and behold he’s scoring goals and setting them up. He’s a wonderful footballer and IMO the best no 10 (no not Hazard who is played wide) in the league. It’s no coincidence he was player of the year 2 years on the trot with us.

The way they used Mata was amateurish but if they actually built around him it would have been a decent bit of business, he was the best attacking mid in the league before we sold him. It was a great deal for us in the sense Jose gave up on him and made him play second fiddle to a lesser player but the way we sell to our rivals is a bit annoying.

Remember Sturridge?

While when we go sniffing about them we tend to get nothing in return.

We will have to disagree on this one.

He’s never been used in the way he was here until recently and low and behold he’s scoring goals and setting them up. He’s a wonderful footballer and IMO the best no 10 (no not Hazard who is played wide) in the league. It’s no coincidence he was player of the year 2 years on the trot with us.

The way they used Mata was amateurish but if they actually built around him it would have been a decent bit of business, he was the best attacking mid in the league before we sold him. It was a great deal for us in the sense Jose gave up on him and made him play second fiddle to a lesser player but the way we sell to our rivals is a bit annoying.

Remember Sturridge?

While when we go sniffing about them we tend to get nothing in return.

Sturridge is always going to be a weird one, a consequence of the Torres debacle and a lack of stability in the manager's spot. 

I personally think that the old-fashioned 10 is going the way of the dodo, at least for a while. There are very few players that you can build a top team around and mitigate for their shortcomings, usually defensively. They have to be truly special and undeniably world-class and I wouldn't put Mata in that category right now.

City, like us are struggling for homegrown players... Although Hart isn't a top quality goalkeeper I can't see them sacrificing him personally, he's one of the few players who gives that team any sort of identity. 

Of the English sides I think Arsenal will be sniffing around and possibly Liverpool, I can't see Rodgers wanting to persist with Minge Óle next year after the horrible season he has had. 

I would imagine that Arsenal would be Big Pete's pick out of those two seeing as Liverpool is a sh*t hole and he knows we have plenty of history with them and with Arsenal he could continue living in London. 

Maybe a move back to France would appeal should PSG be interested? 

PSG would also suit him if he doesn't want to move away from London. Depends how ambitious he still is. At PSG he'd be well paid and get a shot at the CL every year, but it's a weaker and less important domestic league.

Arsenal have been such an entertaining running joke for the last ten years that it's easy to forget they're almost as c*ntish as Liverpool. It'd be almost as bad seeing Cech there doing well for them.

With the season drawing to its end,it looks quite likely that we may have already seen Petr Cech's last performance for the club. I might just be sentimental but i thought it a shame that Frank Lampard didn't get a proper send off. I hope we have a chance to properly recognise Cech's contribution to the club's success if he is going to move on this summer.

Just read that Cech price is 10m. That's low for a goalkeeper his statue. I thought it may be closer to 20m.

He's 33 so he still have a few years playing at a high level.

We will need to look for a goalkeeper this summer ?

I think it's down to how long he has left on his contract, personally I think if Arsenal want him for example it's gonna cost them more cause they're a rival.

With the season drawing to its end,it looks quite likely that we may have already seen Petr Cech's last performance for the club. I might just be sentimental but i thought it a shame that Frank Lampard didn't get a proper send off. I hope we have a chance to properly recognise Cech's contribution to the club's success if he is going to move on this summer.

If we win the title before the last game of the season, Cech will definitely get another game for us.

• 2 weeks later...

On Sunday Supplement they are talking about Arsenal signing Cech, saying that we wouldn't stop him going there. I personally regardless of service would out my foot down on that one, it would strengthen them immensely and we'd be daft to do it. Really hoping Cech goes to Real Madrid or PSG or anywhere out of this country really.

On Sunday Supplement they are talking about Arsenal signing Cech, saying that we wouldn't stop him going there. I personally regardless of service would out my foot down on that one, it would strengthen them immensely and we'd be daft to do it. Really hoping Cech goes to Real Madrid or PSG or anywhere out of this country really.

Been saying this all season. Yes he deserves a mountain of respect but there has to be a point where we put our own interests first.