The Amazing Amigos?

Ballack & Blu

I love the 3 that consist of Hazard, Mata and Oscar each fabulously gifted, my concern and it has been most of the season, is that the Team is about these 3, forget the (Torres is Arse), or Ba is sh*te, shoot me down but they don't create as first option, they are good enough to make and score at will, my worry is if we buy Falcao/Cavani/Lewandowski. can they make the goals for them, i think we are the only team in the top 6 who are midfield orientated.

Ba played 90 mins today, and play well, but i didn't see any clear cut chances created for him, how will a new striker integrate with these 3.

With a 4231 system, the striker has to be good at close control and quick darting runs to plat with the 3 advanced players, well that's not ba or Torres unfortuntaly. But it is falcao or similar player like Suarez. Right now we rely on midfielders and centre backs scoring the goals - just add up the stats and you will see. Next season may be different.

The 3 amigos will be everyone's pick not year and will falcao at the top, blimey can't wait

I love the 3 that consist of Hazard, Mata and Oscar each fabulously gifted, my concern and it has been most of the season, is that the Team is about these 3, forget the (Torres is Arse), or Ba is sh*te, shoot me down but they don't create as first option, they are good enough to make and score at will, my worry is if we buy Falcao/Cavani/Lewandowski. can they make the goals for them, i think we are the only team in the top 6 who are midfield orientated.

Ba played 90 mins today, and play well, but i didn't see any clear cut chances created for him, how will a new striker integrate with these 3.

I agree with your concern! They seem to operate and create chances better with each other with tap and runs, one twos etc. It would be good to see more killer through balls played to the strikers. Hate the thought of buying someone like Falcao and not using him properly.

Ba is a decent/good striker. He is at least 2 levels below the likes of Falcao, Cavani, Lewandowski, etc. The quality of their runs and their link up play is exceptional, not to mention their finishing. Any one of the players we've been rumoured to get is a step up imo. If Torres can get 20 goals a season with some of the glorious opportunities he's been gifted and missed, then an elite striker will get 40. 

And I still think we'd be more effective if we moved Oscar's starting position to the middle and Mata's on the right. Not that it makes much difference except that we rarely see the best of Oscar when he's played wide.

Ba is a decent/good striker. He is at least 2 levels below the likes of Falcao, Cavani, Lewandowski, etc. The quality of their runs and their link up play is exceptional, not to mention their finishing. Any one of the players we've been rumoured to get is a step up imo. If Torres can get 20 goals a season with some of the glorious opportunities he's been gifted and missed, then an elite striker will get 40. 

And I still think we'd be more effective if we moved Oscar's starting position to the middle and Mata's on the right. Not that it makes much difference except that we rarely see the best of Oscar when he's played wide.

Yes that's right and arguably Hazard is more effective in the centre/10 spot - their interchange acknowledges this

I think that it all gets very congested up top with the 3 plus a striker & finding the answer may not be as simple as changing the striker.

We have 3 players who all want to play the same position, which is why we seem to get very narrow, the interchanging is exceptional from them but it does require pinpoint passing, which is why we see lots of attacks breaking down on the edge of the box.

I would prefer to see Oscar in the middle, and maybe slightly more withdrawn than Mata & Hazard, to free up some space.

I think either Falcao or Cavani would offer us so much in terms of their touch and power, that it wouldn't surprise me if the 3 amigos scored for fun.

I feel that where BA is  concerned he is not firing on all cylinders for one reason....He knows Torres is not doing too well and is TRYING TOO HARD to score goals making him make mistakes.....Ive said this before...Once we have a squad of certain playing formation, Nando will be sh*t hot again...O M Os.....

I have said numerous times, that this season, we just haven't integrated a striker well.

Yes, Torres is often poor, and Ba has been a little hit and miss...but when you look at how few chances they get during games, it's not hard to see why they haven't scored the number of goals you'd want a leading striker to score. I think Ba is quite good, and dangerous when he gets the ball in the box, but basically most times he plays he's just the target for long balls, and trying to hold it up for the amigos.

What we need is a manager who will use a system that can utilise the attacking mids, but also allow the striker to get into the game more.

I don't know the world's best strikers would be as prolific as we'd expect if we got them. I think Ba works hard, but still isn't getting the chances (in most games)...that worries me.

If we gave Ba a run of games he'd be scoring for fun.  Look at how many shots he took against Swansea, compared to Torres in the previous two combined.  He was unlucky with Vorm making some good saves but shooting at goal like that consistently is what brings high scoring tallies.  He's always getting into positions, creating room and taking shots.  Torres just isn't.  He should be relegated to starting Europa league only until the end of the season.  Rotation for the sake of it is just an idiotic policy.  I don't think any of us would be annoyed with Torres if he was getting 7+ shots on target per match and giving CB's and keepers something to worry about. 

I knew there were a few of us that thought the same, Utd for instance get the ball wide and straight into the box, not everyone of RVPs runs are successful, just the amount of balls into the 18 yd box he is going to convert chances, we seem like we have to get to the byline to cross, Dave will ping in crosses , but rarely from the left does that happen. Haz/ mata like to try and play like a Messi run/ tricks/ shoot, i'd rather we were more direct, not saying Torres would be any good,, but we dont play to our strikers strength, we play to our MFs strengths.

I knew there were a few of us that thought the same, Utd for instance get the ball wide and straight into the box, not everyone of RVPs runs are successful, just the amount of balls into the 18 yd box he is going to convert chances, we seem like we have to get to the byline to cross, Dave will ping in crosses , but rarely from the left does that happen. Haz/ mata like to try and play like a Messi run/ tricks/ shoot, i'd rather we were more direct, not saying Torres would be any good,, but we dont play to our strikers strength, we play to our MFs strengths.

Well this might explain why we're investing in Schurrle who is supposedly a more direct player.

I Think Drogba in his prime would have been outstanding in this formation with these 3 behind him. I doubt he would have broken the goal scoring records, but he would of held the ball up and brought these into play, they would score for fun.

Archived