Axe to grind .. ?

Davey Baby

Please tell me I'm paranoid.

Terry and Lampard will be back for Villa I assume and will sit out the EL final, which for me will be very sad if it happens.

I have no idea why neither weren't involved last night. 2-1 up in a crunch game. I don't believe we'd have drawn had they been on.

I think we've played 7 games in the Prem this season without both. We've lost all 7. 

Then there was the game against City at Wembley, again, inexplicably, neither involved.

Terry has hardly played in the Prem only being brought out on Thursday nights, except the 2nd leg of the semi-final, which for me, was quite telling, suddenly, out of the blue, Terry was included in the league game before the semi-final, against Swansea.

He absolutely deserves to play the final as his headed goals and performances are a big reason we're there, and he's had to sit out a hell of a lot of games.

Last night Benayoun, and we have seen it before. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in Amsterdam.

Of course I could be wrong about all this so indulge me ..

Does Rafa have an axe to grind .. ?

Madness if they dont walk out on that pitch for the final, only the waiter could ever be so stupid.

He did afterall want to replace Xabi Alonso with Gareth Barry.

Im still not giving a toss about the final until we secure CL football though, that wont be the waiters case though.

Well DB, there is definitely something up.
How does Tossy get on in games when Frank would be the ideal sub, it's not as if it's only happened once. And JT has been fit for a while now, and there have been times when we could have done with his leadership on the pitch.
I don't think it's an axe to grind per-say..  I think it's simply jealousy !!  FSW doesn't want JT or Lamps undermining him, or wont let them get in a position of any power over the team (even on the pitch)... So there ya have it DB... JEALOUSY !!!

Please tell me I'm paranoid.

Terry and Lampard will be back for Villa I assume and will sit out the EL final, which for me will be very sad if it happens.

I have no idea why neither weren't involved last night. 2-1 up in a crunch game. I don't believe we'd have drawn had they been on.

I think we've played 7 games in the Prem this season without both. We've lost all 7.

Then there was the game against City at Wembley, again, inexplicably, neither involved.

Terry has hardly played in the Prem only being brought out on Thursday nights, except the 2nd leg of the semi-final, which for me, was quite telling, suddenly, out of the blue, Terry was included in the league game before the semi-final, against Swansea.

He absolutely deserves to play the final as his headed goals and performances are a big reason we're there, and he's had to sit out a hell of a lot of games.

Last night Benayoun, and we have seen it before. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in Amsterdam.

Of course I could be wrong about all this so indulge me ..

Does Rafa have an axe to grind .. ?

Asked this to a Liverpool supporting mate recently... he said when FSW was at Liverpool, the players he didn't get on with he just dropped and they never played.

I have noticed as well in a recent press conference he said he was 'glad most of the players are behind him' etc, I am sure Lamps and JT hate this fat mess and there has more than likely been some tension between them.

No sane manager plays Benayon over Lampard. The man is a total c*nt.

Guest RFC_CFC

If we leave out both Lampard and Terry for the final I will be furious. They are both 2 main goal threats and have expierence of this kind of situation before.

Rafa is a fat roaster, he will play guys like Moses and Benny and we will in turn struggle badly as he takes off guys like Mata and Hazard in the last 20 minutes.

How does a player with zero intensity and no passion for the club like Benny get game time over our 2 great players? It's not even up for debate because it's so unbelievable!

Why is Torres being kept on for 90 minutes when we know he has to play 2 games in the one week every other week when we have a fresh and fit Ba ready to compete? Torres has been better than usual and my gripe is not with him but rather his fat boss. Get Ba f**king playing!!!

We have 3 games left to salvage something worth while from our season but this fat fraud is doing everything in his power to make sure we get the bare minimum!

The only consolation of us losing things like cup finals and CL spots is that his reputation takes more battering and hopefully he never gets a managers job of note again.

I got at least five texts last night from various family members, mates etc all basically saying the same thing, which was..."Benayoun ! WTF?" or words to that affect...

FSW strikes me as a man who his spiteful and holds a grudge..he is going at the end of the season no matter what so us getting CL football next season is of no benefit to him..It beggers belief that he genuinely thought it was a good idea to bring on Yossi..That decision went beyond mere incompetance and bordered on sabotage..

So in short, no you are not being paranoid...(but maybe I am)

I reckon that it's conceit on RB's part, not a plan. He's one of those managers who likes to avoid the obvious - he'd bring on Benayoun just (in his mind) to be proved right, to be seen (in his own mind) to be making so-and-so a better player. This type of manager will not always send on an obviously capable sub as, by doing so, he can't show how 'clever' he is.

RB looks to me like one of those fuss-arsing, note-taking, tinkerers. If a game's going well, he can't always leave well alone.

Guest RFC_CFC

Anyone reckon it could also be directed by a certain Russian who is still pissed at the senior player's reaction to AVB's man management, (or lack of it), last season?

Would be foolish if true since it could cost him millions and the best players due to a low league finish.

Those same players gave him a CL which he longed for so much.

Anyone reckon it could also be directed by a certain Russian who is still pissed at the senior player's reaction to AVB's man management, (or lack of it), last season?

Possibly but at the end of the day the senior players didn't sack AVB, a certain Russian did that, so if he was that bothered by the players not toeing the line he should have kept the faith with Villas Boas...(I'm glad he didn't mind you, as we'd never have won the CL in a million years under AVB)

Or what RFC said..!

He can never win with some fans no matter what he does, assuming they're not both going to play both games.

If they play Saturday it's disrespectful as they should be leading the side out in the final.

If they don't play Saturday and we were to not win, he'll be accused of jeopardising our Champions League prospects to enhance his own CV.

Kind of pathetic really.

DB imo soemthings up, whether Fatty has an axe to grind (we see what JT said in press about his fitness, we have the SFL goal record & contract renewal) or is Fatty being told from above.

But not selecting them is damaging the teams overall strength , JT had been scoring and SFL had

been playing well in most games and scoring.

Only 3 more games that matter with his fatness then the mare is over.

As long as we're being paranoid, could we be dealing with point shaving? It's as plausible an explanation for Benayoun getting playing time as any I can come up with (aside from Rafa simply being a dumbass and sh1t manager which is most probably the case). Roman and some mafia guys want a draw and Rafa the muppet does his best to deliver.

Alternately, if we'd beat Tottenham, the Villa and Everton games would be just about meaningless. If we stretch clinching the CL spot until Everton the TV ratings, attendance etc. remain high for two more games. That means more money for the owners, TV execs, etc.

Hold on. There's a couple big, russian-looking guys knocking at my door...

I think we are all paranoid about anything Benitez does lol.

When he said that about Mourinho coming next season, I was convinced he was trolling us. I thought, he'll say that to get our hopes up because we've been singing Mourinho's name loud and proud and then when Mou doesn't come, we will be devastated. I wouldn't put anything past him. TBH this season has been one long mind fcuk and the only reason it's not all out war between fans and interim manager is because he told us after Middlesborough he would definitely leave at the end of the season. That took away some of the poison. 

The sooner we are rid of Benitez the better because everyone is on the edge with the whole situation. One thing I have noticed under him, we always bottle it when the pressure is on. That is why I expect us to lose the Europa Final.

One thing I have noticed under him, we always bottle it when the pressure is on. That is why I expect us to lose the Europa Final.

Due, at least in part, to the absence of Terry or Lamps, or both.

Both have proven their leadership credentials many times before and have immense experience and commitment.

For me, Terry always make our best side, fitness permitting. He has said he's fit and I believe him. 

We just can't keep a clean sheet.

Both Terry and Lamps have both come out recently and lauded Jose ..

Me thinks The Fat One didn't like that.

I agree that game was crying out for lamps to come on . so who does that twat put on benny it was a f**king joke he doesn't give a sh*t about the team he knows hes going so what the f**k . I would get rid of him now so his cv gets f**k up then we get the last laugh

I agree that game was crying out for lamps to come on . so who does that twat put on benny it was a f**king joke he doesn't give a sh*t about the team he knows hes going so what the f**k . I would get rid of him now so his cv gets f**k up then we get the last laugh

Archived