German Bundesliga Thread

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Apparently Hummels scored but the goal was never given.

But I was more interested in knowing why Muller was not wearing shin pads and his socks were rolled down. It looked really odd and he has some goddamn skinny legs too.

Edited by sonic90

After all the hype of last year, the German league is truly sh*t...when one team is that dominant and can buy players so easily off their closest rivals, one wonders what is in it for the fans of all the other clubs? They know that even if they ever become good, Bayern will just pick off their best players

FYI bro, Bayern has been doing this for years. If you don't believe me, ask any Stuttgart or Leverkusen supporter.

Edited by robdog

• 3 months later...

• 1 month later...

• 2 months later...

Feeling the need to bring this thread back up.

Dortmund are now second from bottom and in the relegation zone of the Bundesliga. Their collapse has been absolutely stunning and, if you were to ask me, quite heartbreaking. Dortmund's fans are easily among the best in Europe and continue to stick with their team despite the obvious, and for that alone I want them to survive. 

How the f**k has this happened? It is the players? Is it the manager? Is it the board?

Dortmund still have some recognised players in their roster such Shinji Kagawa, Mats Hummels, and Marco Reus to name just a few. Jurgen Klopp has demonstrated his managerial prowess time and again. Is there something that has happened behind the scenes then?

It seems absolutely insane that a team in the knock-out stages of the Champion's League can be sitting so precariously in the relegation zone of its domestic league. The collapse of Dortmund also presents another problem, one that affects the entire Bundesliga as a whole: the absolute dominance of Bayern Munich. It's widely accepted that Bayern Munich are among the elite of Europe, right up there with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, and Chelsea but what would happen if the fight and competition literally dropped out of the Bundesliga? Who on earth would want to play in that league if all that happens is Bayern just curb-stomp all other teams who dare try and challenge their throne? 

Are we looking at the beginning of the end of the Bundesliga? 

The injuries and new additions have kept the squad from finding consistency. They can't keep clean sheets and the losses of Lewandowski, Goetze, and Reus (frequent injuries) have had an obvious affect on Klopp's style of attack.

For Dortmund, they'll surely offload Reus and Hummels to make up for the loss of CL money, but they'll bounce back quickly (barring the loss of Klopp).

As for the league, Wolfsburg and Schalke are on the rise and that second-tier of clubs is strong and competitive so I can't see BVB's situation being a disaster for the rest of the clubs. As long as German clubs continue to excel in the CL, the players will continue to come (regardless of Bayern's dominance).

Are Chelsea really in this list? With our relatively small ground and lower global attraction, I don't think so..... yet

We've reached the final twice, won one of said finals, and are a regular fixture in the later knock-out stages.

I'd say we're up there for sure.

Feeling the need to bring this thread back up.

Dortmund are now second from bottom and in the relegation zone of the Bundesliga. Their collapse has been absolutely stunning and, if you were to ask me, quite heartbreaking. Dortmund's fans are easily among the best in Europe and continue to stick with their team despite the obvious, and for that alone I want them to survive. 

How the f**k has this happened? It is the players? Is it the manager? Is it the board?

Dortmund still have some recognised players in their roster such Shinji Kagawa, Mats Hummels, and Marco Reus to name just a few. Jurgen Klopp has demonstrated his managerial prowess time and again. Is there something that has happened behind the scenes then?

It seems absolutely insane that a team in the knock-out stages of the Champion's League can be sitting so precariously in the relegation zone of its domestic league. The collapse of Dortmund also presents another problem, one that affects the entire Bundesliga as a whole: the absolute dominance of Bayern Munich. It's widely accepted that Bayern Munich are among the elite of Europe, right up there with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, and Chelsea but what would happen if the fight and competition literally dropped out of the Bundesliga? Who on earth would want to play in that league if all that happens is Bayern just curb-stomp all other teams who dare try and challenge their throne? 

Are we looking at the beginning of the end of the Bundesliga? 

Nice post!

Yes it's sad to see Dortmund struggling at the present time as they've been an awesome team to watch from the distance in the last few years and something must be wrong because you can't be the second best team in the league and then become a relegation-ridden team overnight. They've lost a few key players admittedly but I thought they had the team to at least be in contention for a Champions League spot in the Bundesliga because Klopp is an astute coach and he always seemed to get the best out of his players. 

After all Dortmund performed well in the Champions League group stages this year. Overall, it's definitely a strange set of circumstances for Borussia Dortmund. 

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...