Jose and the untouchables.

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

When he's on full-form Hazard is a defensive back-four's worst nightmare. 

Oscar is proving his mettle despite his age and (deceptive) frailty.

Terry is more often than not reliable at the back. I'd say Terry's got at least two seasons left in him.

Mata is hit-and-miss at the moment but that's understandable given the first half of this season.

Cole, Lampard, and Essien need to move on though.

Ramires will be a mainstay for a few years no doubt. and the impression that apilicueta is making pretty much guarantees he will be in the back 4. courtois will hopefully nail down the number 1 shirt in time. oscar and hazard i see both staying for a long time as well. up front, who knows? not torres/eto'o/ba thats for damn sure! but too early to tell with lukaku

At our strongest what was our best "spine"?

Cech, Ash, JT, Maka, Lamps and Drogba? We had people like Ricky, Essien, Ballack etc who would play often but would be rotated out, so I would say those 6 names would be my picks as the spine.

So for the future I like Shed's list, I hope we see that. But add Azpi in to the list as a consistent and solid performer most games he plays.

In 5 years would hope to see

Courtois- Cahill- Oscar/Hazard- Lukaku

I don't see Cahill being that. Although he's been great under Jose he is a bit limited as a player. Hope I'm wrong though. Isn't he also 28 or something...

We need to bring Courtois and Lukaku back for next season or that will not happen. I'd be willing to see Petr replaced by him as I think he is the next big name in line for our great history of keepers.

There is also Schurrle and Mata who could get that status. Mata and Sneijder have a lot of similarities.

Edited by evissy

Perhaps Cahill for next 5 years then maybe out after that but don't forget terry is 33 now (Cahills age in 5 years) and as others have said he a first name on the team sheet.

May help that I really rate him as well though..

At our strongest what was our best "spine"?

Cech, Ash, JT, Maka, Lamps and Drogba? We had people like Ricky, Essien, Ballack etc who would play often but would be rotated out, so I would say those 6 names would be my picks as the spine.

So for the future I like Shed's list, I hope we see that. But add Azpi in to the list as a consistent and solid performer most games he plays.

Essien was definitely part of our spine.

Cahill has got that never say die attitude as well as being a bloody good defender. The way he walloped ratface today and took the ball off Allen's toe puts him in my list. FWIW I think playing alongside JT has made him better.

Oscar, Hazard, Dave and Rambo all have a shot. I have high hopes for KDB, Lukaku and Courtois, but we really need to see them playing first.

Of Mata and Bob I think Bob has the best shot if he cuts out the messy play. Play like today and he should be a shoe in to start over Mikel (who Jose likes). Sadly Mata I don't see long term with us.