Jump to content

Next Seasons Prep


Blue Exile

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, ChelseaFC3D said:

Spot on mate.

We need to see how he performs first. That's what Arsenal have been saying about Coquelin, Gibbs, and Iwobi for a few years, and United with Smalling and Phil Jones. What have they achieved in recent times? If we want to be successful we have to know how they'll perform (sadly Ake doesn't fall into that category).

Link to comment
Share on other sites


- Sell Matic.

- Sell Costa to China for well above what he's worth.

- Sign Sanchez.

- Sign VVD & bring Christensen back.

- Sign Aubameyang (told Dortmund he wants to leave apparently)

- sign Veratti or Bakayoko (or anyone who isn't Matic)

- Sign a new RWB.

- Improve the quality of squad players.

 

They're the most important things for me.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

- Sell Matic.

- Sell Costa to China for well above what he's worth.

- Sign Sanchez.

- Sign VVD & bring Christensen back.

- Sign Aubameyang (told Dortmund he wants to leave apparently)

- sign Veratti or Bakayoko (or anyone who isn't Matic)

- Sign a new RWB.

- Improve the quality of squad players.

 

They're the most important things for me.

 

Add another quality LWB to this list and we have the same thing in mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Barrettinator said:

Add another quality LWB to this list and we have the same thing in mind.

I think Alonso has had a brilliant season for us and is a real danger going forward, ideally I'd like a quality back up but the rest are higher priority for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


31 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

- Sell Matic.

- Sell Costa to China for well above what he's worth.

- Sign Sanchez.

- Sign VVD & bring Christensen back.

- Sign Aubameyang (told Dortmund he wants to leave apparently)

- sign Veratti or Bakayoko (or anyone who isn't Matic)

- Sign a new RWB.

- Improve the quality of squad players.

 

They're the most important things for me.

 

Sadly Sanchez, Veratti and Aubameyang are well out our reach. Those are ideal players but not one of them I could see playing here next season.

Id love nothing more than to be proven wrong on this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Chelsbear said:

Sadly Sanchez, Veratti and Aubameyang are well out our reach. Those are ideal players but not one of them I could see playing here next season.

Id love nothing more than to be proven wrong on this

That's on RA then because those are the players we should be targeting, we want to keep our best players and challenge for the CL then we need to sign World Class players, not decent players but truely world class.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

It was so nice when we had a settled team between 2005 and 2010. Strong spine. We need to get it right this summer.

strong spine, huge depth, and we kept adding to it every year(not all good signings, but mostly good)

during that entire period i felt we were never short on quantity...maybe we were in regards to quality here and there looking back in hindsight simply because we let united win 3 in a row but to be honest even with that, we still had it good overall as that was still our best generation of chelsea players and it was also united's best generation of players as well

boulahrouz + essien central defence partnership aside i cant remember to many squad crisis'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, MTF said:

strong spine, huge depth, and we kept adding to it every year(not all good signings, but mostly good)

during that entire period i felt we were never short on quantity...maybe we were in regards to quality here and there looking back in hindsight simply because we let united win 3 in a row but to be honest even with that, we still had it good overall as that was still our best generation of chelsea players and it was also united's best generation of players as well

boulahrouz + essien central defence partnership aside i cant remember to many squad crisis'

That period from 2005 to 2011 was overall pretty even between ourselves and United. We won 3 titles, they won 4. After Carlo was fired was when you really started to feel that the team had come to the end of its cycle. We should have beaten United to one of those titles when they won 3 in a row but what can you say really?

We need to get back to that strength in quality and depth. It's remarkable that Conte was able to win the league on 93 points and 30 wins with this squad. Absolutely mind blowing. But he'll finish 3rd at most next season if we don't strengthen now. If Emenalo and Marina don't put a 300k/week offer on Sanchez's table by next week, they both need to be fired ffs. City already started their window without wasting time. We shouldn't be waiting for July 1st. City are close to getting Mendy, a full back we should be in for. That's what happens when you're complacent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Start with a clear out, then replace with quality In depth, just as we did when Roman first arrived;

 

Begovic 10mill

Zouma - loan or sale if offer tops 30mill

Ake - loan

Matic - 25mill

Chalobah - 15mill

Willian - 40mill

Costa - as much as we can get

 

Goalkeepers- tibo, new backup, Eduardo 

Centerbacks - Azpi, Andreas, Cahill, Luiz, new Centerback 1, new Centerback 2

Wingbacks - Moses, new right wingback, Alonso, new left wingback 

Central midfield - cesc, Kante, new centre midfielders 1, 2 and 3.

Wide forwards  - Pedro, new wide forwards 1 and 2, hazard 

Strikers - batman, new strikers 1 and 2

 

Not sure who the new signings should be, though think Swanseas lead scorer would be a good third /second striker for us if michy leaves. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

That period from 2005 to 2011 was overall pretty even between ourselves and United. We won 3 titles, they won 4. After Carlo was fired was when you really started to feel that the team had come to the end of its cycle. We should have beaten United to one of those titles when they won 3 in a row but what can you say really?

We need to get back to that strength in quality and depth. It's remarkable that Conte was able to win the league on 93 points and 30 wins with this squad. Absolutely mind blowing. But he'll finish 3rd at most next season if we don't strengthen now. If Emenalo and Marina don't put a 300k/week offer on Sanchez's table by next week, they both need to be fired ffs. City already started their window without wasting time. We shouldn't be waiting for July 1st. City are close to getting Mendy, a full back we should be in for. That's what happens when you're complacent.

I wouldn't be surprised if Emenalo and Marina waits until at least July 1 before starting any transfer negotiations.  Expect last minute panic deals again because that's how they operate for the past two summers.  The modus operandi seems to be giving Low balling offers, piss off the clubs on the other side of the negotiating table and drag the talks out until the transfer deadline is looming which then triggers a series of incremental offers until which it becomes too late for the selling club to look for viable alternatives and panic buys become a last ditch resort.  Witness the Koulibaly, Nainggolan and Stones transfer sagas. 

We have to give lots of credit to Conte for making the best of the squad and had them playing out of their skins for the season just completed despite not getting any of his preferred transfer targets. I firmly believe this is as far as it goes with this squad which is riddled with technical deficiencies and if the Board reverts to type and fail to get any of Conte's targets or worse sign a bunch of Djilobdojis and Miazgas, he really should walk and I would applaud him for that.  The club's ambition will be questioned come September 1 if Conte isn't backed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, lchk said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Emenalo and Marina waits until at least July 1 before starting any transfer negotiations.  Expect last minute panic deals again because that's how they operate for the past two summers.  The modus operandi seems to be giving Low balling offers, piss off the clubs on the other side of the negotiating table and drag the talks out until the transfer deadline is looming which then triggers a series of incremental offers until which it becomes too late for the selling club to look for viable alternatives and panic buys become a last ditch resort.  Witness the Koulibaly, Nainggolan and Stones transfer sagas. 

We have to give lots of credit to Conte for making the best of the squad and had them playing out of their skins for the season just completed despite not getting any of his preferred transfer targets. I firmly believe this is as far as it goes with this squad which is riddled with technical deficiencies and if the Board reverts to type and fail to get any of Conte's targets or worse sign a bunch of Djilobdojis and Miazgas, he really should walk and I would applaud him for that.  The club's ambition will be questioned come September 1 if Conte isn't backed.

September 1? If we don't have at least half our deals wrapped up by mid July, I'd be questioning the bloody ambition. I've had enough of those stupid Koulibaly, Nanggolan, Stones type sagas that unnecessarily last the entire summer and go nowhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


47 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

September 1? If we don't have at least half our deals wrapped up by mid July, I'd be questioning the bloody ambition. I've had enough of those stupid Koulibaly, Nanggolan, Stones type sagas that unnecessarily last the entire summer and go nowhere.

This 100 times, we need to get back to when Jose was first back at the club and we went hard backing him, brought in players the quality of Fabregas and Costa early on in the summer IIRC.

 

That has to be the priority, get the deals done early, give the fans something to get it excited about and most importantly get the players in to have a FULL pre season with us before the start of the campaignz That way they fully understand the tactics and get to know their teammates they'll be playing with.

 

I'll be furious if it gets towards August and we're back to panicking trying to sign a bunch of average players because we've fannied about all summer low balling clubs.

 

We should have an absolute war chest with the players we've sold and the money the club earns by itself let alone any investment from RA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Barrettinator said:

September 1? If we don't have at least half our deals wrapped up by mid July, I'd be questioning the bloody ambition. I've had enough of those stupid Koulibaly, Nanggolan, Stones type sagas that unnecessarily last the entire summer and go nowhere.

Heh, I am cutting some slack for the Board in case the board defenders here accuse me of being impatient and not affording them more time to negotiate and get things done.  But hey, some would say that these Long drawn sagas at least show that the Board is putting in bids and doing its job, results be damned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, lchk said:

Heh, I am cutting some slack for the Board in case the board defenders here accuse me of being impatient and not affording them more time to negotiate and get things done.  But hey, some would say that these Long drawn sagas at least show that the Board is putting in bids and doing its job, results be damned.

Enough of that. They did it in 2010 after the double, did it again in 2015. No more. They even did it last summer as well. Only managed to get Kante fairly early. Can you imagine. A summer when we should have been desperate to reinforce the squad after finishing 10th. I've had enough of exercising patience with them. They need to deliver swiftly or Conte will walk. He's done it before at Juventus so I'm sure he won't hesitate to do it again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

This 100 times, we need to get back to when Jose was first back at the club and we went hard backing him, brought in players the quality of Fabregas and Costa early on in the summer IIRC.

 

That has to be the priority, get the deals done early, give the fans something to get it excited about and most importantly get the players in to have a FULL pre season with us before the start of the campaignz That way they fully understand the tactics and get to know their teammates they'll be playing with.

 

I'll be furious if it gets towards August and we're back to panicking trying to sign a bunch of average players because we've fannied about all summer low balling clubs.

 

We should have an absolute war chest with the players we've sold and the money the club earns by itself let alone any investment from RA.

The full pre season bit is what I always want the club to conclude their transfers as early as possible.  Long drawn out transfer sagas only add to uncertainty and can even disrupt the manager's preparation due to last minute player insertions which are likely not his choices.  I remembered the lengthy time gap after Kante was signed and when Alonso and Luiz was signed.  It's either pay up or move on to an alternative option instead of making bids right into the final weeks before the transfer deadline leaving the selling clubs with no time to buy their replacements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

Enough of that. They did it in 2010 after the double, did it again in 2015. No more. They even did it last summer as well. Only managed to get Kante fairly early. Can you imagine. A summer when we should have been desperate to reinforce the squad after finishing 10th. I've had enough of exercising patience with them. They need to deliver swiftly or Conte will walk. He's done it before at Juventus so I'm sure he won't hesitate to do it again.

Kante's contract had an affordable transfer fee trigger clause which is why it was a lot easier to get the deal done quickly.  As far as I know, none of our supposed targets this summer have transfer release clauses in their contracts except for Griezmann and that is set at a very high level, anyway Mourinho is going to sign him.  

I think Conte is a gentleman and he would exercise patience in allowing the board to try and get his preferred targets over the entire summer transfer period.  However, everyone has its limits and if average crap like Djilobdojis are signed come Sep 1 after Long drawn sagas for desired targets, then I can see Conte being snapped up by another club sooner rather than later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


13 minutes ago, lchk said:

Kante's contract had an affordable transfer fee trigger clause which is why it was a lot easier to get the deal done quickly.  As far as I know, none of our supposed targets this summer have transfer release clauses in their contracts except for Griezmann and that is set at a very high level, anyway Mourinho is going to sign him.  

I think Conte is a gentleman and he would exercise patience in allowing the board to try and get his preferred targets over the entire summer transfer period.  However, everyone has its limits and if average crap like Djilobdojis are signed come Sep 1 after Long drawn sagas for desired targets, then I can see Conte being snapped up by another club sooner rather than later.

The thing is we should have a very good relationship with Atleti considering the back and forth with Tibo, Luiz, Costa etc and if they want Costa back as they've been linked with again, we have them over a barrel. Sell us Griezmann or you don't get Costa, simple as that. 

 

Griezmann wouldnt turn it down if that's the only option available to him IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

The thing is we should have a very good relationship with Atleti considering the back and forth with Tibo, Luiz, Costa etc and if they want Costa back as they've been linked with again, we have them over a barrel. Sell us Griezmann or you don't get Costa, simple as that. 

 

Griezmann wouldnt turn it down if that's the only option available to him IMO.

That would depend on what Chelsea can get from Athletico Madrid and also if Conte and the Board wants to buy Griezmann.  Personally, I doubt any big names will be bought or even targetted by the board this summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

Enough of that. They did it in 2010 after the double, did it again in 2015. No more. They even did it last summer as well. Only managed to get Kante fairly early. Can you imagine. A summer when we should have been desperate to reinforce the squad after finishing 10th. I've had enough of exercising patience with them. They need to deliver swiftly or Conte will walk. He's done it before at Juventus so I'm sure he won't hesitate to do it again.

Walk or get sacked if he stuck around cause our rivals will all reinforce and if we do not the papering over the cracks will show. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...
Please Sign In or Sign Up

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

Alright already, It's off!