Next Seasons Prep

Blue Exile

Yes, I know we haven't even got the trophy yet, and some of you probably have sore heads from last nights shenanigans..but what are your realistic expectations for next season?

I say realistic because I know we'd all love to see us bag a quadruple, but it isn't going to happen.

Now we have the league again, do you think we have it in us to do a league/CL double? Do you want us to focus on Europe and consolidate a top 4 spot?

For me I want the league again next year, not too fussed about the CL - for next year at least. I think we need to strengthen a lot to mount a double assault on both, maybe 2018/19 for that. I want Chelsea to be regarded as the undisputed dominant force here, and 3 titles in 4 years would justify that status imo. 

I hope we don't make the same mistakes as we did after 2014/2015.

Next season is a big test for the club and players as to whether they learnt the hard lessons from two years ago.

22 minutes ago, Chigzzer said:

I expect us to be top 3 in the league and semi of champions league. That's if we invest well in the summer. 

I would hope for that too. I wouldnt be too fussed if we dont win anything next year as long as we go deep in Europe and at least challenge for the title.

I hope no matter how bad or well we play we give Conte our backing and he is still our manager come what may. It would be nice to have him in charge atleast until 2020.

On the season itself it will be much harder the league won't likely bend over for us again next year, so I'd be very content with top 4, a cup run and some decent football. Obviosuly anything above that would be a massive bonus.

Conte is ruthless and I would be very, very surprised if an implosion similar to last season were to occur. In my mind, there's no chance we'll return to training as late as we did that summer with Mourinho. It's very hard to retain a title, but we'll be up there again

Depends on how well we recruit.

Juventus had weaker competition than Chelsea arguably, but judging by past history I wouldn't put it past Conte to go back-to-back, even with CL football and the prospect of rivals strengthening. 

i want to see the board and emenalo back conte in the transfermarket. no penny pinching, none of this taking your time business, no interfering with his preferred options - just give him the money, get the players in and do it EARLY

as far as what i envision us winning....too early to say..... but the minimum expectation is to see us to challenge on every front. i know our competitors are going to strengthen in the premier league but i really think we can go back to back...that along with one of the cups and a DEEP run in the champions league and i'll be satisfied.

but considering what conte's been able to pull off so far i wouldn't be surprised if we did even better than that.

god knows. we won the league with jose, then it went to sh*t the following season. i hope it's not a recurrence next season, but i think it will help bringing in a few signings to keep the starting 11 on their toes. also, having conte at the helm i don't think it will happen next season but who knows. i would love to get far in the champions league though. 

My expectations are we will keep the manager and the core of the player group, sign 3-4 reinforcement, then the trophies will come.

In the past, we wasted a number of opportunities to reach the next level after a title or major trophy, let's hope we won't mess it up next season.

I expect heavy investments into our squad for next season after Oscar, Terry, Ivanovic and Mikel are gone. There is also the possibility that one or two of Costa, Batshuayi, Zouma, Willian and Fabregas are leaving, I refuse to think of Hazard leaving. We need atleast 3-4 additions to our squad as it is to cope with extra games next season, without dropping in quality when we are rotating. Whoever leaves we need to bring in replacements for as well.

With the right investments I expect us to atleast reach the semi finals in CL and to challange for the PL title again.

My expectations are the board has learned its lesson from previous title winning sides and we strengthen the squad whilst we are in the position of power. Get the business done early and allow the manager to take us to the next level. Do this and there is no reason we can't retain the title. A good run in the CL too. Use the League cup to develop the youngsters and give the FA Cup a run for its money.

Buy early..buy big...buy quality...lets lay down a marker of our intent to go for it in the league and Europe...like we should of done in the summer of 2015....but somehow...this board...i just know are gonner f**k around...please god hope not.  

I hope the first thing the board do is to reward Conte with a pay rise and an extended contract. At least 3 or 4 quality additions to the squad with Christenson back from his loan period. We should be looking to retain the PL with domestic cup and at least getting to the semi's of the CL. It's going to be tougher to win the PL League next season but Conte will be demanding this of the squad. I just really hope the board back Conte as regard to transfer targets and get the deals done as early as possible.

It depends on which players are being bought and sold and if Conte wishes to further tinker with his formation and tactics.  I am not confident that the Board has learnt its lessons during the summer of 2010 and 2015 when the squads stood still or were weakened.  Better pray there aren't any more Djilobdojis, Hectors or Pato buys this summer otherwise Conte might just hive off to Inter Milan or Barcelona.

I wanted a lot of youth integration (ake, andreas, baker, chalobah, musonda, tammy, aina/kane) but now I just feel something changing inside me. Time for dominance.

I dont think Chalobah, baker, aina/kane have what it takes to make it here big time.

Squad:

GK: Tibo, Bego/2nd GK,Blackman

CB: GC, DL, Azpi, Ake, Andreas, Zouma

RWB: Moses, 2nd RWB

LWB: Alonso, Baba

CM: Kante, new world-class CM, Cesc, Matic, Nat/Baker

Forwards: Costa/Lukaku, Michy, Tammy, Hazard, Sanchez/Antoine, Pedro, Willian

Archived