Mason Mount new deal

I'm very happy for him, seems like a very talented player and he was on fire this season. 

Maybe another premier league loan or loan to be a better league. He has to play, his confidence will only raise and he will be improving much more than warming our bench. 

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Lets be honest though, how many youth players from other teams that are probably doing well on loans do we know about and people are speaking about. We only speak about Mount because he's a Chesea lad, if he was having this season whilst on loan from City not a single person on this forum would mention him and would laugh at the thought of him being included. More so if he had come through the Vitesse academy and had this season people wouldn't be asking for his call up. 

Sterling operates well through the middle, but he's offered width all season for City much like Sane. 

Mount is one of the best players in the world for his age. He won everything with the Chelsea academy. He won the Euros with the England and got the player of the tournament. He got player of the year at Vitesse and their fans and players say he is the best loanee they have had from us by far. He has clubs queuing up to take him either on loan or permanently. Southgate mentioned him in the press conference and said they are closely monitoring him.

You post like he is bang average. If anything being at Chelsea is a hindrance for him because of the lack of respect we show our youth players by never actually bothering to play any of them in the first team, no matter how good they are.

43 minutes ago, benjsross said:

Foden? Lookman? Sancho? Sessegnon?

Mount has had a better season than all of them. I hear their names a lot. I only hear of Mount here. 

Don't know why, it's a bit odd. Mount did get in FIFA TOTW though.

The only one i have seen seriously considered is Sessegnon. Not seen a single person mention the others for a look in on the team. 

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Lets be honest though, how many youth players from other teams that are probably doing well on loans do we know about and people are speaking about. We only speak about Mount because he's a Chesea lad, if he was having this season whilst on loan from City not a single person on this forum would mention him and would laugh at the thought of him being included. More so if he had come through the Vitesse academy and had this season people wouldn't be asking for his call up. 

Sterling operates well through the middle, but he's offered width all season for City much like Sane. 

Issue is those other teams don’t have players on loan doing that good. City had a guy on loan at Celtic that was ripping up the league last season, and he was hyped up for an England call up.

I think we do underestimate our youth team players, they have over the last 3yrs been dominant not only nationally but also in Europe. It is unreal, but for whatever reason (poor management IMO) they are not making the breakthrough.

15 minutes ago, MasonMountXI said:

Mount is one of the best players in the world for his age. Same age or older than Mbappe, CHO, Sancho, Arp, Donnarumma. All arguably better. Nothing more than your personal opinion here. He won everything with the Chelsea academy. So did everyone else in the academy lol. He won the Euros with the England and got the player of the tournament. So did Solanke, look at him now. He got player of the year at Vitesse As did Lewis Baker. and their fans and players say he is the best loanee they have had from us by far. They said the same about Piazon, B.Traore and Baker. He has clubs queuing up to take him either on loan or permanently. Southgate mentioned him in the press conference and said they are closely monitoring him. Could basically copy and paste the above into a thread about Lewis Baker 2 or 3 years ago.

You post like he is bang average. If anything being at Chelsea is a hindrance for him because of the lack of respect we show our youth players by never actually bothering to play any of them in the first team, no matter how good they are. And you post like a fan boy. 

46 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

I'm very happy for him, seems like a very talented player and he was on fire this season. 

Maybe another premier league loan or loan to be a better league. He has to play, his confidence will only raise and he will be improving much more than warming our bench. 

Reminds me so much of Eriksen, so fingers crossed we get it right. I remember when Spurs signed Eriksen from Ajax for was in £8.5m/£10.5m then, bargain even back then when we were spending £25m regularly. His performances were a bit streaky but you could clearly see he was talented. You would need to bid well over £100m for Levy to even pick up his phone. 

28 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Mount is one of the best players in the world for his age. Same age or older than Mbappe, CHO, Sancho, Arp, Donnarumma. All arguably better. Nothing more than your personal opinion here. He won everything with the Chelsea academy. So did everyone else in the academy lol. He won the Euros with the England and got the player of the tournament. So did Solanke, look at him now. He got player of the year at Vitesse As did Lewis Baker. and their fans and players say he is the best loanee they have had from us by far. They said the same about Piazon, B.Traore and Baker. He has clubs queuing up to take him either on loan or permanently. Southgate mentioned him in the press conference and said they are closely monitoring him. Could basically copy and paste the above into a thread about Lewis Baker 2 or 3 years ago.

You post like he is bang average. If anything being at Chelsea is a hindrance for him because of the lack of respect we show our youth players by never actually bothering to play any of them in the first team, no matter how good they are. And you post like a fan boy. 

So you agree that he is one of the best players in the world for his age then since you can only name 5 players that are better. Mbappe obviously is the best of all the players mentioned including Mount. I disagree that CHO, Sancho and Arp are better than Mount but they are very good and in time could be better.

Yes you are right everyone did and Mount won player of the year in the academy that won everything.

Well they are saying he is better than Piazon, Traore and Baker. And it doesn't take a genius to work out Mount is better than those 3.

So you don't think our youth players that are elite players for their age deserve the chance to play in our first team?

39 minutes ago, MasonMountXI said:

So you agree that he is one of the best players in the world for his age then since you can only name 5 players that are better. Mbappe obviously is the best of all the players mentioned including Mount. I disagree that CHO, Sancho and Arp are better than Mount but they are very good and in time could be better.

Yes you are right everyone did and Mount won player of the year in the academy that won everything.

Well they are saying he is better than Piazon, Traore and Baker. And it doesn't take a genius to work out Mount is better than those 3.

So you don't think our youth players that are elite players for their age deserve the chance to play in our first team?

Ignoring the point that everything he is doing Lewis Baker did long ago.

Yes our youth players a good. Good enough to go prove themselves on loan in a real league like RLC before having opportunities handed to them.

22 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Ignoring the point that everything he is doing Lewis Baker did long ago.

Yes our youth players a good. Good enough to go prove themselves on loan in a real league like RLC before having opportunities handed to them.

I'm not ignoring it. You are ignoring the fact that Mount has done more and is better than Baker. 

If you have the talent then you deserve the opportunity. Not all players need to jump over loan hurdles, when they already have the necessary talent. We could have Messi in our academy and people would want him out on loan.

37 minutes ago, MasonMountXI said:

I'm not ignoring it. You are ignoring the fact that Mount has done more and is better than Baker. 

If you have the talent then you deserve the opportunity. Not all players need to jump over loan hurdles, when they already have the necessary talent. We could have Messi in our academy and people would want him out on loan.

Baker scored 15 goals in 39 games and lead Vitesse to their first ever cup.

Mount has scored 14 in 39 and no cup win. Would hardly say he's done that much better. 

Are we really trying to put Mount on the Messi pedestal? At 19 Messi was playing in Barca's first team and scoring for fun. Messi certainly would have been playing for us had we had him in our academy. Fact is none of our academy come close to him and likely ever will.

46 minutes ago, Total-Football said:

Mount is better then Loftus-Cheek. His performances for Vitesse this season are better then Bakers ever were. And he is one of the top 3 young players in the world.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. This is nothing more than an opinion. If it was fact, Mount would be on the plane to Russia in Ruben's place.

Since we started winning the FA Youth Cup and have produced one great youth team after another, the list is long of players we thought could make the grade - progress to the 1st team.

Clifford

Bruma

Sala

Tore

Saville

McEachran

Swift

Solanke

Da Silva

Chalobah

Ake

Colkett

Musonda

Brown

Palmer

Baker

RLC

Abraham

..................and so the list goes on to the last crop and the current crop.

We've all made the mistake of naming players who we thought would definitely make it. I did it with Josh - thought he would be Chelsea's and Englands future. I can see why some are getting carried away with both Mount and Hudson Odoi, as both look a bit special but they both still have a lot to prove and as much as I would like to see them in the first team squad next season ahead of the likes of Drinkwater & Pedro, are they really better than those on the long list?

9 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Mount has scored 14 in 39 and no cup win. Would hardly say he's done that much better. 

Are we really trying to put Mount on the Messi pedestal? At 19 Messi was playing in Barca's first team and scoring for fun. Messi certainly would have been playing for us had we had him in our academy. Fact is none of our academy come close to him and likely ever will.

Hmmm. Don't forget we are Chelsea FC. Messi would have been on loan to either Swansea or Vitesse.

22 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Hmmm. Don't forget we are Chelsea FC. Messi would have been on loan to either Swansea or Vitesse.

I think he would have been an exception and made the first team. Was pretty much world class from the second he stepped on the pitch. Once in a life time talent. 

33 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Well the point I was making is that not all players need a loan. Some players are good enough to go straight into the first team. However if youth players are at Chelsea no matter what level they are at they need to go on loan and earn their place. While we go and stock pile loads of foreign players that play in the same position as them. 

From an individual level Mount has been better than Baker. Vitesse's fans, staff and players have all said as much.

2 minutes ago, MasonMountXI said:

Well the point I was making is that not all players need a loan. Some players are good enough to go straight into the first team. However if youth players are at Chelsea no matter what level they are at they need to go on loan and earn their place. While we go and stock pile loads of foreign players that play in the same position as them. 

From an individual level Mount has been better than Baker. Vitesse's fans, staff and players have all said as much.

1 hour ago, MasonMountXI said:

You said he has done more than Baker. I showed he hasn't. Less goals, less titles. 

Just showing that doing it at Vitesse DOESN'T mean you're good enough to get close to Chelsea level. Lad needs a proper loan. 

6 minutes ago, MasonMountXI said:

Adding to the last bit, where have their players or staff said "Mount is better than Baker".?

7 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Adding to the last bit, where have their players or staff said "Mount is better than Baker".?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11375960/is-mason-mount-the-next-academy-star-from-chelsea-we-profile-the-talented-teenager?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Vitesse captain Guram Kashia has seen many Chelsea loanees come and go in his eight years at the club, but has hailed Mount as the best he has seen. He told De Telegraaf. "Man, this boy is brilliant. At the beginning of the season, I saw him as a little boy with us at the training. I liked him and saw that he was a smart player, but thought he was too young. I never thought he would go that forward.

"I have seen very good talents, but Mason is the best. [Bertrand] Traore, for example, was great, but with him it went step by step in a year and a half. What this boy does for each other in one season ... it's as if he suddenly improved 50 per cent. "

I watch Vitesse occasionally, have been doing so for a while. In my opinion there's no question about who the best loanee at Vitesse has been. It's Mason Mount, without a doubt. Now of course that doesn't mean anything. Physically for instance you can't compare the dutch league to the prem.

Let's face it. He probably isn't good enough yet, but we'll never know if he doesn't get a chance. To me he looks like a player who will be able to adapt to a higher level fairly easily, but if he's ready for our first team already I really can't tell, but I doubt it .

12 minutes ago, CFCholland said:

I watch Vitesse occasionally, have been doing so for a while. In my opinion there's no question about who the best loanee at Vitesse has been. It's Mason Mount, without a doubt. Now of course that doesn't mean anything. Physically for instance you can't compare the dutch league to the prem.

Let's face it. He probably isn't good enough yet, but we'll never know if he doesn't get a chance. To me he looks like a player who will be able to adapt to a higher level fairly easily, but if he's ready for our first team already I really can't tell, but I doubt it .

This is the point. Being Vitesse's best player means very little. 

Archived