Mason Mount new deal

4 more years with the first one at Vitesse.

This is one of the first where we will see Bath's intention of getting youth products with 100 or more games under their belt by the time their 21, saving us from buying Bakayokos. 

Super impressive for our youth and his England age group, something like 5 assists across the semi and final of this summers u-19 euros. 

He's been at the club since he was six, <3

https://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/07/mount-signs-new-deal-and-heads-to-vitesse.html

• 3 months later...

He hasn't really been playing very much at Vitesse so far, but he scored a great goal last weekend. Can anyone tell me a bit more about him? Was he in any of the trophy winning England youth squads lately?

Edit: ah I see he played a big part in England's u19 European cup win. Hopefully he'll get some more playing time soon. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Another assist today. He has been their best player since the winter break and they want to extend his loan deal for another year 

Feel loan deal to a Bundesliga club like Christensen would be good for him..

On 11/03/2018 at 16:56, DG19 said:

Another assist today. He has been their best player since the winter break and they want to extend his loan deal for another year 

Feel loan deal to a Bundesliga club like Christensen would be good for him..

Bit pointless staying there for another year, agree he needs to step up to the Bundesliga.

In terms of his per 90 performances I think he may already be better than Barkley. High mobility and looks like he can play either as an attacking #8, #10, or inside forward. Seems to play without fear and is happy to put a shift in to make a difference.

Hopefully he'll be with the first team for preseason.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Brit said:

Obviously doing well but without sounding too miserable, I'm not prepared to get too excited given lewis baker worked wonders at vitesse and is now barely getting a game at Middlesbrough 

Lewis Baker was three years older and was not putting in the level of performances that Mason Mount is. Baker was a first team player whilst Mount is their best player.

4 hours ago, The Brit said:

Obviously doing well but without sounding too miserable, I'm not prepared to get too excited given lewis baker worked wonders at vitesse and is now barely getting a game at Middlesbrough 

Baker wasn't infulencing games even 10% as much as Mount is, he was pretty quiet when he didn't score.

I'm excited to see Mason Mount's action in the future.

But I'm afraid being guaranteed of the first team is hard for him because Eden is there. His position of playing and domination of the club, contract and fee, will make young players at the same position (Which it is Second Striker or Attacking Midfielder) impossible to make the first team.

I think if Chelsea had Eden and being played like always, making Mason Mount a central midfielder is powerless too.

This is Oscar all over again.

49 minutes ago, evhien said:

I'm excited to see Mason Mount's action in the future.

But I'm afraid being guaranteed of the first team is hard for him because Eden is there. His position of playing and domination of the club, contract and fee, will make young players at the same position (Which it is Second Striker or Attacking Midfielder) impossible to make the first team.

I think if Chelsea had Eden and being played like always, making Mason Mount a central midfielder is powerless too.

This is Oscar all over again.

Mason Mount is more similar to De Bruyne then he is Oscar. He is very direct and very productive and has fantastic delivery from set pieces. Oscar was just a bit sh*t as well.

On 17/04/2018 at 16:20, Total-Football said:

Mason Mount is more similar to De Bruyne then he is Oscar. He is very direct and very productive and has fantastic delivery from set pieces. Oscar was just a bit sh*t as well.

I found Mount more similar to Isco 

i actually wouldn't mind seeing this kid either in the squad or going on loan in the prem. he most certainly has the ability. a prem loan would be good, dunno who would need him though. i am guessing maybe one of the newly promoted sides? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived