Mason Mount new deal

I'm kinda with MasonMountXI (you haven't done yourself any favours though calling yourself that).

This lad does appear to be a bit special. Okay, so do many who have gone before him but back then, we were in the position where we ate at the top table and could throw sh*t-loads of cash at top players. That doesn't seem to be the case any more and I just sense there might be a change of policy and that more of our academy players could break through. If Mount is as good as we hope, why waste sending him on loan somewhere where he could suffer the same bad experience as many before him. I really do think we should use the Europa League to give as many of the really top youngsters some decent game time whilst integrating them with the 1st team squad. 

How good would it be if in a couple of seasons time, RLC, Mount, CHO + one or two others were first team regulars in a Chelsea side challenging for honours.

12 minutes ago, MasonMountXI said:

What about Vitesse players that say Mount is the best.... Just going to ignore that then since it doesn't support your agenda. 

Vitesse players think Mount is the best? Have they not heard of Messi. 

Jokes aside being the best player at Vitesse is equivalent to what.. Being the best player of a club in League one? At a push.. 

3 minutes ago, Nibs said:

I'm kinda with MasonMountXI (you haven't done yourself any favours though calling yourself that).

This lad does appear to be a bit special. Okay, so do many who have gone before him but back then, we were in the position where we ate at the top table and could throw sh*t-loads of cash at top players. That doesn't seem to be the case any more and I just sense there might be a change of policy and that more of our academy players could break through. If Mount is as good as we hope, why waste sending him on loan somewhere where he could suffer the same bad experience as many before him. I really do think we should use the Europa League to give as many of the really top youngsters some decent game time whilst integrating them with the 1st team squad. 

How good would it be if in a couple of seasons time, RLC, Mount, CHO + one or two others were first team regulars in a Chelsea side challenging for honours.

My issue isn't whether he's special, it is obvious that he is. Its these new fans that hear a young lad has done well on a loan in a sh*t league and reckon he should be starting for Chelsea. Van Ginkel has done far better than Mount this season but even he doesn't look ready for Chelsea and is years older too. 

Mount may be ready in a coupe of years, he doesn't look it now though. 

2 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

My issue isn't whether he's special, it is obvious that he is. Its these new fans that hear a young lad has done well on a loan in a sh*t league and reckon he should be starting for Chelsea. Van Ginkel has done far better than Mount this season but even he doesn't look ready for Chelsea and is years older too. 

But sometimes you have to take that risk. What is "ready"?  All players are different - some will struggle to make the step up to the first team, some will take to it like a duck to water and actually play even better and never look back. I bet many argued at the time that Ali and Kane weren't ready to step up for Spurs, but it's all about taking the opportunity when it comes along.

11 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Dele Alli wasn't sent on loan. He only ever performed in league one. 

I'd like to see him play in the Europa league and be given a shot at the first team. Our midfield isn't that strong anyway so he could find a way in. 

26 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Vitesse players think Mount is the best? Have they not heard of Messi. 

Jokes aside being the best player at Vitesse is equivalent to what.. Being the best player of a club in League one? At a push.. 

You're banter is s***e. 

1 minute ago, Nibs said:

But sometimes you have to take that risk. What is "ready"?  All players are different - some will struggle to make the step up to the first team, some will take to it like a duck to water and actually play even better and never look back. I bet many argued at the time that Ali and Kane weren't ready to step up for Spurs, but it's all about taking the opportunity when it comes along.

For every 1 player that makes it i bet there are 100 that don't. Why risk silverware when we can send them on loan and they can prove they're ready.

11 minutes ago, benjsross said:

Dele Alli wasn't sent on loan. He only ever performed in league one. 

I'd like to see him play in the Europa league and be given a shot at the first team. Our midfield isn't that strong anyway so he could find a way in. 

And for every Dele Alli there are 100's of failures. 

30 minutes ago, Nibs said:

It's just a username. Not sure why it is relevant. 

I am an advocate of all of our outstanding Youth Players from CHO, Sterling, Da Silva, Mceachran etc... I just decided to call the username Mason Mount because I couldn't think of anything else at the time. 

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I'm going to assume you're trying to get a nibble from me with that disgusting attempt at spelling 'your'.

As opposed to the genius you are that doesn't know the difference between 'bantering' and 'trolling'. 

9 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. This is nothing more than an opinion. If it was fact, Mount would be on the plane to Russia in Ruben's place.

He outperformsaid Loftus-Cheek at a similar age. 18 year old Loftus-Cheek was still playing youth football. Mount has performed better then Loftus-Cheek at a similar age and at every part of his development. Simple as that.

P.S. Lewis baker comparisons are dumb. Lewis baker got 10 goals and 2 assists in one season and 5 goals and 4 assists in another. 

15 goals 6 assists.

Mount has 14 goals and 10 assists in his first professional season when he is 2 years younger than Baker. 

9 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Adding to the last bit, where have their players or staff said "Mount is better than Baker".?

Not in as many words but

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/5/18/17364278/mason-mount-vitesse-chelsea-guram-kashia-loan-army

If you look at goals and assists it might look like Baker was on par with Mount but in terms of influence on the pitch Mason is miles ahead, it's not even close.

13 hours ago, ducavis said:

Issue is those other teams don’t have players on loan doing that good. City had a guy on loan at Celtic that was ripping up the league last season, and he was hyped up for an England call up.

I think we do underestimate our youth team players, they have over the last 3yrs been dominant not only nationally but also in Europe. It is unreal, but for whatever reason (poor management IMO) they are not making the breakthrough.

I've offered opinions on this at some length before so I won't bore anybody by laying it again. A short version would be to mention two things. First, I can't think of a single genuine Cobham graduate who has gone on to produce a level of performance elsewhere which proves the club were wrong not to select them. Second, the product coming out of Cobham seems to me to be getting better.

Two key factors in determining a young player's prospects are talent and how well they have been coached. Talent is random and in a sense guided by luck. Clubs can't inject talent into kids, or even coach it into them. In terms of coaching however I believe the current crop of U18 players are they most well rounded footballers that Cobham has produced. Most of them are not as talented as say, Jerimie Boga, but they are better players than he was at their age. In short, the academy is doing a good job of educating them. Cobham can only teach Kids to become as good as they possibly can. Whether as good as they can be, turns out to be good enough is a different question.

We fans have to keep reminding ourselves that when a player gets too old for the U18s, he's still probably four years away from the age at which most players who are going to make it begin to become starters. I think two of the current crop have very real chances of a breakthrough, perhaps even of doing so at an earlier than average age, but they are 17 & 18. Along with Mason Mount, they are among the first players to have gone right through their junior education (8 - 18) in the new Chelsea Academy. That is a significant factor in why they are better than the players who either partially learned their trade elsewhere, or who started at the old Chelsea academy before the club condemned it, and started again from scratch.

Let's hope he gets to go on tour in pre-season and see what comes of it.

Depending on who the new manager is I'd like to see RLC, Mount, Ampadu, Sterling, JCS, James and DaSilva go on tour to give them a shot at a first team place. 

2 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

What position has Mount been playing for Vitesse this season ?

Midfield ?

Attacking Midfield ?

Central, left or right ?

Just trying to think what formation he'd fit into ... and who he might be competing with for a place in our first team ...

All of the above. He mainly plays a similar position to Lampard. Most advanced CM in a three man midfield. However, he has played all attacking positions this season to a very high standard.

16 hours ago, Total-Football said:

He outperformsaid Loftus-Cheek at a similar age. 18 year old Loftus-Cheek was still playing youth football. Mount has performed better then Loftus-Cheek at a similar age and at every part of his development. Simple as that.

P.S. Lewis baker comparisons are dumb. Lewis baker got 10 goals and 2 assists in one season and 5 goals and 4 assists in another. 

15 goals 6 assists.

Mount has 14 goals and 10 assists in his first professional season when he is 2 years younger than Baker. 

Mount is 19. At 18 Loftus Cheek was starting against Liverpool and putting in a MOTM performance whilst pocketing Coutinho. Simple as that. 

P.S. you can't include Mount's cup goals and not Baker's. In all apps for Vitesse Mount has 14 goals and Baker got 15 goals in his last season alone..

16 hours ago, Total-Football said:

He has performed the best by far this season.

Screenshot_2018-05-18-22-13-01.png

are you honestly going to try to compare a season in Holland to a season in the Prem with RLC? If so this discussion is closed. Heard Will Grigg is doing alright for Wigan again this year, let chuck him in the Chelsea team too cus he'll have better stats than Morata. This argument is actually laughable. 

6 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

are you honestly going to try to compare a season in Holland to a season in the Prem with RLC? If so this discussion is closed. Heard Will Grigg is doing alright for Wigan again this year, let chuck him in the Chelsea team too cus he'll have better stats than Morata. This argument is actually laughable. 

I compared Mount to Lewis Baker last season (Where you came up with this ridiculous idea that their seasons were comparable in level of performance) where it is clear as day that Baker was not even in Mount's league in terms of level. It's ridiculous that you think that and quite frankly a bit of a joke the way you try and downplay another youth player to hype up your favourite. Loftus-Cheekis great, Mount is in my opinion better, you're just being disingenuous by doing the same sh*t you whine about other posters doing about Loftus-Cheek; severely downplaying the level of performance of Mount. 

6 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Mount is 19. At 18 Loftus Cheek was starting against Liverpool and putting in a MOTM performance whilst pocketing Coutinho. Simple as that. 

P.S. you can't include Mount's cup goals and not Baker's. In all apps for Vitesse Mount has 14 goals and Baker got 15 goals in his last season alone..

You're wrong. I don't know if hindsight has made you think that his performance was great. It was average. He was decent sitting in DM with Mikel sitting next to him holding his hand. He played a classic Mikel performance (sitting keeping it simple) and was nothing if not unspectacular. In fact, he ended up being hooked off at 60 mins because Coutinho and Co. were starting to overrun him and he was getting dominated for the last five minutes of his performance. It wasn't this grand MotM game that you are embelishing on here. Just a decent debut against a good side with lots of promise for the future. 

Mount hasn't played in the cup. They got Knocked out before he could even play for them. A bit unfair to compare with Baker who had more minutes then him. Also, Mount was 18 when the season began. He also got MotM against Lazio (and an assist) who are a top four Italian side. 

Archived