Isco

Wearyourblue

3 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Agree we need something different not sure on Isco, took a look at this and he dribbles well, good penalty taker yet over hits some of his longer passes and no clips of him scoring from shooting in play.

He is undoubtedly talented yet think we have those skills already though perhaps not in one player, undoubtedly would link up well with Jorginho, Kovacic and Barkley.

The concern for me just now is scoring and perhaps his angled crosses and passes might help achieve that, just not sure.

Sorry, but is that it? Aren't these videos supposed to show off a players best bits? If that is the case, then there was nothing spectacular to see in this video. A few decent long passes here and there, but I'm not seeing anything that we aren't already seeing here. We need creativity, I'm not seeing Isco create much at all here.

People are saying he would create more for Abraham, but this video shows that he doesn't create anything for strikers.

Right now I think Isco is exactly the signing we need. In an ideal world we would have a left back in a similar mould to Reece James, and we would create an abundance of chances from our full backs in a similar mould to Liverpool. Right now we don’t have that and our only creativity is coming from Reece at full back. We need someone who can play in front of a 2 in midfield, I think for now Isco would be exactly what we need. Sign him. 

50 minutes ago, evissy said:

He has legs measuring 20 centimeters. Zero pace. Do we need his type?

Nope. Dont think he would cope with the PL. Would be muscled out of it and the Real Madrid diving culture would see him become another Morata, a frustrating figure.

I know Isco is quality don't get me wrong but when I see us play and I see Jorginho run I just think he would be so good if he had some pace. Most of our players are quick. Now if you constantly unlock defences and score it is all right but is Isco doing that even for Real? If he is why on earth would he be in this rumours section..?

1 hour ago, evissy said:

I know Isco is quality don't get me wrong but when I see us play and I see Jorginho run I just think he would be so good if he had some pace. Most of our players are quick. Now if you constantly unlock defences and score it is all right but is Isco doing that even for Real? If he is why on earth would he be in this rumours section..?

If the video above is anything to go by, then no, he isn't.

Well it's actually something to take into consideration, Isco didn't score any goals this season in La Liga...

Goal against England, friendly from a long time ago...

He's capable of doing many things with the ball even if he lacks pace. But he isn't having a good season so far...

We don't need players to make the second assist or to be a part of passing triangle. We need a player who can either unlock defences with intelligent interplay or score goals. For me Ruben can do that from midfield whenever he is fit.

Archived