Isco

Wearyourblue

I have no idea the truth of these rumors, or which sites are credible.  But this "rumor" is the first situation that would actually make me want to sell Hazard.  Obviously he's done nothing to squash rumors he may leave in the future, and he hasn't signed the contract or my opinion would be different.  This seems it would be double his worth in the summer.

An offer that, evidently, will be used by Real Madrid to face the signing with which Florentino Pérez dreams. We are talking about Eden Hazard , who knows that he either leaves Chelsea or will have a difficult time in the future. 150 Million and Isco .

50 and Isco would be reaching. 150 and Isco is a pipe dream. 

Have to think the transaction value of Hazard halves with one year left. I think €75M may get it done in the summer. 

So Isco and cash to me would be tolerable. 

The other rumors is that City sees Isco as a long term replacement for Silva. That's not going to make him any cheaper. 

1 hour ago, Skinnedy said:

50 and Isco would be reaching. 150 and Isco is a pipe dream. 

Have to think the transaction value of Hazard halves with one year left. I think €75M may get it done in the summer. 

So Isco and cash to me would be tolerable. 

The other rumors is that City sees Isco as a long term replacement for Silva. That's not going to make him any cheaper. 

"But reports in Spain suggest Real could attempt to spin the transfer on its head.  According to Spanish outlet El Gol Digital, Bernabeu bigwig Florentino Perez is set to propose a swap deal to land Hazard.  He is willing to give up Isco AND £136m (€150m) for the 27-year-old.  Isco has fallen out of favour this season."

Daily Star, and I know it's just throwing stuff out there to see what sticks... but that said I think I would turn down 50 and Isco in January, I would take 150 and Isco in January for sure.  If RM want a talisman type player to revive their La Liga season and go for a CL trophy... I think Hazard may be their only real option. Real has only scored 24 goals this season... Barca has scored 47,  it would not shock me to see them way overspend.

Would need to buy a better striker with the extra cash. So if we got say isco and say 100 for hazard, and say 60 for morata, we could perhaps pick up icardi and fekir. Like the idea of this as our attacking line up.

Kante - jorginho

Fekir - loftus cheek - isco

Icardi

Bench - barkley, willian, pedro, giroud

Also, i think loftus cheek is class, he needs more of a chance.

Ideally for me we'd sign Kovacic and Isco. Kovacic could rotate with Kante at RCM and Isco with Kovacic/Barkley at LCM. Isco could also give us the option of playing with a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 hybrid with Isco drifting into the #10 position. No qualms if that means selling Hazard tbh, Willian/RLC/Hudson-Odoi could play at LW.

Kante/Kovacic (RLC) - Jorginho (Kante) - Isco (Kovacic/Barkley)
Pedro/Pulisic (RLC) - Fekir/Joelinton - Willian (RLC/CHO)

2 hours ago, atomis said:

Its not that we lost......its the manner we are losing to average teams, weakened teams, playing slow boring aimless footy, but hey we are ripping possession stats so thats good I guess.

Ok? so now we hope other teams want to buy our players? 

I was merely joking that hoping pep still wants him is clearly the typical attitude around here after a loss, not sure how your response here relates to that.

12 minutes ago, Stim said:

Ok? so now we hope other teams want to buy our players? 

I was merely joking that hoping pep still wants him is clearly the typical attitude around here after a loss, not sure how your response here relates to that.

Ohh I wasnt dissing you..............not my style, on a footy forum noless. Jhorgo is has a place in this team....he needs further up imo and Kante back.

• 11 months later...

2 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

I imagine he’d be playing on the right, like how Lampard played Mount on the left sometimes.

I’d take him, world class player.

Number 10 for me. Would prefer more pace on the wing. id take him aswell though. one of those players you would pay to watch.

I have my doubts about Isco, he seems a little lightweight for the PL especially in his preferred advanced role. Fabregas had a lot of success with us playing deeper as he was allowed space and time on the ball to impact games with Isco he is a player who prefers playing further up and in the Premier League it becomes highly congested in the last third especially when you get teams parking the bus.

Having said that I think in todays market 44m for a player of the quality of Isco is a bargain and a risk worth taking & definitely an upgrade on Barkley.

2 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

I have my doubts about Isco, he seems a little lightweight for the PL especially in his preferred advanced role. Fabregas had a lot of success with us playing deeper as he was allowed space and time on the ball to impact games with Isco he is a player who prefers playing further up and in the Premier League it becomes highly congested in the last third especially when you get teams parking the bus.

Having said that I think in todays market 44m for a player of the quality of Isco is a bargain and a risk worth taking & definitely an upgrade on Barkley.

The likes of Mata and Silva have both done wellin the prem in advanced positions, and id argue isco isnt as lightweight as either of those, but i dont think theres anyway of knowing for certain about whether a player can deal with the physicality of the prem, unless they are in it. Look at morata for example, physically looks like he is well built, but he never wanted to fight in the way players thst are half his size did, like mata or silva for example. 

In terms of style compared to fabregas, i think isco is one of the best at operating under pressure, and getting out of tight situations, Fabregas had better vision, and passing, but isco is quicker over 5 yards, and his dribbling ability and close control is world class. Very different players for me. 

13 minutes ago, big blue said:

The likes of Mata and Silva have both done wellin the prem in advanced positions, and id argue isco isnt as lightweight as either of those, but i dont think theres anyway of knowing for certain about whether a player can deal with the physicality of the prem, unless they are in it. Look at morata for example, physically looks like he is well built, but he never wanted to fight in the way players thst are half his size did, like mata or silva for example. 

In terms of style compared to fabregas, i think isco is one of the best at operating under pressure, and getting out of tight situations, Fabregas had better vision, and passing, but isco is quicker over 5 yards, and his dribbling ability and close control is world class. Very different players for me. 

Agree they are different players with different attributes but my comment was more related to how previously a player of a similar build and nationality struggled in an advanced role yet flourished in a slightly deeper position. In La Liga you have a little more space to operate in especially in more attacking areas but in the Premier League that is not the case, not a criticism of Isco at all as he might take to it like duck to water but the challenge for him would be about whether he'll be able to adapt in keeping close control under immediate physical scrutiny.

I personally think he may take a little time to adapt and settle but would be an incredible addition to our squad and with the price being quoted its an absolute no brainer. In the last couple of years he has struggled but I think that is more to do with him not being a regular starter however with a Manager who backs him and gives him confidence alongside regular minutes I think he will flourish especially against some of the better teams in the league.

On 21/12/2019 at 08:36, JM7 said:

Rumours that we’ve made a £44m bid which is what their asking price was last summer. Seems abit low to me. Can’t see it happening

I think it's too high. 

I don't think he is all that great, especially this season and last season. He is one of those players that looks good for a few games and then goes through average form for a few months.

5 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I think it's too high. 

I don't think he is all that great, especially this season and last season. He is one of those players that looks good for a few games and then goes through average form for a few months.

You mean like Willian?

Archived