Arsenal v Chelsea on 25th Aug 1984

erskblue

The Boxing Day games at Rangers all seem to merge into one. We got stuck in horrendous traffic at Shepherds Bush Green one year and got in late, another time or it might have been the same year we knocked up a mate who was due to come with us; his Mum opened the door to tell us he’d been admitted to hospital with alcoholic poisoning!

Xmas day was always pleasant but a bit boring and you couldn’t wait for football and pubs being open the next day.

Regarding QPR away support, the old joke used to be “ Rangers Travel Club Bulletin- the moped will leave at......”

Recall one away game at qpr div 2 but the year and score escapes me  ,the game was during the Xmass period as iam sure the next game was away to Fulham ? 

was me first time at qpr and I was trecking throu some back streets trying to work out where the ground was ,when a gent came by us from the shadows as it was a night kick off and he said ‘ are you looking for the ground aswell ? ‘ 

I answer “yes mate “ and we both head in that direction then at end of whatever road the ground appears ,but all the time when talking to this chap iam thinking that I have seen him somewhere before on the TV but can’t quite place a name ..

we go our different ways and iam in the stand that’s along side the pitch on the LH side of the away end .

game ends and I head up back north and it’s bugging the hell out of me who this TV chap was that I was passing the time of 

day with before the game . The next day iam sat Infront of the idiot box watching a film which I think is called ‘ a man called horse ‘ and the said gent I was having a chin wag with had the leading roll >>>>>> Richard Burton ffs.

To this day I can’t recall the score ,but I think it was a cfc win and iam sure cfc hammered Fulham the next game at craven cottage as I had a ticket for game but did not end up going .

Edited by ddrblue

19841229.jpg

Sat 29th Dec 1984.  

We lost 1-3 to Man Utd at The Bridge.

Our scorer was Gordon Davie sin the 5th min.  King Kerry Dixon missed a penalty in the  79th min when it was 1-3.

A crowd of 42,197 saw it

Next up is Forest at the Bridge on Tues 1st Jan 1985.

On 29/12/2019 at 02:16, ddrblue said:

Recall one away game at qpr div 2 but the year and score escapes me  ,the game was during the Xmass period as iam sure the next game was away to Fulham ? 

was me first time at qpr and I was trecking throu some back streets trying to work out where the ground was ,when a gent came by us from the shadows as it was a night kick off and he said ‘ are you looking for the ground aswell ? ‘ 

I answer “yes mate “ and we both head in that direction then at end of whatever road the ground appears ,but all the time when talking to this chap iam thinking that I have seen him somewhere before on the TV but can’t quite place a name ..

we go our different ways and iam in the stand that’s along side the pitch on the LH side of the away end .

game ends and I head up back north and it’s bugging the hell out of me who this TV chap was that I was passing the time of 

day with before the game . The next day iam sat Infront of the idiot box watching a film which I think is called ‘ a man called horse ‘ and the said gent I was having a chin wag with had the leading roll >>>>>> Richard Burton ffs.

To this day I can’t recall the score ,but I think it was a cfc win and iam sure cfc hammered Fulham the next game at craven cottage as I had a ticket for game but did not end up going .

We got lost in Birmingham before the Villa Park semi v Man U in 96.

We’ve come off the motorway- hit the back doubles- next thing there’s a small convoy of other Chelsea motors behind us, no doubt attracted by the scarfes hanging out the windows and the hope we knew where we were going- we all ended up jammed up in a culdesac...

A geyser gets out the car behind and says

” Trust our luck following someone who doesn’t know where the f**k he’s going”

My mate the driver “ What you going on about. We’ve come up to visit our Aunt Mable at number six. You can’t come in”

24 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

We got lost in Birmingham before the Villa Park semi v Man U in 96.

We’ve come off the motorway- hit the back doubles- next thing there’s a small convoy of other Chelsea motors behind us, no doubt attracted by the scarfes hanging out the windows and the hope we knew where we were going- we all ended up jammed up in a culdesac...

A geyser gets out the car behind and says

” Trust our luck following someone who doesn’t know where the f**k he’s going”

My mate the driver “ What you going on about. We’ve come up to visit our Aunt Mable at number six. You can’t come in”

Wigan away 81, League Cup. A few of us hung back in the station so we could grab a beer somewhere. Ended up following the floodlights to.....Wigan rugby league ground, found the right stadium just before kick off. We lost 4-2 and got home pretty much just in time to get up for work, aah those were the days.

On 29/12/2019 at 02:16, ddrblue said:

Edited by zinc alloy
Messed up

On 31/12/2019 at 10:59, yorkleyblue said:

If by "his tits played with" you mean he had his tits pierced and stretched and then he got strung up  by them, then that's yer fella.

That’s the film fella,fcuk knows how I got burton and Harris mixed up but my Defence is me mind your honor 

On 26/12/2019 at 08:15, erskblue said:

programme cover for Queens Park Rangers v Chelsea, Wednesday, 26th Dec 1984Wed, 26th Dec 1984 at 11:30.     We drew 2-2 with QPR.   A crowd of 26,610 saw it.

Our scorer was 'King Kerry Dixon with two goals, both penalties.  In the 19th and 85 mins.

The cover of the programme is QPR being 'very generous' with the drawing of their 'famous away support !':biggrin:

Next up is Man Utd at The Bridge on Sat 29th Dec 1984.

That was my first visit to Loftus Road. Never quite knew why the old man took us, but as an excited 9 year old I wasn't going to say no. Anyway, we were in the away seats and Chelsea were absolutely everywhere as usual. Tons in the Ellerslie Road stand and almost as many in the Main Stand too. 

Can't remember much about the game, other than Gary Chivers (had gone to them by then) finishing a sliding tackle in front of the (official!) away terrace, getting a bit of stick and then flicking a small piece of frost at the travelling fans! 

19850105.jpg FA Cup 3rd Round. Saturday, 5th Jan 1985 and a 2-2 draw with Wigan Athletic. We were 2-0 down at one point !

Our scorers: David Speedie 52nd and Pat Nevin 57th mins.    A crowd of 16,220  saw it.

Next up is Arsenal at The Bridge on Saturday, 19th January 1985

Assume our game on Sat 12th Jan was postponed due to bad weather.

• 2 weeks later...

19850119.jpg

Back to playing on Saturday, 19th January 1985 .

A 1-1 draw at The Bridge with Arsenal.

Our scorer: David Speedie in the 89th min, with our late equaliser.

A crowd of 34,752 spectators  saw it at The Bridge.

Next up is Wigan away, for our FA Cup 3rd Rd Replay on Sat, 26th Jan 1985

Can't remember why our Cup replay was played on a Saturday ?

On 19/01/2020 at 07:42, erskblue said:

19850119.jpg

Back to playing on Saturday, 19th January 1985 .

A 1-1 draw at The Bridge with Arsenal.

Our scorer: David Speedie in the 89th min, with our late equaliser.

A crowd of 34,752 spectators  saw it at The Bridge.

Next up is Wigan away, for our FA Cup 3rd Rd Replay on Sat, 26th Jan 1985

Can't remember why our Cup replay was played on a Saturday ?

Fourth round used to be a set Saturday, so as we hadn’t got through we played it on that day. A lot of bad weather during Dec-Feb

19850126.jpg

Sat 26th Jan 1985

We beat Wigan Athletic 5-0 in our FA Cup 3rd Rd Replay.

Our scorers: David Speedie 12th min. Then King Kerry Dixon took over, scoring wise. He scored four goals.

In the 13th min, 36th min with a pen. Completed his hat-trick in the 40th min. Then rounded it off with scoring again in the 61st min.

A crowd of 9,708 saw it.

Next up is Sheffield Wed on Mon 28th Jan 85 at The Bridge. A Milk Cup 5th Rd tie.

No rest for us back then.