Euro 2020 (played in 2021)

11 hours ago, Bob stark said:

I understand what he said. Basically this England team is more Belgium than France because Belgium fail to deliver and France successfully deliver trophy.

But this Belgium team is not a complete team the so called golden generation is purely hoopla. If you understand how football work, you will consider Belgium as one of the very good team but unless they get very lucky they won't win the big prize. England on the other hand is a complete team and will be contender in the next wc. 

This Belgian team showed more in this Euro against Italy in comparison to England and they won against England in the last World Cup first in the group stage 1:0 and then later on 2:0, they are not that much worse than England.

2 hours ago, Autonomous Cat said:

You talking about me? I might of got the wrong end of the stick here so correct me if I am wrong but it does seem as if you are implying i am racsit?

Sorry about my poor spelling when I joined up I didn't realise spelling was a priority but I am borderline dyslexic I rely heavily on auto correct and sometimes I don't get words correct enough for it to be able to figure out what I am trying to type.

I can take banter and jokes about it but please don't think it's OK just to point out spelling mistakes to try to make a stupid point to try to win an argument you don't know why people maybe making those mistakes. I won't be bullied about it.

If this is the sort of people I can expect on this site then maybe it isn't the site for me. Sorry again if I've got the wrong end of the stick I would like a bit of clairty.

I am not denying racism exists but I am strongly and categorically denying england is Institutionally racist. After growing up in England and moving to a country that does suffer woth institutional racism I can tell you there is a huge difference between the minority of the UK and the fascism proudly displayed in other countries

Blimey. Don't worry about it Autonomous Cat. You're new on here and just expressing your opinion. No dramas.

If you really want to dive head first in to the deep end of the Shed End swimming pool of controversy try saying something like Jorginho can't shoot or run. That usually works on here.

18 minutes ago, just said:

If you really want to dive head first in to the deep end of the Shed End swimming pool of controversy try saying something like Jorginho can't shoot or run. That usually works on here.

Can you please leave @Gol15 alone for one day!

2 hours ago, just said:

Blimey. Don't worry about it Autonomous Cat. You're new on here and just expressing your opinion. No dramas.

I am not sure I want to stick around, at first that strider6 bloke seemed quite nice and then within about an hour and half I think like I'm getting attacked. Most people seem ok I think unless I am talked too I might just stay quiet for a little bit. If that bloke seems like a single case then I might stick around but at the moment this seems like a bit like the talk chelsea forum

I don't under stannd why sometimes we seem to have the most toxic fans that seem to attack each other online instead of spurs scum

14 minutes ago, Autonomous Cat said:

I am not sure I want to stick around, at first that strider6 bloke seemed quite nice and then within about an hour and half I think like I'm getting attacked. Most people seem ok I think unless I am talked too I might just stay quiet for a little bit. If that bloke seems like a single case then I might stick around but at the moment this seems like a bit like the talk chelsea forum

I don't under stannd why sometimes we seem to have the most toxic fans that seem to attack each other online instead of spurs scum

You got 4 likes just a couple of posts back, bear with it IMO.

Some will knock your posts others will like them, just say what you think and word it the best you can and see what happens.

As long as you can argue your points, you won't lose.

You won't see me much on the Random Chat Cat thread though, would never harm an animal (except maybe wasps, mosquitos and flies)  though have no pets.

3 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

You got 4 likes just a couple of posts back, bear with it IMO.

Some will knock your posts others will like them, just say what you think and word it the best you can and see what happens.

As long as you can argue your points, you won't lose.

You won't see me much on the Random Chat Cat thread though, would never harm an animal (except maybe wasps, mosquitos and flies)  though have no pets.

Thanks, I don't know if you ate the official welcoming committee or not but you seem quite decent.

As to the rest Idc about flies but mosquito and wasps can simply f**k off. I sh*t myself with wasps and mosquitos get on my tits.

If I Do not bother sticking around I would like to thank you personally for welcoming me

19 minutes ago, Autonomous Cat said:

Ah, we're not such bad bunch on here Autonomous. You just have to know what you can and can't say to people.

For example, you can't say anything to Gol 15 against Jorginho, (they're related). You can't say anything to me against Ngolo Kante, (we're related). You can't say anything against Carlo Cudicini to Val, (she wants to be closely related). And can't say anything against cats to Munkworth (particularly cats wearing socks).

And never, NEVER sneak up behind Nibs and shout "Mikel"!

1 minute ago, just said:

Ah, we're not such bad bunch on here Autonomous. You just have to know what you can and can't say to people.

For example, you can't say anything to Gol 15 against Jorginho, (they're related). You can't say anything to me against Ngolo Kante, (we're related). You can't say anything against Carlo Cudicini to Val, (she wants to be closely related). And can't say anything against cats to Munkworth (particularly cats wearing socks).

And never, NEVER sneak up behind Nibs and shout "Mikel"!

Jorginho can be hit and miss but when he is hit he is world class. If anyone ever said anything negative about NG they need a slap, CC was and is a legend and I can not be convinced against it. Cats if not is all of our life's they should be. You are the second person to talk about socks. I guess it is an inside joke? I will take your word not to be sneaky around nibs and mikel. Thank you for the advice

3 hours ago, Gol15 said:

This Belgian team showed more in this Euro against Italy in comparison to England and they won against England in the last World Cup first in the group stage 1:0 and then later on 2:0, they are not that much worse than England.

I think we would have beaten Belgium this time, Lukaku we could have handled though Hazard junior's belter might have caught us out too, never knew he had that in the locker.

22 minutes ago, Autonomous Cat said:

You have been around on the forum for approximately 3 seconds. Your sample size is single digits. And with one contrary post, you feel you are being "attacked"? And you wonder whether the entire forum is out to attack you?

Bizarre. At least spend some time on the forum to understand it.

BTW, for someone who feels so strongly about how people should be treated, your initial post was dismissive of many lived experiences in the UK about racism. Several studies and reports discuss the systemic racism in England which makes it more difficult for ethnic minorities to get access to healthcare, housing, even employment. For example, https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/27/structural-racism-led-to-worse-covid-impact-on-bame-groups-report

People do not claim institutional racism because of the abuse Saka and others got. If you really think so, you probably need to take a step back and understand what institutional racism even means. All the incidents during the Euros have highlighted what is a far deeper issue in English society. Just the fact that a section of the crowd can boo a group of players protesting their lived discrimination in full support from MPs is symptomatic of this issue. Also, this 1% of the English population is almost half a million people in case you didn't realize.

Don't be surprised if you use strong, contrarian language and expect strong contrarian language in return.

I'm also curious, which is this country you now live in?

5 hours ago, Autonomous Cat said:

You talking about me? I might of got the wrong end of the stick here so correct me if I am wrong but it does seem as if you are implying i am racsit?

Sorry about my poor spelling when I joined up I didn't realise spelling was a priority but I am borderline dyslexic I rely heavily on auto correct and sometimes I don't get words correct enough for it to be able to figure out what I am trying to type.

I can take banter and jokes about it but please don't think it's OK just to point out spelling mistakes to try to make a stupid point to try to win an argument you don't know why people maybe making those mistakes. I won't be bullied about it.

If this is the sort of people I can expect on this site then maybe it isn't the site for me. Sorry again if I've got the wrong end of the stick I would like a bit of clairty.

I am not denying racism exists but I am strongly and categorically denying england is Institutionally racist. After growing up in England and moving to a country that does suffer woth institutional racism I can tell you there is a huge difference between the minority of the UK and the fascism proudly displayed in other countries

I really shouldn't be taking the piss out of anybody's spelling, and I was also tripped up by autocorrect in my own very brief post, but when you sign up to a forum and one of your first posts includes a denial of the existence of institutional racism in England, then it will tend to set alarm bells ringing. There was another poster here until recently with terrible spelling that used to say similar things. He's banned now, again, I think.

7 minutes ago, ashwin said:

You have been around on the forum for approximately 3 seconds. Your sample size is single digits. And with one contrary post, you feel you are being "attacked"? And you wonder whether the entire forum is out to attack you?

Bizarre. At least spend some time on the forum to understand it.

BTW, for someone who feels so strongly about how people should be treated, your initial post was dismissive of many lived experiences in the UK about racism. Several studies and reports discuss the systemic racism in England which makes it more difficult for ethnic minorities to get access to healthcare, housing, even employment. For example, https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/27/structural-racism-led-to-worse-covid-impact-on-bame-groups-report

People do not claim institutional racism because of the abuse Saka and others got. If you really think so, you probably need to take a step back and understand what institutional racism even means. All the incidents during the Euros have highlighted what is a far deeper issue in English society. Just the fact that a section of the crowd can boo a group of players protesting their lived discrimination in full support from MPs is symptomatic of this issue. Also, this 1% of the English population is almost half a million people in case you didn't realize.

Don't be surprised if you use strong, contrarian language and expect strong contrarian language in return.

I'm also curious, which is this country you now live in?

I live in southern Italy, I have been racially subjected at nearly every turn I make in this country but I have grinned and beared it. There is a lot of good people here but in my province local politicians have openy said all immigrants are not worthy of breathing our air. So dont preach to me about discrimation. What country do you live in? With such strong and blind views about the English public I doubt you have ever stepped foot there. 

As for me feeling attacked I made an innocent and honest comment and within minutes I got accused of being racist. If you could ve arsed to look at my posts you would see I am not dismissive I just strongly disagree there is a systematic racial inequality about the countrybi grew up in. I have travveld length and breath of the UK and I have seen forst hand how welcomeing everyone I have met is, despite anyone's upbringing. It is one of the most culturey inclusive places in the world. So do not attack the english people because you have heard about few biggots. These are present in every single country of the world and I would argue atleast 15% of the worlds population. This is somethingbi feel strongly about. I am well travelled and I have seen cornersbof the world that you could probably only dream off and not one single group of people I have accounted has been more hospitable. Maybe the good people of Sri Lanka comes close. But don't you dare tar british people under the same brish.  That itself is racsit. Take a good look at yourself before you charge on other peoples back

5 minutes ago, bluedave said:

I really shouldn't be taking the piss out of anybody's spelling, and I was also tripped up by autocorrect in my own very brief post, but when you sign up to a forum and one of your first posts includes a denial of the existence of institutional racism in England, then it will tend to set alarm bells ringing. There was another poster here until recently with terrible spelling that used to say similar things. He's banned now, again, I think.

Well I am not this person, and I strongly disagree that there is institutional racism in England and  if peiple are getting banned for thinking that then I definitely don't belong here. Apart from jumping on a social media badwaggon what makes you think this? Do you fully understand what institutional racism is? Maybe try to boarden your own limitations before you criticise a whole nations way of life. The fact that you haven't denied implying that you think I am a racist means that is what you meant from your original response.

God knows what the admin on here is doing but looking at your profile you have been here for years and if this is how you have always treat newcomers then you can all do one

10 minutes ago, Autonomous Cat said:

I live in southern Italy, I have been racially subjected at nearly every turn I make in this country but I have grinned and beared it.

Welcome, around here everyone is a fan of cats regardless of origin and fur color scheme so don't worry.

Cats Reaction GIF

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Welcome, around here everyone is a fan of cats regardless of origin and fur color scheme so don't worry.

Cats Reaction GIF

Shame this seemed like a good site, too many assholes on here for my liking. Thanks anyway

1 minute ago, Autonomous Cat said:

Shame this seemed like a good site, too many assholes on here for my liking. Thanks anyway

They even let those horrible skates from so Port Sea Island in here. Those mods have a lot to answer for! 

59 minutes ago, Autonomous Cat said:

I am well travelled and I have seen cornersbof the world that you could probably only dream off and not one single group of people I have accounted has been more hospitable.

1 hour ago, Autonomous Cat said:

I have travveld length and breath of the UK and I have seen forst hand how welcomeing everyone I have met is, despite anyone's upbringing

Ok 😂

Could this feeling of great welcome, by some outlandish chance, be because you were British?

1 minute ago, ashwin said:

Ok 😂

Could this feeling of great welcome, by some outlandish chance, be because you were British?

He may have been from Southampton (he is 100% from Southampton) which so wouldn’t have been accepted as British by the rest of the country for obvious reasons.  

16 hours ago, ashwin said:

Ok 🙂 Southgate is the best manager ever, England had the most difficult draw ever, England have the best fans ever and everyone has an agenda against England. You've convinced me.

Absolutely no substance to the criticism that either the fans or the manager are getting. And certainly not worth a nuanced discussion.

France didn't even win anything in 2016. And I have no idea where you got this set of match ups. France had a tough route to the 2018 World Cup that included Argentina, Uruguay, Belgium and a prime Croatia. But of course, not even close to as difficult as England's matches during 2018 and 2021.

Most of international manager are average. 

Imagine if there is a rumor that Chelsea will hirr Mancini or Southgate as their new manager , the outrage from our fans will be crazy. 

Edited by Bob stark