Other Teams?

Gem
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

We're all (well most of us, including Rob) Chelsea fans first and foremost here, but do you have a team you 'casually' support? Or just look out for their results? Maybe in La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1 etc.. Or in the Championship or other English divisions?

I've followed Espanyol's progress for 5 or so years now as in Spain they are our local team [either them or Barca 1064.gif ] and was gutted when they lost in the UEFA cup final last season. Also have a soft spot for Charlton, so always look out for their results.

Do you want all of us to share impressions every week? Ok.........

Due to the fact that Russian TV have bought rights to translate Serie A I`ve already enjoyed Juventus` impressive start with Ranieri in charge hammering Livorno 5-1, Trezeguet has made a hattrick and looked very impressive alongside Iaquinta and Nedved was great too, amazing player for me.......

Milan did his job well too, beating Genoa away 3-0 , Kaka is,as usually, on fire!!

I`m really impressed with Bayern`s start - new signings Klose, Toni, Altintop plus Schweinsteiger and Podolski, I would like to see Chelsea - Bayern this year again, but they are playing UEFA Cup, funny indeed icon_lol.gif

And also I`m happy for my favourite La Liga team - Sevilla, who was beating Getafe 4-1, Kerzhakov has scored 4th, I`m wishing him to get into form as soon as possible and hopefully be ready for EC-2008 qualifiers in September...

Who`s next? icon_wink.gif

After Chelsea then Rangers;

Italy - Milan (Baresi/Maldini)

Ger. - Leverkusen (several Americans have played there)

Spain - Madrid (cause I hate Barca!)

Arge - River (Crespo,Ortega,Salas)

Mexico - Club America

US - Chicago Fire (Stiochkov)

10.jpg

For me it tends to be more that I look out for teams who have particular players that I am impressed by. For example in the days of playing Luca, Ravanelli and Del Piero up front I used to very much enjoy watching Juve play but now I take pleasure in seeing them lose.

In Italy I look out for Genoa and Sampdoria's results purely because I worked in Genoa for a year so got to know quite a few local people who supported both teams (although most people who conisdered themselves truly Genoese would support Genoa rather than Samnpdoria.

In the 80s I would always look out for the Bordeaux score because I rated Tigana so highly - for me he was a better player than Platini although I doubt many would agree. That French midfield of Tigana, Platini, Giresse and Fernandez was something very very special!

German football has never appealed to me so much - can't say I have ever really had any specific interest in any one team in it.

Spain - going by my previous statemnt that it was more about who was playing for them I suppose it has oscillated between the big two over the years. Not so much that I cared if they won or lost, more that I enjoyed watching them play. Certainly in the 90s I would say Barcelona more than Real, and then it swung back to Real although, somewhat conversely, I liked Real to lose as although they had key players I enjoyed watching, I hated what the club as a whole were doing.

Chelsea

Portsmouth (Nan used to live 200 yds from Fratton Park and had a Pub just round the corner too)

Rangers (My late father in law who was a top top bloke was Glasgow born and bred and a mad 'Gers fan)

Alloa Athletic (not really sure why)

Rangers , naturally.

Also i look out for Crystal Palace, originating from Croydon as i do its always been my families team so i have to admit a soft spot for them, ive been to Selhurst many many times and its always utterley f**king sh*te

Rangers , naturally.

Also i look out for Crystal Palace, originating from Croydon as i do its always been my families team so i have to admit a soft spot for them, ive been to Selhurst many many times and its always utterley f*****g sh*t

Yeah the area around SP isn't the best icon_lol.gif

Guest Brian M
Probably never live this down, but I have to admit it:

Millwall

You're right. Bunch of thugs who deserve to play against L**ds every week.