• Malouda
    • Essien
    • Lampard
    • Sidwell
    • Kalou
    • Drogba
    • Pizzaro
    • SWP

I gave mine to Belletti. Cole was really good too but I just can't stand his whining. He's almost worse than Mourinho. Everytime he goes down he cries like a baby even though the tackle might have been fair. It's okay to argue a bit to show the ref that you clearly disagree but don't do it all the time and leave it to JT (as captain he's the one who should complain a bit).

Am I the only one who thought that Joe Cole just took stupid shots, when he could have passed, and did absolutely nothing to create a play for a goal? For me he was a disaster. Unless we all got used to this boring, match with no passing, game with no creativity what so ever, play we've been playing for the last year and a half? If that's the case, and we have no expectations what so ever of our playmakers actually making any plays (cough: Essien and Mikel), then fine.

Anyway, Belletti for me.

Am I the only one who thought that Joe Cole just took stupid shots, when he could have passed, and did absolutely nothing to create a play for a goal? For me he was a disaster. Unless we all got used to this boring, match with no passing, game with no creativity what so ever, play we've been playing for the last year and a half? If that's the case, and we have no expectations what so ever of our playmakers actually making any plays (cough: Essien and Mikel), then fine.

Anyway, Belletti for me.

i think you have some point- we don't have a great passing side even with lampard in it, but the best thing about joe's performance today was that he was trying to make passes from the right AREA. It wasn't just: big defender wins ball, ball is pushed out wide, cross, repeat. And it wasn't these impossible passes from the half way line for the strikers- we need joe in the lineup to play in between the lines, i think if there was a player who didn't belong today it was kalou- he was in the right place once in the entire game- when he scored..

Shut up you idiots always blaming the f**king players..........what about the silly w**ker ref ????? If we had got that goal you would not be saying any of this. Scheva isnt sh*t he was just up against a good goalie. Only once did I hear a strong 'the ref's a w**ker' chant ONLY ONCE !!!!! You should have been singing it until he left the pitch because thats what this biased w**kers deserve and I only wish I still lived in London and could go to the games because all fo you need to take your blinkers off and realise what jose can only see is that we are getting taken for a bunch of MUGS ! game after game after game

"It was so obvious but I cannot understand it. If the linesman wants to explain, then maybe it would be a good thing.

"I told the linesman I would be waiting for his phone call to apologise.

"The game is over and we lost two points. I have only good things to say about my players. A team without big ammunition, without the two target strikers, Didier Drogba and Claudio Pizarro.

"A team without a top scorer like Frank Lampard and without that kind of ammunition the team still played well against a team that fought a lot to keep a clean sheet and go home with a point.

"Blackburn are a team I respect because they fought a lot. But Chelsea were the best team, my players were brave and we scored a great goal."

Back the Gaf and stop talking sh*t about the players, we were mugged, our team played like lions out there today and they were mugged think how they feel and all you lot can do is talk about who was the best and worst player !!!!!!!! WAKE THE f**k UP BLUES

back 2 back KEEP THE FAITH

I couldn't get a stream to save my life, so watched the game on the radio again. Well not really, because the radio is actually in the other room, but with all the doors open, I could hear it quite plainly. But anyway. I was going to give the sympathy vote to Sheva but didn't because somebody already beat me to it. So I didn't. Vote, that is.

Anyway, Belletti for me.

Belletti for me too.

And Joe Cole was needed as he was the one player who could play in between the lines and provide something different. Downside? Tried to be too much of a show pony at times at the end, tired as the game went on and took silly shots which came to nothing.

Kalou also offered no real threat either never in the right place until the goal which even he couldn't miss!

Essien is not a playmaker in my view - not in the way most people envisage one. Neither is Mikel actually.

Anyway, Belletti for me.

i think you have some point- we don't have a great passing side even with lampard in it, but the best thing about joe's performance today was that he was trying to make passes from the right AREA. It wasn't just: big defender wins ball, ball is pushed out wide, cross, repeat. And it wasn't these impossible passes from the half way line for the strikers- we need joe in the lineup to play in between the lines, i think if there was a player who didn't belong today it was kalou- he was in the right place once in the entire game- when he scored..

I am sure G4 would whole-heartedly disagree. Firstly it's accepted knowledge that Joe doesn't have the range of passing to make that difference, and secondly he doesn't have the footballing brain to operate effectively through the middle. His best position, as has been stated on numerous occaisions, is definately out wide left where he can cut inside on to his right foot.

Anyway, Belletti for me.

Belletti for me too.

And Joe Cole was needed as he was the one player who could play in between the lines and provide something different. Downside? Tried to be too much of a show pony at times at the end, tired as the game went on and took silly shots which came to nothing.

Kalou also offered no real threat either never in the right place until the goal which even he couldn't miss!

Essien is not a playmaker in my view - not in the way most people envisage one. Neither is Mikel actually.

Yes! You're my hero! 128.gif I thought it was just me. icon_lol.gif

Anyway, Belletti for me.

I am sure G4 would whole-heartedly disagree. Firstly it's accepted knowledge that Joe doesn't have the range of passing to make that difference, and secondly he doesn't have the footballing brain to operate effectively through the middle. His best position, as has been stated on numerous occaisions, is definately out wide left where he can cut inside on to his right foot.

absolutely right just- as it has been all his career.

and to clarify- he doesn't have the football brain to operate behind the strikers*- he can and has in the past done a good job as a central midfielder, but it clips him of his best asset. also, I would say wide right is his best, because his crossing has improved and the best games of his career have come there.

*i.e. he doesn't have the football brain of kaka or deco. disagree?

I voted for Belleti, but in truth JC probably a bit more overall influence on the game. Soccer is very old fashioned in not allowing video evidence for these offside decisions, must the only major sport in the world that doesnt use them. Rugby league, union, tennis, gridiron, cricket all allow video evidence.

Beletti as he did a good job going forward and defending.

Joe Cole only going forward!

To the rather angry Chelseax - the referee got a lot of stick at the match though the atmosphere wasn't great in general. I'm not sure giving the referee more hassle would have changed the result much and yes you can blame the referee for costing us a goal. But I'm afraid to not score a second goal at home against a good but not top 4 team is the players fault not the refs. We shouldn't be grinding out 1-0 wins at home every week.

Anyway - plenty of time...

Archived