Why so quiet?

loz

After the very disappointing performance and result in the Carling Cup we were swamped with posts about the game and what went wrong. Today we put in a cracking performance and there was a lot to be happy about and yet relatively speaking the number of posts is negligible.

Do we really have posters who secretly want us to fail so that they can come on and bad mouth Grant or are people just too churlish to acknowledge when credit is due?

Yes, of course. I myself is the head of a group called "Grant Is Terrible" - G.I.T.

We keep quite when things are well but as soon as we lose points we scream out loud about Grant being inept, stupid, ugly, fat etc.

We will stop at nothing to get rid of AG. We will even poison the players so that we lose big games so that Avram get's more criticism.

Away with you, even demon from Israel!

Away with you, spawn of Benitez!

Away with you, Uncle Fester!

Am I making myself clear?

jester.gif

Ok. I can't speak for anyone else, but I can honestly say that I've never wanted Chelsea to lose. One thing that bugs me about last week though, and that's the number of times I've heard people say "but it was only one game ... these Chelsea fans, they lose one game and they're calling for the manager's head".

Well it wasn't "only one game". It was the latest in a series of disappointing results and poor, uninspiring (to put it mildly) performances.

And this particular game, as I'm sure I don't need to remind you, was a Cup Final against T*tt*nh*m, a game that I and countless other Chelsea fans had waited 41 years for, a chance for revenge for the '67 FA Cup Final. And what happened? Grant leaves Joe Cole on the bench, playes Anelka out of position, and basically f**ks things up big time.

So today we beat a poor West Ham side 4-0. You know the old saying, One Swallow does not make a Summer? I don't know about that. One swallow started Linda Lovelace on an entire career. But anwyay, remember what happened after we beat Man City 6-90? Wow entertaining football, this is what we want to see. At last we can put the caution of the Mourinho era behind us.

Didn't quite turn out like that, did it?

I tried to add an edit but the Edit Button seems to have disappeared.

Anyway. I think there's also a feeling that the Premiership title may be beyond us, whereas the Carling Cup was there to be won. Not quite by rights, but we were justifiably odds on favourites. Not forgetting the obvious, which is that losing to T*tt*nh*m in another Cup Final hurts like hell.

Odd - I can still see it but then I have different access rights. Anyone else have this problem?

Odd - I can still see it but then I have different access rights. Anyone else have this problem?

OK I know why. We had a spamming issue recently which was cused by our 'edit post' settings - to stop it happening again the settings were changed so that you could only edit a post for 3 minutes after you first post it - I have just extended that to 20 minutes.

Sorry for the confusion.

So that's where it went. As long as I know, that's fine. What happened was, I went back to edit out a typo in the first post, pressed Submit and then had the afterthought about different levels of expectation for Premiership and Carling Cup Final.

You could say the real explanation is that I think too much.

I take your point Lofty and I'm sure you realise that I do not treat a cup final against Spurs as just any other game however I would point out that humiliating West ham should not just be treated as any other game either. What is football if we don't indulge in a result like today. This wasn't a routine win against a Coventry or a Wigan. This was being 3 up against West Ham after a quarter of the game, having a man harshly sent off and still going on to extend the scoreline!

Lets get back to basics and enjoy thumping West Ham in the way Chelsea fans should. For one day forget about whether or not we will win the league, forget about any other result (we have had a lot of good ones), forget about other performances - just laugh at turning over West Ham!! If we can't whole heartedly enjoy that anymore then we have surrendered to the modern day idea of football in the same way the FA has when it sells off kick off times to the highest bidder!

To me we're back again to the last months of the JM reign with infighting and a lot of backstabbing. RA needs to take charge and lay down the law, it's his club he needs to weed out the moles, and then appoint a real manager and let him get on with it failing that he should give the club to some who loves it and is prepared to make it a club of the fans again instead of the Russian Circus it is today. Expect performing bears selling programmes any time soon.

OK, we played well first half, but I give the credit for that to the players who were obviously trying to restore some self respect rather than the manager.

Watching MOTD last night, I actually saw Grant grinning when we scored our 3rd or 4th goal, as if he'd already forgotten about last weeks game. Well, I've got news for you Grant, you incompetent tosser - you and the JCL's may have forgotten it, but most of us older fans haven't! You humiliated us in the worst possible way, by f*cking up big-time against our most hated rivals in a Cup Final - for that I'll never forgive you, no matter what you do from now on.

Some fans need to get things in perspective - thrashing a sub-standard Wet Spam is no great achievement, more of a players reaction to last weeks debacle. The recent poor results and pathetic performances can't be conveniently swept under the carpet after just one good result. Some people are already saying that they'll respect Grant more if we beat Olympiacos this week. Olympiacos???? They're the weakest team left in the competition and we struggled to get a draw against them in Athens - even if we win this Wednesday, it's no great achievement ffs!

I only made this post in reply to Loz's challenge - so all you Grant supporters/apologists, don't bother answering my post - I don't care what you think, and no matter what you say or think you certainly won't change my mind about Grant.

One more thing - I will never want Chelsea to fail! No matter who is manager, it's still my Chelsea. Grant is useless, but so were Blanchflower, Shellito, Hurst and Porterfield - I still went to most games home and away even when we were struggling in the old second division, so I'm hardly likely to want us to fail just because Abramovich has appointed his lap-dog. Chelsea come before any individuals, and always will.

Grant’s record of 3 defeats from 36 matches disguise the worrying fact. His results in big matches are very modest, with no wins in three league matches against Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool and a defeat in his first cup final. All 4 performances were totally inapt.

Loved the victory yesterday, but i will be much happier when Grant beats Fergy, Wenger, Benitez, Ramos and O'Neil.

I find it a little sad that we in a state where we have been spoil by success so much that we no longer get childish joy out of mocking West Ham - the bloody pikeys for christ's sake. Sure I want us to beat Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc but I still love turning West Ham over!

The footballing authorities and a lot of the people now involved in the sport are making the game more and more joyless for the long standing football fan - but if we no longer get much pleasure out of going away to one of our London rivals and annihilating them in front of their own fans then we are contributing to that joylessness!

When we were a mid table/lower half/relegation battlers/out of the top flight we would have crowed about this result irrespective of whether we got thumped the week before or suspected we would get thumped the next week. Now that we have had three consecutive successful seasons it is treated as a routine thing and nobody seems that pleased by it.

I care a lot about the CC result, it bothers me a lot the way we have been playing, and I am nervous as hell about Utd and Arsenal coming to the Bridge but for now I am getting a lot of pleasure about the fact we thrashed West Ham and Idon't care if they are now considered an average side. They are an average side currently sitting 8 points above Tottenham, who recently beat Liverpool and not that long ago beat Utd - they are no pushovers like say Derby.

This is not me saying - the CC final is forgotten because of this one game, it is just me saying that if, as Chelsea fans, we can't get much enthusiasm going abot tonking West ham then why bother at all?

Loved the victory yesterday, but i will be much happier when Grant beats Fergy, Wenger, Benitez, Ramos and O'Neil.

Hope you've got a lot of time on your hands, coco, you're gonna have a f*ckin' long wait icon_lol.gif

Well not Ramos he won't - just pick up a back dated Sunday paper from January 13th!!

Loz, i know im being lazy, but my answer to your question can be found in Bluebeards cracking post above.

My nan could beat West Ham with our squad, so im sure as hell not getting excited. Still as you say ANY win over the pikeys is cause for celebration, a 4-0 away win is a great result (i was there when they beat us 4-0 at SB in 86 when we had the mother of all easters) and will drink to it today ! (well, any excuse!)

Then maybe Alex ferguson should be appointing your nan as his assistant manager!

However you have got the thrust of my point - it is not so much about getting excited about the result but just bloody enjoying it. I see little evidence of that on here.

Then maybe Alex ferguson should be appointing your nan as his assistant manager!

However you have got the thrust of my point - it is not so much about getting excited about the result but just bloody enjoying it. I see little evidence of that on here.

You're right, it was a good result, but.....I can't speak for anyone else, but I find it impossible to get excited about a league match against the pikeys when I'm still hurting so much from the Wembley f*ck-up - and I hate West Ham with a passion, always have.

After the very disappointing performance and result in the Carling Cup we were swamped with posts about the game and what went wrong. Today we put in a cracking performance and there was a lot to be happy about and yet relatively speaking the number of posts is negligible.

Do we really have posters who secretly want us to fail so that they can come on and bad mouth Grant or are people just too churlish to acknowledge when credit is due?

Come on Loz. No-one is saying we are never going to win a game under Grant or reach a final (obviously) or play well in any particular match. We are saying that he lacks that final touch to take us from nearly men to winners. Claudio wasn't the clown manager some portray. He was a good man doing a good job but he couldn't quite take us that key extra step. Avram falls in to the same category (although I don't actually rate him anywhere near as highly as Ranieri).

That's where the frustration lies. Once you have tasted champagne you don't want to go back to pomagne!

That's where the frustration lies. Once you have tasted champagne you don't want to go back to pomagne!

Take that mindset to its logical conclusion and in 15 years time we will be no better than Tottenham fans in terms of still talking about ourself as a big club when the truth might be that we haven't won anything in donkeys. We have been 'pomagners' far more than we have been 'champagners'

You're right, it was a good result, but.....I can't speak for anyone else, but I find it impossible to get excited about a league match against the pikeys when I'm still hurting so much from the Wembley f*ck-up - and I hate West Ham with a passion, always have.

Exactly how i feel.

Obviously I'm well happy about the result yesterday and I'm not gonna make excuses for being happy a week after I was gutted at losing the CC final to poxy Spurs,

I'm happy about the result, happy about the response from theplayers, happy about the changes the manager made and the tactics, happy with the substitutions, happy about the fact that after an unreasonable refereeing decision left us with ten men, we played for another hour not only without conceding but we scored another goal,

Happy to see Grant smile when we were three up, I dont feel he should be in mourning over losing the Carling Cup, he done well to get us there and then made mistakes, he (like us) has to look forward, and he done that from last Monday when instead of going to Israel to carruy on his quest for those oh so importent Coaching Badges he stayed and contemplated his choices for this weekend,

Not happy about the sending off, not happy about the dissalowed goal, not happy about the way again when we beat a team well they are spoken about as if they are Dagenham and Redbridge,

West Ham have got about twenty points more now than at this stage last season and are an improving side, they gave us a hard time at the Bridge and have given hard times to the other top teams this season,

The worst part of losing last week was the fact that it was against them, I had tears in my Eight year old eyes in 67 when we lost to them in the last Final meeting and have waited for revenge ever since,

I wont though let that confuse me in the bigger picture, it does,nt matter if Grant proves himself and keeps his Job or if he just keeps us steady and moves upstairs so spitter (please no) or another high profile name can come in and appease the anti Grant brigade,

What matters is Chelsea keep there standing as a very good team while we wait and see, we done that yeaterday and if we can carry on annoying the top two while having a decent run in the other competitions the season can still be an enjoyable one,

I for one am enjoying it.

Well done to the manager and the players for putting last week behind them and getting back to winning ways,

Pikeys, Bubbles and Burst springs to mind icon_wink.gif

Archived