have you ever watched a match sat in the opposition

mudasar

Palace away in the cup at Selhurst park. No worries.

Arsenal away, stood on the clock end and we were 2-0 up. They must have known we were Chelsea, cos when they turned it round and made it 3-2 they were grabbing us and jumping all over us (me and my dad).

Millwall away at the old Den, went with a few of dad's mate's who are were Millwall. I doubt there's many who have done this, or there's not many that have lived to tell the tale.

Brugge away - even got up for the 10 men went to mo and there were a few of us scattered around their main stand who all started clapping each other, we even got a bit of an ovation for that one from the main group of Chelsea fans away to our left.

ive been to quite a lot. my dad gets season tickets from a company he buys lots of gear of. sat amongst wigan fans, sunderland fans, boro fans, blackburn fans. didnt really enjoy it though. worst was when carlo saved a kevin phillips pen at sunderland late on. thier fans were all holding their head in their hands whilst my dad just shouted "f**kING GET IN CARLO!" i thought we were gonna get murdered. luckily were both fairly big lads and didnt get too much hassle. was funny at wigan when lamps scored his second. bloke next to me says "cant stand that fat git" he was about 20 stone so i replied "yeah, i bet he wishes he was as svelte and fit as you, you porky moron" ive stopped going now though because i just cant keep my gob shut, and i will get in trouble eventually.

West Ham (nearly got lynched in the family section)

Fulham (in front of mr and mrs disgusted of Hammersmith - disgusted cos the Chels fans were singing 'whos the w**ker with the drum' to the pratt sitting behind mr and mrs disgusted)

Spuds (kept quiet)

Arse (in the boxes above the home support - really wound them up)

Millwall - never been closer to death - had to leg it after about 20 minutes

Villa - but in a nice big corp box in the corner with mixed support - good laugh

Mid 80s, when my girlfriend - now wife - was working up in North wales I took her to Goodison Park to see us play up there. We could only get seats, but were surrounded by Everton fans up in the old stand where the cameras are. I'm normally pretty good about keeping calm if needed but when Colin Pates scored an injury time equaliser neither of us could control ourselves and we went nuts. People several rows in front started abusing us and threatening us but fortunately we emerged unscathed and the people next to us were great about it, applauding our passion, even though they were gutted.

The scariest moment of my life was in about 1980 when West Ham came to the Bridge and caused mayhem, starting fights all over the ground. (It was the day Graham Wilkins scored a last minute own goal). At the whistle the cops didn't keep the Spammers in the ground but let them out at the same time as the Chelsea fans, and they rampaged up and down the Fulham Rd.

Eventually I made my way to Fulham broadway but in the chaos ended up surrounded by Spammers in the queue and before I knew it I was stuck in a tube carriage with them absolutely crapping myself. I had my scarf on under my jacket and I remember seeing it sticking out as I had my head down. Fortunately they were too busy celebrating both the win and the job they'd done on our fans that they didn't notice me, but if they had I'd have been a statistic.

just wanted to know?

Many times.

Rottenham on a few occaisions, in the 80's. Bolton when we won the title. Leicester away in the drawn cup game of '97, the one that had the fans spilling onto the pitch from the Leicester end because of the fighting.

Though I wasn't in the away ends, my closest near death experiences were at Wet Spam and Birmingham City in the 80's. Actually had to change clothes with a mate at the Spammers game in an effort to avoid being lynched.

just wanted to know?

Many times.

Rottenham on a few occaisions, in the 80's. Bolton when we won the title. Leicester away in the drawn cup game of '97, the one that had the fans spilling onto the pitch from the Leicester end because of the fighting.

Though I wasn't in the away ends, my closest near death experiences were at Wet Spam and Birmingham City in the 80's. Actually had to change clothes with a mate at the Spammers game in an effort to avoid being lynched.

Was that the 5-1 debacle, Just? I was there that night. 1980, I'd guess. Unbelievable trouble inside and outside the ground. At the time we were battling for promotion but they just annihilated us. I think they had Archie Gemmill and frank Worthington in the side, and we had Micky Nutton and Graham Wilkins (sh*t - that's two mentions in one thread of possibly our worst ever player).

That's the one. I remember the comedian Jasper Carrott being on the pitch before the game? Then the game started and I realised we had 11 comedians on the pitch. They creamed us big-time.

Was mental outside. Ambushed on some waste ground with the brummies throwing bricks and concrete at us from all sides. The local constabulary turned up in numbers to restore order and promptly laid into the Chelsea boys with truncheons flying. Ended up running around half of Birmingham. Got separated from my mates, couldn't find my way back and so missed me lift home. Had to catch a train back to London. Got in about 7.00 the next morning.

its just that i have been offered a ticket to watch the manu match but with a away ticket and i hate man u so i didnt think it was safe

Been with the away fans at least twice at Old Trafford. Was there when we won 2-1, coming back from 0-1 and King Kerry scored both goals. Magic night. We were so ecstatic we didn't give a sh*t where we were. Getting out was a bit hairy but we managed unscathed. Oh sweet memories....

Away to Sunderland in 2001. Froze my t*ts off.

My then-husband and I went on a package thing by boat to Newcastle. He got sick on the boat icon_rolleyes.gif but felt better just in time for the match. Right after the start of the 2nd half Carlo stopped a penalty, and guess where I was? Yup, still queing for our drinks icon_twisted.gif But we gave it our all, encouraging Chelsea, much to the bafflement to the SS (as we called the Sunderland supporters) around us icon_lol.gif

Game ended 0-0.

A fair few moons ago now my Dad and I went to the last ever Rous Cup match between England and Scotland at Hampden Park (England won 2-0 and the fixture was canceled after there were running street battles in Glasgow that night between England and Scotland fans).

We were two lonely England fans amongst the Scotland fans but fortunately were in the family enclosure. Right in front of us was an old geezer with a flat cap, a stick and a body so frail he looked like a healthy version of Peter Crouch. England's second goal went in and he turned round and said 'Right, let's dae the English, starting wi' this pair!!' before grinning a gummy grin!

Gave me a right laugh at the time and it was a shame that it turned out to be prophetic (although even Russell Grant could have seen that coming that day)

You don't want to know about all the away ends I've been in - trust me. A couple of times I can tell you about: the 6-0 at Rotherham. I went into their end on my own that day, pissed as a fart trying to do a Glasgow accent, taking the piss left right and centre.

The relegation battle at 3-point lane, from the Shelf to the Park Lane to the Paxton, I was there via the pitch the long way round. Awful bloody day, as has been well documented on numerous occasions.

The Scoreboard End at Old Trafford - not exactly an away end but I was in the middle of 100's of Cockney Reds. Not sure how I ended up there, but I did. We were 2-0 up around 5 minutes from time, which is when I left, but it was 2-2 by the time I got back to Manchester Piccadilly.

Oh and I spent the first half of the 72 FA Cup Final in the Leeds end. And yes I did tell the bar stewards I was Chelsea. To say I was lucky to get out alive isn't much of an understatement - if the Old Bill hadn't let me go up the other end at half time, I doubt very much if I'd be alive now to tell the tale.

All of this took place back in the good old, bad old days of the terraces, of course. So to answer the question: Have I ever sat in the opposition end? Probably not.

Arsenal many times - never a problem

Spurs - got well and truly pasted at half time

Norwich or Naaarch as they say

Villa - adopted a great accent from Dudlaaay

Southampton - was seeing a girl from the area at the time

Apart from Spurs they were all great fun.

loads of times it is very unpleasant.

An Arsenal box a few times and Tottenham boxes (friends invited me).

Coventry away.

Liverfool when we lost 5-0 (really horrid)

Tottenham, Arsenal in the stands (never minded Spurts because we always won and I enjoyed standing up for our goals in front of them).

Everton - friends with tickets who live there.

Zaragoza - went with a private trip and our tickets were not in the away end (thank goodness because the police laid into our fans and I was glad I wasn't there).

like others, I have stood with the opposing fans on many occasions. Millwall, but had to leave at half time, Spurs, West Ham and many times at Arsenal (was always alll Chelsea anyway at Highbury) Villa, Fulham, Charlton and a personal favourite Cambridge.

Archived