Awful News For Boulha

bjd

LAUSANNE, Switzerland:

Netherlands defender Khalid Boulahrouz has lost his prematurely born daughter Anissa, leaving the family and his teammates distraught, the team said Thursday.

"Players and staff of the Dutch team are upset by the death of Anissa, the daughter of Khalid Boulahrouz and his wife Sabia, who was born prematurely," the Dutch soccer federation said in a statement.

The defender was taken away from training Wednesday after his wife was hospitalized with pregnancy complications. She had followed the championships with the other players' partners and girlfriends.

Boulahrouz had started in all three of the Dutch games so far.

The Netherlands plays Russia in the quarterfinals of the European Championship on Saturday.

Just awful for the man :P

That kind of pain doesn't bear thinking about. Whatever happens to that poor family from now until the end of time I hope they have the strength to get through this heartache and then never experience a sad day ever again. They have suffered more than anyone should ever have to.

shows the character of the bloke, we all commended on the loss of lamps and the character he had, losing a child im guessing is even worse at least franks mum lived a full life, fair play i wanted germany to win euro 2008 because of ballack but now i have reason for the netherlands

RIP

Archived