Jimmy Has Left The Building!

glory55

Jimmy-Jimmy-Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has officially retired!

I know he wasn't always the most popular player with some supporters but I absolutely loved the bloke,from start to finish!

Not the most patient,not the biggest team player but at the time Jimmy was what we needed!

What we were always crying out for was a proper goal scorer,he was exactely that!

I had watched him play for Le*ds with envy,I still dont think I have ever seen a player score so many long range efforts,often catching opposition keepers completely by surprise!!

We had replaced the terrible £10m signing of Chris Sutton with a 15m player who would actually score goals,I was delighted when I heard the news!

Some of my favourite Jimmy moments.....

......Can you remember these????

His opening goal against M*n Utd (at Old Trafford) in Ranieri's first league game........Chest to volley,SCREAMER!!!

The two goals he scored at Anfield on the last away of a very dissapointing 2000-2001 season,brilliant!!!

His goal in the 2-0 Charity sheild defeated of Man Utd,we were so good that day I thought we would win the league :lol:

His perfect (left,right and header) hat-trick against Sp*rs in the league!!!

4 goals against Coventry City at the bridge!!!

The goal against Besiktas in Gelsenkirchen (how-ever the f**k you spell it)

A brilliant free kick against Sp*rs in the first leg of the then Worthington cup.

An amazing turn and powerfull shot from outside the area at Highbury in the FA cup 00-01,even though we went down (3-1 I think) we went mad in the clock end that day!!

Another great goal against Sp*rs in the league this time in the pouring rain,about 35 yards out,a real daisy cutting shot,we won 3-0 at the bridge!!

Great memories and mamories (he was carrying a bit of weight in those days)

What a re your JFH moments???

The perfect hattrick against sp**s for me. I also liked his non-celebration of the goal against us at Stamford Bridge.

I loved Jimmy too for the reasons you have given and of course for the bulging eyes, the wavy arms and the biggest a rse in world football. He also brought the best out of Just on this forum. There's a brilliant summary of his career on The Shed End Fansite.

:lol:

Decent compilation, worst accompanying song EVER!

I actually didn't even watch it before I posted, so I gotta agree with that sentiment. And as well as some horrible music, the editing was pretty sloppy, to be honest. I thought it was another compilation. Should've checked it before posting.

Goal he scored against us for Charlton, when he refused to celebrate and we spontaneously applauded.

and his partnership with Eidur,

and the perfect hatrick

there is a dvd I think of all his Chelsea goals, (Or I might have seen it on Chelsea TV) it is a grea tbit of viewing some wonderful and important goals... he was a great goal scorer and provider.

Oh Jimmy Jimmy !

Jimmy is a legend! Apologising when he scored against us a few seasons back.. top fella!

Remember watching Chelsea TV interview when he left us, and he was so gutted!

Now he's retired, let's give this man a job doing something at the Bridge before f**king West Ham grab him!

Jimmy is a legend! Apologising when he scored against us a few seasons back.. top fella!

Remember watching Chelsea TV interview when he left us, and he was so gutted!

Now he's retired, let's give this man a job doing something at the Bridge before f**king West Ham grab him!

Good call, can't have Jimmy sitting down on those substantial buttocks in retirement.

Loved him while he was here and was gutted that he wasn't fully fit for the FA cup final in 02

The spuds hatrick is the obvious choice for best memory but another one is the winner against the dippers in our first PL game after abramovich came.

Ah go on then. Why not for old times sake. Might even get the gay pirate, (who I hear recently changed his name to Captain Fantastic), to turn up for this one.

Favourite Jimmy moment? So many to choose. Probably one from

1. The fantastic diving header up at Newcastle. Carlo never even sniffed it.

2. JT and Marcel giving him the biggest on-pitch bollocking I ever seen against Spurts.

2. The time he spent trying to engineer a move to Barcelona.

3. Going public to the papers saying he had to play in the crucial 2nd leg against Monaco at home. And Ranieri, the plum, actually dropped Crespo and put him in !!! Of course he did nothing the whole game. Unbelievable.

Wish we had more players like him. Would have died for the shirt. He's a ledge.

Just beat me to it...his header againts Newcastle, one of the best own goals I have ever seen.

His volley against the Mancs is a great one, and think it even made the Top 10 Goals Scored Against Man U

Any goal against the dippers, and the perfect hat trick against Spuds.

His goal against Besiktas wasn't that stunning, but it absolutely silenced one of the most hostile crowds I'd ever heard. That game wasn't about Chelsea against Besiktas, it was about Turkey v England.

His link up play with Eideur is one of the best we've had at the club

He was never the complete striker, but I don't think I have ever seen a cleaner striker of the ball than JFH.

Don't think he quite makes it into the "legend" category, but I will personally never forget when he scored against us for Charlton and didn't celebrate - that shows he had some serious respect for the club, and it is only right that we show him the same respect in turn now.

Archived