We officially have an incompetent board

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, Stim said:

People weren't complaining when she got super prices for Ramires, Oscar and the like but now we aren't signing a ton and we aren't allowed to criticise emenalo so on to the next named board member we know.

Yes. She is expected to both parts of her job properly selling and buying. What's so hard to understand.

Would you be glad if your steak came out over done as long as the greens were great?

No one denies, what she`s done and how good he sells somes.

But selling Chalobah, Traore, Ake and i will put Solanke in that list, cause he leave because of salary issue, and he is working there as well, we sell/lose this 4 players for less then 35m.
And we will probably give 40m. for Drinkwater and 15 more for Llorente, cause we desperate thanks to her, waiting that much, how is that good business?????
We was better losing Chalobah on free next year, then sell him for 5m now and give 40m. for Drinkwater.

Why not tell for how much we sell Lukaku and De Bruyne and for how much after that they was sell for 5x the price we get for them? They have long contracts with us, why in the blue hell she didn`t just loaned them again ? It was our call, not the players. They are under contract with us. Or atleast put a payback clause.

Jose wanted Matic at all cost, why not atleast try to get someone in exchange like Martial for example ??????

Why we didn`t go for Matiuidi, hes price was just 15m. or Grzegorz Krychowiak, who just join WBA on loan or get Renato Sanchez on loan, Conte wanted him ????

Why chasing this tree Drinkwater and will give a lot of money for him ???

Why we didn`t sort our WB issue a lot earlier?

Barrettinator mention players we could have signed.

And Conte saying i`m not a manager, i`m just a coach. Same s**** Ancelotti said the year he was sacked by this board.

So who will put this players into play, Conte or Emanalo ? Who knows better what the team needed Emanalo or Conte ?

I`m just a coach, not a manager, that tell you the whole picture in the club right now .....

If Conte leaves at the end of the season or early i see dark times coming.

Edited by brakeit

To be fair though, Drinkwater is a decent player and was on the rumoured list of 15 players that Conte had signed off on. So it is fine if we get him the problem is the manner in which the transfers are conducted. 

Leaving everything to the last minute is a recipe for disaster. Now we will have our eyes gouged.

Also, it seems like she tries to get players for what she thinks is their worth without considering the prevailing market conditions. A bit delusional you have to say.

Edited by Orpington_Blue

6 hours ago, mad_mac said:

I think of your 10 really only 7 were first teamers, and I also think Terry and Ivan were subsequently at the end of tehir shelf life.

If you'd have told em we would have added in Morata, Bakayoko, and Rudiger, Brought back Christensen (and lets imagine we sign one more top player) I would have been very happy with that.  I think we are a little light, but I also think we are sending a message that we won't be bullied into paying way over the odds.

The only thing I'd say the board are at fault for is letting players go before we have a replacement.  But, at the same time, if we buy then try sell our sales could be negotiated down as the buying team know that we no longer need that player.  It's the flip side of letting players go then clubs know we are desperate to buy.

Also, if we don't add this summer, but do in the January transfer window, (assuming we haven't been knocked out of the CL at that time) I don't think overall it's too bad.

You overlooked a few things.

We've lost Costa, who's been our first choice striker for the last three seasons. I like Morata, but he's not at that level yet. So it's a temporary downgrade. Hopefully he'll develop into even better player than Costa and he's got ability to do so, but he isn't now. The same with Matic and Bakayoko. Bakayoko is much younger and has probably more upside, but he's not a finished article. Now, if we added Morata and Bakayoko to Costa and Matic, that's a different story and would give us great depth.

We've had no competition for Rudiger. We've got Morata because United pulled out of negotiations with Real and stole Lukaku from under our noses. I prefer Morata to Romelu, but that doesn't change the fact that we once again have missed out. Bakayoko I think has a very good potential, but he isn't there yet. City have managed to sign three (!!!) top quality wingbacks while we were chasing the Juve LB that isn't coming. Two out of three we were definitely interested in. Conte said in an interview he specifically asked for Walker and our haggling over Danilo's price is also well documented. For a team that plays a system that heavily relies on wingbacks this is nothing short of embarrassing.

We have sold/loaned out an incredible amount of players which left the squad in a seriously weakened state. I personally was convinced that it could only mean we've got several top quality players lined up, because otherwise this type of transfer policy starts resembling utter idiocy. But every time you think our board can't do anything more illogical than they've already done, they tend to surprise you. There were no deals lined up and we started the season as is. 19 days later, here we are, still no new players and we're hours away from the end.

Edited by abramovich

18 minutes ago, Gem said:

We may have left it late to boost our squad but there could be numerous factors involved, processes your average fans just aren't aware of. Jesus it's not like we've spent nothing, it's over £100m...!

We have a net spend of about 20mil. If we have "spent" its just to cover for outgoing players (Willy-Bego, Rudi-Jt, Baka-Matic, Morata-Costa). 

If/When we sell Costa we might actually have recouped all the money and some 20mil pounds.

Also, its one thing to lose out on one player, totally another to lose out of Lukaku, Walker, Danilo, Mendy, Sandro, OX etc etc. Shambolic

2 hours ago, Stim said:

People weren't complaining when she got super prices for Ramires, Oscar and the like but now we aren't signing a ton and we aren't allowed to criticise emenalo so on to the next named board member we know.

We praised her when she did well with those deals and we're slating her now that she's f**king up. What's so wrong about that? 

45 minutes ago, Gem said:

We may have left it late to boost our squad but there could be numerous factors involved, processes your average fans just aren't aware of. Jesus it's not like we've spent nothing, it's over £100m...!

One could read this comment and think this was an Everton fan talking. Everyone knew we needed to spend far more than £100m to improve both the squad and the first team. You say we spent £100m, how much do you think we've made in sales? Almost £120m. And that's not factoring in the £153m from winning the league PLUS the £100m from Nike and Yokohama. We didn't even need to get a single penny from Roman to do the right business this summer and we still bottled it.

Mostly because you found a way to absolve Emenalo of any blame. Players we weren't in for is Marinas fault apparently, despite it being mr Michaels job to point out players. Then the rest is all because you read so much paper talk you think we have actually bid for every player on the planet.

So I just find this newfound dogpiling on Marina alone is a little bit sh*t imo and is people grabbing on to something to have someone to blame for a f**kup by the entire board but thats not as easy to fix as #marinaout.

Edited by Stim

2 minutes ago, Stim said:

Mostly because you found a way to absolve Emenalo of any blame. Players we weren't in for is Marinas fault apparently, despite it being mr Michaels job to point out players. Then the rest is all because you read so much paper talk you think we have actually bid for every player on the planet.

So I just find this newfound dogpiling on Marina alone is a little bit sh*t imo and is people grabbing on to something to have someone to blame for a f**kup by the entire board but thats not as easy to fix as #marinaout.

Maybe I didn't phrase my thoughts well. I blame Marina and Marina alone for the utter sh*tfest negotiations we've been having. Emenalo deserves blame for identifying sh*t 2nd/3rd choice targets after we miss out on 1st choice targets thanks to Marina. Of course we've missed out on some of those 2nd/3rd choice targets too and appart from Ox....that's down to Marina as well.

Matt Law and Simon Johnson are well known mouthpieces for the club so when they say "Chelsea are targeting player A", I assume Chelsea are in fact targeting player A. From any other outlet, I can assume it's mere paper talk. Not from those two. And we've missed out on a boat load of those targets. Other low hanging fruits we should have gone for and seemingly weren't interested in could be down to bad scouting too (which is Emenalo's fault). Not going to blame Conte even one bit. What annoys me is that if the team underperforms, Conte gets the sack and the suits get to keep their job. I thought 15/16 would have thought you by now not to defend this board. Apparently not.

1 minute ago, Barrettinator said:

So you just want Emenalo to get some blame too, is that it?

Yeah. And whoever else makes decisions. All of them. Not this pick a person and pin everything on them, it will solve nothing.

1 hour ago, Gem said:

But from winter till now, we sell players for more then 200mln. With Costa sale will be close to 250m. Yet spend less then 140m..... When we are Champion and get 150m. from winning the title ....

That`s tell you the whole story.

There is no excuses for the board for not backing our manager, excuse me i mean coach !!!

Emanalo is also to blame, cause he failed to find replacement. He also failed with Conte. Conte want one thing, board want another. And in the end Conte go out there and said i`m just a coach, not a manager. Ask the board why they sell me Matic. I planed to used him, untill Bakayoko is 100% fit and it`s ready.

I also don`t believe all the s*** media rumours us with, but we did send Lukaku panic offer in a last moment, when everything was already done with United, we did the same thing with Walker, Conte said he wanted that player. He also said he wanted Danilo, the board failed again here. They sell player, he didn`t want to be sold. He did want Sandro, won`t happen. And for Sandro case it`s a board fault, cause they should try to get him asap. But they decided to wait, and Juve sold Bonucci and that was the moment we should have backed off. But this incompetent board continue to chase him.

Conte wanted Frank Cassie in the winter, he goes to Ac Milan, did i need to mention how many players they missed last summer as well ?

We should have get our WB a lot earlier, and there was a plenty of options.

Conti, Jeremy Toljan, Cancelo, Danilo, Walker, even Aurier, only for RB.

No excuses.

Edited by brakeit

12 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

I don't know.....you could start by pointing out why/how I'm wrong.

You are wrong by starting the thread with

"Whether some of you would like to agree or not, that is the fact.

Go ahead and call me and everyone who shares this opinion "spoilt" or whatever word you may feel like using, it won't change the fact."

The thread deserves a read. Your opinion deserves a read.  I disagree entirely with your position, but you're entitled to it, BUT, it's your opinion, not FACT.  FACHT!  I think that was the point.

11 hours ago, Scottish_mike said:

See if it wasnt for the shambles arsenal are in id be loosing my mind. 

The biggest problem isnt the fact of buying its selling all the youth. Take lukaku matic and kdb all 3 have came back to bite us in the arse.

Now ake,chalobah and solanke are all playing for decent teams that will come back to bite us if not cost us a fortune to buy back.

Oh then theres costa lets not forget about costa that situation has been handled so badly its a joke.

In what way have "lukaku matic and kdb all 3 have came back to bite us in the arse."  

We've not been torn apart by DeBruyne, Lukaku hasn't notched the perfect hat-trick against us and Matic hasn't demolished our mid-field in a way that caused the world's press to rename the Makele position to the Matic position.  Talk about hysterical over-reacting.

My frustration is that regardless of how those in charge of conducting our transfer business perform, nothing changes. 

Yet, the person most heavily effected by them doing their jobs well is the first to be judged regardless. 

We had an awful summer 2 years ago, it was pitiful recruitment for newly crowned Champions and it was a significant contributing factor in what was a disastrous season. 

Last year, we started the season poorly and left it to the last minute to recruit players that allowed the manager to play his preferred system and it was by the skin of our teeth the we didn't have a repeat of the previous year. 

Any lessons learned? Apparently not, because here we are again on the final day of the window for the third year running still in need for crucial reinforcements despite being very quick to sell players at profit we're apparently low balling on some targets (Drinkwater, Lukaku) or going after unobtainable players (Sandro, Oxlade-Chamberlain).

What repercussions are there for consistently poor performance in a key area of the clubs running and success? None it would appear... Unless you happen to be head coach of course.  

22 minutes ago, Stim said:

Yeah. And whoever else makes decisions. All of them. Not this pick a person and pin everything on them, it will solve nothing.

Fair enough. They all deserve blame. I just particularly hate how our negotiations have gone in recent years.

11 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

You are wrong by starting the thread with

"Whether some of you would like to agree or not, that is the fact.

Go ahead and call me and everyone who shares this opinion "spoilt" or whatever word you may feel like using, it won't change the fact."

The thread deserves a read. Your opinion deserves a read.  I disagree entirely with your position, but you're entitled to it, BUT, it's your opinion, not FACT.  FACHT!  I think that was the point.

You're correct. It's my opinion, not fact. Though I don't see anything that could logically debunk my opinion.

9 minutes ago, Zeta said:

At least next season when people start having at go at others in June for being worried, they can't play the "It's only June/July, there is loads of time" card with a straight face any more, after 3 years on the trot.

It will always be stupid to go into panic mode in June/July, so I expect people will continue to do so.

Edited by bluedave

4 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

You're correct. It's my opinion, not fact. Though I don't see anything that could logically debunk my opinion.

Then start off with "and this is my honest opinion, now let's hear some counter-arguments!"  

When people say their opinion is a fact, in the context of a discussion forum, it reminds me of extreme religious nutters and UKIP people.

11 minutes ago, Zeta said:

At least next season when people start having at go at others in June for being worried, they can't play the "It's only June/July, there is loads of time" card with a straight face any more, after 3 years on the trot.

It baffles me how we can't seem to do our business quick and early like Real, Barca (this summer notwithstanding) and Bayern. You know....they clubs we're supposedly aspiring to be like. The one time we wrapped it all up early, we breezed through the season (2014-15). But they won't learn. Because if it all goes wrong they're not the ones who'll get fired.

1 minute ago, yorkleyblue said:

Then start off with "and this is my honest opinion, now let's hear some counter-arguments!"  

When people say their opinion is a fact, in the context of a discussion forum, it reminds me of extreme religious nutters and UKIP people.

I agree with you and I can't edit the post now but that shouldn't take away from the larger point I was making.