Daniel Sturridge

Moons39

Before I pass judgement I would actually like to see him play. I mean, he played a little in pre season and he's come on as substitute only twice. So we really hasn't seen that much of him.

I say we should wait until january and let him play a bit more. And let's see if we buy another striker. If we do, then I guess it would be best to let Sturridge go on loan so he'll get more playing time (I guess both the new striker and Kalou will be ahead of him).

What I've seen of him in the reserves (where he should stand out) I'm not impressed, yet as others say it's a bit too to make a judgment until he gets fit and has a decent run out. I'm with BB I think the ANC will give us a better insight into the ability of Sturridge.

I have to admit I didnt see a lot of him so far and it might be too early but I doubt hes got the potential to become more then a good back-up for us. Of course its way too early to judge him, but scoring 4 goals in 22 appearances for Citeh last year isn´t really promising. Anyways I hope he gets some time on the pitch as soon as hes fit. We need a decent back-up striker when Kalou and Drogba are out to the ACN.

I reckon we should wait until Drogs & Kalou are away in January/February, give Studge a run in the side and see what he has to offer. Very difficult to judge him so far on a handful of sub appearances and reserve games.

That is actually slightly concerning about the ACN. I know we play lesser teams, but they'll always raise their game against a big side like Chelsea so pose a "goal or two here and there" threat, to which we have the strike partnership or Anelka (a more secondary striker, though has played as a target man) and.....Borini, as yet untested: Sturridge, is he injured or is he more "one for the future"; Joe Cole (could play there if needed, which could also be said about Malouda, and maybe Kakuta.

Which also brings me to another question: What's happening with Di Santo?

I remember him coming on against Sunderland and he could've had two goals. One that went slightly wide and one that if it had a bit more power that it would be a goal. There are a lot of great strikers over the years who don't look like they don't impress (Ruud and Pippo for one).

From what I've seen of Studge, I'd say he's going to be more of a creator, in the classic No.10 mould, rather than an out-and-out striker. So in that respect he goes up against Kakuta.

Borini needs to lump up a bit but he's nippy and makes some intelligent runs. He's more the poacher type.

Either would be preferable to Kalou!

He proved in 10 minutes what true potential is. He has skill, speed and strength. His track record at youth level shows he can score goals. That is true potential, this is not another Kalou type of failure where he was never really any good.

He will be immense if he stays injury free because Carlo will give him games.

Archived