The next bands you are going to see?

Against (1998)

Nation (2001)

Roorback (2003)

Dante XXI (2006)

A-Lex (2009)

Kairos (2011)

Max Cavalera's era was very cool!

Thanks for the timeline. I knew they didn't stop after Roots, but I just didn't know how long they continued as they just weren't "on my radar" anymore because I didn't like the songs I heard after that and I wasn't listening to that much heavy stuff at the time anyway. A few of my friends were huge fans of their early stuff and they pretty much stopped buying their albums after Roots, so I just haven't heard their later material.

Thanks for the timeline. I knew they didn't stop after Roots, but I just didn't know how long they continued as they just weren't "on my radar" anymore because I didn't like the songs I heard after that and I wasn't listening to that much heavy stuff at the time anyway. A few of my friends were huge fans of their early stuff and they pretty much stopped buying their albums after Roots, so I just haven't heard their later material.

I also like their old staff. Ihave about 15 songs on my pc and they are all from old albums. After Roots (96) I don't have anything..

• 3 weeks later...

Going to see NoMeansNo tomorrow at a local club. I wouldn't call myself a fan in the strictest sense of the word, although I do like some of the stuff they've done, but some of my mates are going to see them and I didn't have any plans for tomorrow night, so I figured I might as well go as the ticket was pretty affordable and it's been ages since I've last seen one of the mates who is going.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it part of that tour on which they play the Blue album, Pinkerton and some greatest hits?

Well no it wasn't meant to be, it was simply meant to be a warm up show for some festival gigs they have coming up. However they played most of Blue and about 5 from Pinkerton! Wasn't expecting it at all - even some of the newer stuff sounded good and Rivers was in fine form- a truly memorable gig that not even a Radiohead cover could ruin.

Edited by bjd

Weezer setlist

As I stopped buying their albums after the Green Album, there are some songs on the setlist that I don't recognise, but I reckon I would've liked it. A lot.

Isn't that "Teenage Dirtbag" a cover version of a song by that one hit wonder band "Wheatus"(or something like that)? Surely that's just a piss take...(?) :laugh2:

The majority of the songs on the setlist are from before 'Green' so I'm surprised you're not familiar with more, i think there is a few 'Blue' b-sides too. I think you wouldve enjoyed it. I was glad to see less of the new material which as I'm sure, like most people you would agree isn't comparable.

And yes, it was a note perfect cover of the Wheatus track. I think people often (and somehow) confuse the 2 bands and this is their reaction to that.

There are three songs on the list that I'm not familiar with: Susanne, You Gave Your Love to Me Softly, The Greatest Man That Ever Lived. I checked Wikipedia and apparently they're all available on bonus discs of limited edition versions of the Blue Album and Pinkerton(single b-sides?). I have the regular versions and I can't recall ever hearing those songs, but 17/20 is not bad for a Weezer gig these days, considering I know just a handful of songs from the post Green Album era. You say they were in great form, so I'm sure I would've enjoyed it. :431:

Paranoid Android is certainly an interesting choice for them to cover. Did it sound like the original or did they make the song their own in some way?

There are three songs on the list that I'm not familiar with: Susanne, You Gave Your Love to Me Softly, The Greatest Man That Ever Lived. I checked Wikipedia and apparently they're all available on bonus discs of limited edition versions of the Blue Album and Pinkerton(single b-sides?). I have the regular versions and I can't recall ever hearing those songs, but 17/20 is not bad for a Weezer gig these days, considering I know just a handful of songs from the post Green Album era. You say they were in great form, so I'm sure I would've enjoyed it. :431:

Paranoid Android is certainly an interesting choice for them to cover. Did it sound like the original or did they make the song their own in some way?

Paranoid Android was a note perfect cover. I hated it, but then i hate Radiohead!

Susanne was the bside to The Sweater Song, You Gave Your Love To Me Softly was the bside to El Scorchio. The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived is a newer song, from The Red Album. Its well worth a listen, its very weird about 10 songs rolled into one. Goes down really well live.

I was going to post a couple of vids for you that i took with my iphone but last night my girlfriend found some clips on youtube that are great. The quality is absurd, id love to know what he used to film them with. I'll link them in my next post. Let me know what you think.

Paranoid Android was a note perfect cover. I hated it, but then i hate Radiohead!

Weird. I wonder if it's some sort of piss take. You can never quite tell when it comes to Rivers Cuomo(I'm just assuming it's his idea). He often does things just for a laugh, but acts like he's dead serious.

Susanne was the bside to The Sweater Song, You Gave Your Love To Me Softly was the bside to El Scorchio. The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived is a newer song, from The Red Album. Its well worth a listen, its very weird about 10 songs rolled into one. Goes down really well live.

No wonder I've never heard those, then. I pretty much never buy singles. Buzzcocks was a great singles band and "Singles Going Steady" is a great compilation, but you don't get too many bands like that these days. as for the Red Album, maybe I should give it a chance one of these days.

I was going to post a couple of vids for you that i took with my iphone but last night my girlfriend found some clips on youtube that are great. The quality is absurd, id love to know what he used to film them with. I'll link them in my next post. Let me know what you think.

Just checked them out and they're definitely one of the best clips I've seen on youtube of any band that have been shot by someone in the audience. I'm just guessing, but at the moment Nokia N8 seems to be in a league of its own when it comes to recording video on a mobile phone. I'm not sure how well it records audio, though. Another possibility is one of them compact "point and shoot" HD cameras(if they're allowed at the venue). I've never tried one, but I've heard a lot of good things about Zoom's HD camera.

Just checked them out and they're definitely one of the best clips I've seen on youtube of any band that have been shot by someone in the audience. I'm just guessing, but at the moment Nokia N8 seems to be in a league of its own when it comes to recording video on a mobile phone. I'm not sure how well it records audio, though. Another possibility is one of them compact "point and shoot" HD cameras(if they're allowed at the venue). I've never tried one, but I've heard a lot of good things about Zoom's HD camera.

I notice on the comments of one of the clips someone has asked him about the model - ill let you know if he replies. Ive got a flip camera and its good, but nowhere near as good as that, the zoom is incredible and bearing in mind it was inside the footage is wonderful.

Ill wager it wasnt cheap!

PS I had a Nokia N95 a few years back and it was absolutely brilliant at recording stuff at gigs or raves, Crystal clear sound, very strange.

iPhone etc all need to implement this technology.

Its virtually the only area where Nokia is better than the rest.

Edited by Zola