The next bands you are going to see?

• 1 month later...

Andrew Bird on Tuesday

I've been waiting for him to come to Finland for years. I'm not expecting that wait to end any time soon, though. I had plans to fly over to Gothenburg or Copenhagen, but I couldn't rearrange a day off from work for either of those dates. I'd love to hear what you thought of the gig, though.

I want a full report tomorrow!

Really enjoyed the gig although it was a bit short, 75 mins, but I suppose when you only have one album's worth of material and you don't delve into your ex-band's catalogue (Fleet Foxes) that's going to happen. I don't think I've seen anyone who speaks to the audience as much as he did, not long monologues a la Bruce, just a few quips between every song, some relevant, some from a place only he lives in, but all tinged with a huge dollop of sarcasism. The highlight of each song must have been his body movements/dancing made me think of what Jim Carey would be as a rock star. All in all, the support band were good too (No), not a bad night out for 16 quid and I only live round the corner from the venue.

I've been waiting for him to come to Finland for years. I'm not expecting that wait to end any time soon, though. I had plans to fly over to Gothenburg or Copenhagen, but I couldn't rearrange a day off from work for either of those dates. I'd love to hear what you thought of the gig, though.

Will do, been waiting a long time for this too, couldn't believe it when I saw he was playing here.

Forgot to add if you plan to come over to Gbg for a gig in the future, I'm sure I could put you up.

Edited by G4 Squared

Hate to say it Maks, but you missed an amazing gig last night. Around about 2 hours 10 minutes, the highlight was the 5 song acoustic set in the middle of the show: the guitarist, bass and Bird stood round a large omnidirectional mic and just hit the spot. His use of digital loops was pretty good too. Thought the sound engineer done a good venue mix and managed to keep a well balanced sound all night, which must be difficult considering the range of his music.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yeah... Went to see Fishbone a few weeks ago. Probably shouldn't have though. It was ok, but the problem is that Fishbone isn't a band that should be able to be "just ok". They blew my mind around ten years ago, but now they were a band that hasn't aged well. I knew there wasn't a chance that they could be anywhere near the force of nature that they used to be, but I figured that maybe they could be great, but just in a different way. I mean, NoMeansNo are older than Fishbone and they rocked the roof off when I saw them last year. Then again, the Fishbone gig wasn't even close to being sold out and the people who had come just didn't seem all that eager to let loose. I can't blame them, though. I really wanted to like then gig, but it felt a bit half arsed to be honest.

Maks

I saw Finland's one and only "Von Hertzen Bros" play a semi-acoustic/stripped set the other night in support of Opeth's semi-acoustic/stripped. I must say they were pretty good, quite enjoyed their 45 minutes set. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone seen Stiff Little Fingers live recently? Are they any good these days? It seems they're coming to a local club in April. I love the early stuff, but I haven't listened to anything they've done after the first four albums.

Well, I decided to find out for myself and got a ticket. It was only 30€ for three bands (Stiff Little Fingers, The Vibrators and Kakka-Hätä 77) anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...