The next bands you are going to see?

• 3 weeks later...

So excited about Saturday, it's a line up you normally only dream about (well for me anyway!) first up are the Frank and Walters, followed by the greatest live act ever, the Sultans of Ping, then headlining are Carter USM. Can't wait.

How was the show? I saw Sultans of Ping FC twice back in the early 90s. Remember having a p1ss at The Venue in New Cross after their gig and the lead singer was p1ssing right next to me. A great laugh they were.

It was brilliant, a real top night. I always forget just how good Carter are, the Sultans were there usual brilliant selves, and the Frans played all their own classics.

I've met Nial and the rest of the Sultans a few times and they're great lads.

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

WOAH! First At the Drive-In announces they're getting back together for a tour

Great news let's hope they head to Sweden too(does that mean the Mars Volta have now gone into hibernation?)

and then Refused does the same.

They're all ready announced for "Way out West"

Now for something completely different The Bevis Fond have release an new excellent album after 7 years of silence, "The Leaving of London" (it's on Spotify) must have been the move next door to Bluebeard that done the trick and here's a clip from 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJM5CtSRIiM&feature=related

Edited by Tim W
  • 3 weeks later...

The Soundtrack of Our Lives are coming to a local club in May. I saw them about a year ago when they were promoting their best of collection and they were great. Now they'll be touring to promote the new studio album, so I'm not sure if I want to go(I like the older songs more). They've always been a great live band, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know there is very little(more like none) chance of them coming to Finland, but Grandaddy have announced that they'll do some European gigs in the summer for the first time since they broke up in 2005. It would be awesome if they did come here.

• 1 month later...

Ahh I'm seeing M83 at Reading, cannot wait either!

Yeah the gig was in February and it was top class you should love it!

Seeing Jay-Z and Kanye West 2 weeks today at the 02. They're doing 5 dates in a row and thank God I didn't buy tickets for the date on the 19th, because I sure as hell wouldn't have gone :laugh2: ! Really looking forward to it though hope Kanye does a decent mix of newer and older stuff.

Edited by ant-sw6

I'm off to Newmarket races in August and Jessie J is doing the post-racing gig.

Don't particularly like her music but if she's wearing a short skirt I might go down the front of the stage and look up for a bit.

Yeah the gig was in February and it was top class you should love it!

Seeing Jay-Z and Kanye West 2 weeks today at the 02. They're doing 5 dates in a row and thank God I didn't buy tickets for the date on the 19th, because I sure as hell wouldn't have gone :laugh2: ! Really looking forward to it though hope Kanye does a decent mix of newer and older stuff.

Funny you should mention that.. :laugh2:

2888l51.jpg

If you google the set list then you should get a rough idea of what will be playing, I'm so excited!