The next bands you are going to see?

I hadn't been to a ska gig in ages and a friend at work was going to see Reel Big Fish (supported by Suburban Legends), so even though this American third wave (pop punk) ska is really not my thing, I decided to give them a chance, in case they're good live. Well, they weren't... Or to be honest, I probably just wasn't their target audience. I'm more into older and/or more traditional stuff and the highlight was when they played a cover of Toots and the Maytals' "Monkey Man". Suburban Legends were better in my opinion, but not what I'd listen to at home either. They put on a fun show, though, so I'll give them that.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a blast last night! According to Jake, they normally wouldn't play "Gotta Gettaway" anymore, but it's been over 30 years since they'd been to Sweden or Finland, so they played it in Sweden (or so I've heard) and last night they played it in Helsinki. I'm not sure if the single had even been released the last time they played in Helsinki in 1979.

---

Apparently Black Lips are going to be playing at a local club later this month, but it's on a UCL match night, which means I'm probably at work. It's a good thing I saw them last summer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I went to see Daniel Johnston at a local club the other day. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The band he had for that night (I think he travels without a band and just uses a local band as his band) was a good choice and I'm not saying that just because I know the drummer... :happy001: