lauren

The next bands you are going to see?

Interpol at the Camden Roundhouse on Friday, can't wait... Seen them a couple of times before and they've always been excellent, especially when I saw them play Brixton Academy. 

Roundhouse is a much smaller and more intimate venue then where I've seen them before so this should be a good one. 

Not the next one I'm going to see but the next one I'm booking is Imagine Dragons.  I thought they were really good at Glasto last year so would like to see them again.

I'd love to see Imagine Dragons. They're actually one of the few bands/singers where I seem to like pretty much all their stuff rather than a couple of songs.

Radio 1's Big Weekend is at Norwich which is where I'm at university... Could be seeing Taylor Swift haha.

Going to see Limehouse Lizzy tonight. A tribute band to Thin Lizzy: in my opinion the finest band ever to come out of Ireland. Have seen them before and they are very good.

One off gig just announced for August, The Gaslight Anthem headlining with Against Me! supporting. 

Tickets on sale on Friday, I'm all over that. 

It's at Shepherd's Bush Empire which is a bit of a sh*tty venue but I'll still be going, two of my favourites bands on the same night. 

I didn't know Editors were playing... Might have to go, never seen them before. 

Off the top of my head I think it's October they're playing in Birmingham - a small venue too so should be good.  I saw them a couple of times a few years back now and they are great live.  Tom thingy is mesmorising to watch.

Off the top of my head I think it's October they're playing in Birmingham - a small venue too so should be good.  I saw them a couple of times a few years back now and they are great live.  Tom thingy is mesmorising to watch.

October 13th at Hammersmith their playing, I'll be sorting out tickets tonight. 

Love Tom Thingy's vocals, will be nice to go and see a band for the first time. 

Yeah I thought Tom Thingy was good enough at the time!  There was a time when it seemed that every other lead singers was Tom Something or Other and I could never remember their names!  Most are new songs - but there's In the Bleak Midwinter which I really like though my daughter thinks it sounds like a dirge!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/music/dp/B005V7YJUY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436967764&sr=8-1&keywords=funny+looking+angels

The Independent  "As no particular fan of either The Editors or Razorlight, I didn't expect to find much enjoyment in this Christmas album by Editors singer Tom Smith and former Razorlight drummer Andy Burrows; but such is the obvious chemistry between the two that Funny Looking Angels is far and away the most engaging of this year's seasonal offerings.

Featuring a blend of standards and originals spiced with judicious covers of sometimes obscure indie tracks, it manages to sustain a mood and attitude throughout without offering too many hostages to homogeneity. The opening "In the Bleak Midwinter" features Smith's lugubrious baritone against a hovering mist of chilly ambience, ultimately supplanted by a burst of epic illumination – the effect is as if the spirit of Elbow had been co-opted into Christmas duty."

Edited by Beerqueen

Going to see Limehouse Lizzy, a fine tribute band to Thin Lizzy. Gig is at a small club not far from me. Suspect my ears will be ringing next day as the concert will be very loud.

Have a ticket to see Bob Dylan at the Royal Albert Hall at the end of October. It's been a few years since I've been to a Dylan concert. I have over fifty of his albums at home. Do I play all of them to get me in the mood for the gig?!

Have a ticket to see Bob Dylan at the Royal Albert Hall at the end of October. It's been a few years since I've been to a Dylan concert. I have over fifty of his albums at home. Do I play all of them to get me in the mood for the gig?!

You'd be better off listening to a drunken hobo mumble for 2 hours straight to get you in the mood for what Bob Dylan sounds like live nowadays. 

Yes, have to agree that his voice is not what it once was - not that it was great when he started all those years ago. Too many substances? If I record the concert and post it on here, would that be an instant ban? Cruelty to fellow Chelsea fans?

He must be 75 now. Wonder how long he'll carry on touring. His first five or six albums are superb. Of his later stuff, Blood on the Tracks is good.