lauren

The next bands you are going to see?

I like the early stuff but I'm content listening to an "Essential Bob Dylan" album rather than individual albums. 

I listen to him because I grew up with my old man listening to him so it sort of rubbed off on me. 

Seen him at Wembley Arena and Brixton. It's an interesting live experience, definitely not for the sort of people who like a good sing a long because Christ knows how he's going to play anything.... Most the time you have no idea what song it is until it gets to the chorus. 

I bought tickets for my husband and my two sons a couple of years back and they said the same - didn't always know what the song was even when it got to the chorus!  My daughter and I stayed in with pizza, wine (for me) and a couple of chick flicks!

I like the early stuff but I'm content listening to an "Essential Bob Dylan" album rather than individual albums. 

I listen to him because I grew up with my old man listening to him so it sort of rubbed off on me. 

Seen him at Wembley Arena and Brixton. It's an interesting live experience, definitely not for the sort of people who like a good sing a long because Christ knows how he's going to play anything.... Most the time you have no idea what song it is until it gets to the chorus. 

Have seen him about half-a-dozen times over the years and there have been times when it's taken a while to work out what song he is singing. He's been doing re-arrangements of his songs for some years now. Listening to Live at Budokan which was recorded in 1978 there are a number of re-arrangements of songs e.g. Times they are a-changin'.

A great songwriter although some of his lyrics are a bit difficult to understand. Am still trying to understand what Desolation Row means.

Went to see The Lemonheads last night in a small arts centre in the backstreets of Cardiff. Great venue which was sold out. Really good gig with a great set.Been a fan of theirs for many years but this was the first time I've seen them. Chatted briefly to lead singer Evan Dando as he was loading his guitars onto his tour van. Definitely not a big-time jumped up rock star!

Edited by Backbiter

Going to see Erja Lyytinen, a blues guitarist from Finland, on 15 October. The week after I'm going to see Bob Dylan at the Royal Albert Hall. At the end of November will be going to see Pat Travers. Should be a loud night.

I got tickets to see The Cure next year, but tomorrow I will go see my mate's band play at a local club. It's a small venue and they're just the support act (they've only released one album), but it's the next gig I'm going to. Then it's time for Songhoy Blues next week. I absolutely loved them in August at a local festival, so it will be interesting to see them in a club environment.

Edited by Maksimov

Saw Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit in Bristol last night. He's the ex guitarist of the Drive BY Truckers. Absolutely brilliant gig.

Next gig is in 3 weeks: Bob Mould, ex Husker Du and Sugar front man, in Cardiff. Have wanted to see him for years.

Anyone seen Eddie & The Hot Rods recently? I noticed they will be playing at a local club on Saturday and was wondering if they still rock hard enough to justify paying 18€ for the ticket? I've been quite sceptical about these old rock bands before I saw The Sonics late last year. They were good and not even "good for old men", but good as in "a good rock show, period".

Anyone seen Eddie & The Hot Rods recently? I noticed they will be playing at a local club on Saturday and was wondering if they still rock hard enough to justify paying 18€ for the ticket? I've been quite sceptical about these old rock bands before I saw The Sonics late last year. They were good and not even "good for old men", but good as in "a good rock show, period".

Never even heard of them. Well at least I don't remember if I did but that's basically the same. However now that you mentioned the name I absolutely have to listen to Jesus Built My Hotrod from Ministry :D