lauren

The next bands you are going to see?

I saw Alice Cooper last night, still the showman. He played with two different bands, the original for the 70s stuff and his current band for the rest. All came together for Schools Out mixed with Another Brick in the Wall finale. 

It's not the band I'm going to see next, but a band I saw last night, but since the name is such a mouthful, I'll just have to give them a mention. So what is the band I went to see last night? Well, it was Have You Ever Seen the Jane Fonda Aerobic VHS, of course. Obviously. :happy001: 

Limehouse Lizzy on 15 March. A great tribute band to the wonderful Thin Lizzy. Have seen Limehouse Lizzy a few times and they are superb. 35 years since I saw Thin Lizzy on their farewell tour. When I saw them the line-up was Lynott, Downey, Gorham. Sykes and Warton. Towards the end of the concert they were joined on stage by three former guitarists: Bell, Moore and Robertson. A wonderful night.

11 minutes ago, Boyne said:

Limehouse Lizzy on 15 March. A great tribute band to the wonderful Thin Lizzy. Have seen Limehouse Lizzy a few times and they are superb. 35 years since I saw Thin Lizzy on their farewell tour. When I saw them the line-up was Lynott, Downey, Gorham. Sykes and Warton. Towards the end of the concert they were joined on stage by three former guitarists: Bell, Moore and Robertson. A wonderful night.

I saw Limehouse Lizzy myself a few years ago, they were fantastic.

You may well already know this, but they released a double live album of that tour: 'Life Live'. It's produced pretty poorly but it still manages to capture some of the magic of the occasion. Top setlist as well.

12 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

I saw Limehouse Lizzy myself a few years ago, they were fantastic.

You may well already know this, but they released a double live album of that tour: 'Life Live'. It's produced pretty poorly but it still manages to capture some of the magic of the occasion. Top setlist as well.

I have a copy of the album. Agree, the quality is poor but it does manage to capture some of the magic. Eric Bell performed Whiskey in the Jar and strangely it isn't on the album. The concert finished with The Rocker and there were five guitarists on stage for that. A wall of noise as they were all trying to out do each other. Great times.

In late 1985 me and mate went to see the Gary Moore band. At the end of the gig Phil Lynott came on stage for a couple of songs. And then a couple of months later he left us. 

Few gigs lined up over the coming months. 

Hot Water Music @ The Electric Ballroom, Camden

The Streets @ Brixton Academy

The Gaslight Anthem @ Hammersmith Apollo 

Thrice @ The Electric Ballroom, Camden

Editors @ Brixton Academy 

Finally got around to framing all of my old ticket stubs to, happy with how it came out. 

No automatic alt text available.

Saw The Vaccines last night, very good live and fantastic crowd in a small venue. 

Next up Twisted Wheel.

Arctic Monkeys tickets on sale this Friday but don't think i want to part with £67.50 a ticket when i'm already seeing them at TRNSMT. The Stone Roses didn't even charge that much when they made their return. 

I'm upset.  Eric B. and Rakim are playing nearby where I live on April 17th, but my wife will not let me go.  Says its too dangerous.  Poppycock!   These guys are legendary!

Just to hear "Microphone Fiend" live would make up for all of the misery caused by Chelsea to me over the past few months.

Edited by Phillip
Grammatical correction

56 minutes ago, Phillip said:

I'm upset.  Eric B. and Rakim are playing nearby where I live on April 17th, but my wife will not let me go.  Says its too dangerous.  Poppycock!   These guys are legendary!

Just to hear "Microphone Fiend" live would make up for all of the misery caused by Chelsea to me over the past few months.

Sod your wife, you have to go to that, no way can you miss that. Its worth the earache. 

On 4/11/2018 at 15:46, RIP Mourinho said:

Saw The Vaccines last night, very good live and fantastic crowd in a small venue. 

Next up Twisted Wheel.

Arctic Monkeys tickets on sale this Friday but don't think i want to part with £67.50 a ticket when i'm already seeing them at TRNSMT. The Stone Roses didn't even charge that much when they made their return. 

Jesus, I remember going to see Arctic Monkeys in Brixton back in about 2007/2008 and I think the ticket cost me about £12.

Such a rip-off with all these acts now and ticket prices and they're not even as good now as they once were (IMO).

8 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Jesus, I remember going to see Arctic Monkeys in Brixton back in about 2007/2008 and I think the ticket cost me about £12.

Such a rip-off with all these acts now and ticket prices and they're not even as good now as they once were (IMO).

Managed to get a few tickets this morning for my partners sister and parents. Ended up being about £73 per standing ticket after transactions fee etc.

The worst thing is that these tickets literally sell out in seconds then they all appear on viagogo and other such websites for 5x the price moments later. Just looked and a standing ticket is £527.00 on Viagogo. Then you'll have the crazy transaction fees on top of that. Ticket buying is becoming a real problem.

16 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Managed to get a few tickets this morning for my partners sister and parents. Ended up being about £73 per standing ticket after transactions fee etc.

The worst thing is that these tickets literally sell out in seconds then they all appear on viagogo and other such websites for 5x the price moments later. Just looked and a standing ticket is £527.00 on Viagogo. Then you'll have the crazy transaction fees on top of that. Ticket buying is becoming a real problem.

Blimey.

I'm lucky in that I'm getting a bit of an old bastard and there really aren't that many artists that I like enough these days to want to go and see perform. I really have to be into an artist / band to want to go and watch them perform a whole concert and at those sort of prices they can f**k right off. Prefer festival type gigs now where you can see a few acts and there's plenty more going on, but then I'm not into camping either!

Edited by Nibs

24 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Blimey.

I'm lucky in that I'm getting a bit of an old bastard and there really aren't that many artists that I like enough these days to want to go and see perform. I really have to be into an artist / band to want to go and watch them perform a whole concert and at those sort of prices they can f**k right off. Prefer festival type gigs now where you can see a few acts and there's plenty more going on, but then I'm not into camping either!

I try to see most of the bands i want at festivals. I don't mind camping too much but 3 out of the 4 festvials i have booked this year all require a hotel. Would much rather camp and save the extra £150.

37 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Had the same thing with The Streets. 

My brother in law just about managed to get me tickets through the O2 Priority pre-sale. When they went on general sale a couple of friends had no luck and the two nights sold out literally within the first minute. Within 5-10 minutes they're being listed on Get Me In for way over face value... To the point where Mike Skinner of The Streets got involved trying to set up a way for fans to buy tickets for face value from people who got tickets but could not go. 

It's a massive problem, sites like Viagogo and Get Me In are just legalised touting sites and it rips of the honest fans who want to go. 

There was a thing on the BBC recently saying that ticket prices for live Music have gone up about 60% on average over the last 20 years I think it was. Because of things like Spotify bands are making less and less money from music sales and depend on money raised through touring and merchandise sales. 

Just feels like it's the loyal fans, much like with football, that are the ones who suffer the most. 

9 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Had the same thing with The Streets. 

My brother in law just about managed to get me tickets through the O2 Priority pre-sale. When they went on general sale a couple of friends had no luck and the two nights sold out literally within the first minute. Within 5-10 minutes they're being listed on Get Me In for way over face value... To the point where Mike Skinner of The Streets got involved trying to set up a way for fans to buy tickets for face value from people who got tickets but could not go. 

It's a massive problem, sites like Viagogo and Get Me In are just legalised touting sites and it rips of the honest fans who want to go. 

There was a thing on the BBC recently saying that ticket prices for live Music have gone up about 60% on average over the last 20 years I think it was. Because of things like Spotify bands are making less and less money from music sales and depend on money raised through touring and merchandise sales. 

Just feels like it's the loyal fans, much like with football, that are the ones who suffer the most. 

I don't mind too much the price of tickets going up as artists have to make money. Its giving money to the touting sites that really annoys me. Refuse to buy tickets from such places. 

Rolling Stones at the London Stadium this coming Tuesday. Managed to buy a couple of tickets for £30 each. 1995 was the last time I saw the Stones so about time I saw them again. And then Joan Baez at the Royal Albert Hall on 28 May. 

Went to see Joan Baez at the Royal Albert Hall this evening. A superb concert. Joan has a great voice. Performed for nearly two hours. Songs included Diamonds and Rust, It's All Over Now Baby Blue, The President Sang Amazing Grace and The Night We Drove Old Dixie Down. @moi You are in for a treat when you go to see her. @goose were you able to get tickets to see her? She is touring again in early 2019 according to her website.

http://www.joanbaez.com/tour/

Last wee I saw the Rolling Stones twice at the London Stadium: on Tuesday and Friday. Brilliant concerts. A fine band. Keith is a brilliant guitarist and as for Mick, he puts to shame performers half his age. 

The only downsides to the Stones concerts were it was a nightmare getting in and out of the stadium and seeing West Ham colours. A crime against humanity.

Touring again??? This was supposed to be her farewell tour! No matter.

I am getting wildly excited about my trip to Paris to see her on June 16th, but also rather anxious because the blasted train drivers have decided to go on strike on the days I had tickets for the TGV!

But it certainly sounds like the concert will be fantastic. Thanks @Boyne

8 hours ago, moi said:

Touring again??? This was supposed to be her farewell tour! No matter.

I am getting wildly excited about my trip to Paris to see her on June 16th, but also rather anxious because the blasted train drivers have decided to go on strike on the days I had tickets for the TGV!

But it certainly sounds like the concert will be fantastic. Thanks @Boyne

I'm very tempted to go and see her when she performs in London next year. She had a couple of musicians including her son performing with her last night. Her son, Gabriel, is a very good percussionist. The other musician, Dirk Powell played five different instruments. I'm very jealous of people who play a number of instruments. I can't even play one! There was a backing singer, Grace (I forget her surname) who performed with Joan on a few songs.

During the concert Joan mentioned that during her teenage years she listened to a lot of rhythm and blues. Her parents wanted to broaden her musical tastes so took her to a Pete Seeger concert and as the saying goes, the rest is history.

Hope you manage to get to Paris. Hopefully the strikes will be called off.