lauren

The next bands you are going to see?

On 13/04/2018 at 13:04, RIP Mourinho said:

I don't mind too much the price of tickets going up as artists have to make money. Its giving money to the touting sites that really annoys me. Refuse to buy tickets from such places. 

I saw that a couple of artists coming to the Colston Hall soon have specific terms on their ticket sales.  The person who bought the ticket(s) HAS to have photo ID and the credit card they used and their entire party must all arrive at once.  Any tickets that are sold on are automatically invalid. I think there might have been a couple of other restrictions as well.

Sounds Ok to me.

5 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

I saw that a couple of artists coming to the Colston Hall soon have specific terms on their ticket sales.  The person who bought the ticket(s) HAS to have photo ID and the credit card they used and their entire party must all arrive at once.  Any tickets that are sold on are automatically invalid. I think there might have been a couple of other restrictions as well.

Sounds Ok to me.

I saw that Ed Sheeran had been doing that at his gigs as have Catfish and the Bottlemen for their upcoming gig in Cardiff. Apparently if you bought the ticket from the ticket touting website and it gets invalidated you're entitled to a refund too so it sounds like a good move. 

Oh fret not, one way or another I will get there. I could get a bus, I could drive myself or I could get what is known as a "blabla car". This is a service which involves people who advertise their own car journey in order to get passengers willing to share the petrol. I hate the thought of being driven by a total stranger, so for me that is not an option. Driving myself is a viable option but incredibly expensive. My Scottish thrift and my dislike of bus journeys are currently doing battle!

Edited by moi

@Boyne sounds great. No I was unable to get tickets and next year won’t suit either. Will be in London for a wedding the week before too, pity it didn’t work in.

The Stones as well, brilliant. There was a tv programme on recently about Richards, very very talented man. 

On 29/05/2018 at 10:14, moi said:

Oh fret not, one way or another I will get there. I could get a bus, I could drive myself or I could get what is known as a "blabla car". This is a service which involves people who advertise their own car journey in order to get passengers willing to share the petrol. I hate the thought of being driven by a total stranger, so for me that is not an option. Driving myself is a viable option but incredibly expensive. My Scottish thrift and my dislike of bus journeys are currently doing battle!

Could you ask Roman to lend you his private plane so you can arrive in style? Like you, I don't like the thought of being driven by a stranger.

17 hours ago, goose said:

@Boyne sounds great. No I was unable to get tickets and next year won’t suit either. Will be in London for a wedding the week before too, pity it didn’t work in.

The Stones as well, brilliant. There was a tv programme on recently about Richards, very very talented man. 

A shame that you won't be able to see Joan next year. Hopefully she'll add a few more concerts to a tour. 

Agree, Keith is a very talented man. I read his auto-biography a few years ago. A very interesting life and life-style. Given what he's taken over the years it is amazing he is still around. He went to the art college in my home town. It was there that he met Dick Taylor who went on to be part of the Pretty Things. It was on the train to college one day that he met Mick and as they say the rest is history.

Editors at Brixton next up for me in Brixton, followed by We Were Promised Jetpacks in November at Bush Hall, Shepherd's Bush, never been to that venue before. 

Then Brian Fallon of The Gaslight Anthem in February playing the Union Chapel and 21 Pilots at Wembley Arena in March. 

Have a few coming up, ELO at the O2 in October, Catfish and the Bottlemen at Wembley, Christine and the Queens in Bournemouth and Shawn Mendes at the O2 next April.

eclectic musical tastes.

20 hours ago, just said:

Have a few coming up, ELO at the O2 in October, Catfish and the Bottlemen at Wembley, Christine and the Queens in Bournemouth and Shawn Mendes at the O2 next April.

eclectic musical tastes.

My old mans off to that too, he was in Oslo this weekend where he also saw ELO after going on holiday to California last month which was arranged around seeing ELO. Guess who his favourite band are... :laugh2:

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

My old mans off to that too, he was in Oslo this weekend where he also saw ELO after going on holiday to California last month which was arranged around seeing ELO. Guess who his favourite band are... :laugh2:

70s pop icons never die, they mature like a classic wine! My daughter is 20 and loves ELO. Saw them at Wembley stadium last year and they had the place rocking. 

Seeing The Magic Gang next Friday in Notts.

Reverend and The Makers a couple weeks after in Notts.

Courteeners in Leeds on 17/11 then again in Notts on 19/11.

The Twang in Birmingham on 15/12.

Then off to Amsterdam to see Gerry Cinnamon at The Paradiso on 18/01/2019. Who is it that from Holland on this forum? Do any of you know what the Paradiso is like as a venue and if its easy to get to?  

A few concerts lined up in November. 

13 November: The Danny Bryant Band

20 November: Carvin Jones

30 November: John Otway.

The first two are at at Beaverwood Club in Chislehurst. Going to see the legendary John Otway at the Borderline club in the Borderline just off Charing Cross Road in London.

Going to see Counting Crows in Dublin in two weeks. Saw them while on holiday in Nashville the other year and they were fantastic.

What is outrageous is the cost of the tickets. The cheapest seats were 90 euros, whereas in 2015 we paid 25 dollars a ticket (which was phenomenal value in this day and age, and there were two support bands as well)

And no, I didn't get the tickets from viagogo or any such rip-off sites - the concert isn't sold out and is unlikely to be.

Next month going to see Glenn Tilbrook here in South Wales. Seen him loads of times (solo and with Squeeze) and he's always brilliant. His guitar playing is stunning:

On 14/10/2018 at 18:39, just said:

Got audience tickets for Later with Jools Holland this Tuesday. Then ELO at the O2 on Wednesday.

Hope you had a good time at ELO. My old man went to that and again after the match on Saturday. He’s seen them 4 times in 3 months in 3 different countries now :laugh2:

4 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Saw Editors last night in Brixton. 

Really enjoyed it, was the first time I've seen them live despite having listened to them for a number of years. 

They're sh*t

32 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Just booked tickets for Craig Charles' Funk and Soul Roadshow.  Saw him on New Years Eve in Bristol and it was a bit re-mixy, but excellent for all that.

I'm certain I haven't mentioned this dozens of times before, but I've had two 'spinages à trois' on his Radio 6 show... I even asked for one song he hadn't heard before!