lauren

The next bands you are going to see?

7 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Can't wait for it, you staying over in Manchester?

Me too mate really looking forward to it.

Yeah staying in an Air BNB not far from the Etihad, think it is about 20 mins drive from Heaton Park. Coming up on the Friday and home on Sunday, with trips to 42s in between as well!

23 minutes ago, drjonesy1994 said:

Me too mate really looking forward to it.

Yeah staying in an Air BNB not far from the Etihad, think it is about 20 mins drive from Heaton Park. Coming up on the Friday and home on Sunday, with trips to 42s in between as well!

Sounds good! We've got ourselves in Travelles near Old Trafford just inside Salford. About the same kind of journey to Heaton Park. 

I was tempted to do 42's again but we've all decided to go Venue for their Courteeners afterparty on the Saturday. Should be a good night! 

Posted (edited)

Saw James a few weeks ago, they were excellent even though Tim Booth had a broken foot.

Were away to see Doves in Glasgow this weekend, really looking forward to this. 

Edited by dkw

The Cure in Glasgow in August. Saw their last Glasgow gig in about 1990. Finest band of the eighties and currently showing Glastonbury crowd what they are missing with the sh*te churned out today.

Big bobs voice is still phenomenal, been superb tonight, where in Glasgow you seeing them? 

34 minutes ago, dkw said:

Big bobs voice is still phenomenal, been superb tonight, where in Glasgow you seeing them? 

Bellahouston Park

I've got tickets to see Thrice and Refused co-headlining at Brixton Academy in October. 

PUP at Electric Ballroom in November

We Were Promised Jetpacks at the Scala in December. 

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I've got tickets to see Thrice and Refused co-headlining at Brixton Academy in October. 

PUP at Electric Ballroom in November

We Were Promised Jetpacks at the Scala in December. 

Been listening to there album lately, its a belter. Would like to see them live some point this year.

3 hours ago, dkw said:

Been listening to there album lately, its a belter. Would like to see them live some point this year.

Which of their albums you listening to?

I only got into them last year, saw them play in Shepherds Bush last December and it was great fun.

They're touring the tenth anniversary of their first album this year so they’ll be playing it in its entirety during the gigs.

Its there latest album, The More I Sleep the Less I Dream. Got it on amazon last month when I was looking for new stuff, along with Yaks latest and they have both been on when I`m out on the bike. 

On 30/06/2019 at 22:19, loz said:

The Cure in Glasgow in August. Saw their last Glasgow gig in about 1990. Finest band of the eighties and currently showing Glastonbury crowd what they are missing with the sh*te churned out today.

Are we just pretending The Smith's and New Order didn't exist? :Connie_threaten:

Are we just pretending The Smith's and New Order didn't exist? :Connie_threaten:
The Smiths are the only credible competition to The Cure. New Order not remotely in the same league. Joy Division one of the finest ever, Joy Division without Curtis and with a w**ky love of US electronic pop were second rate

1 hour ago, loz said:
7 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

The Smiths are the only credible competition to The Cure. New Order not remotely in the same league. Joy Division one of the finest ever, Joy Division without Curtis and with a w**ky love of US electronic pop were second rate

Depeche Mode were pretty close to the Cure for me.

13 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Depeche Mode were pretty close to the Cure for me.

Saw Depeche Mode last summer, was let down by them tbh.

15 hours ago, loz said:
21 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I thought Power, Corruption and Lies was just as good a album as unknown pleasures which is immortalised in music history.

I thought Power, Corruption and Lies was just as good a album as unknown pleasures which is immortalised in music history.
Sit down, raise your right palm to forehead height, bring said palm and forehead in a fast and sharp motion.. Then repeat.

That's a bargain basement album in comparison to Unknown Pleasures.

36 minutes ago, loz said:

Sit down, raise your right palm to forehead height, bring said palm and forehead in a fast and sharp motion.. Then repeat.

That's a bargain basement album in comparison to Unknown Pleasures.

Age of consent is one of the greatest songs from that era imo.

2 hours ago, just said:

Have tickets for Elvis Costello and The Imposters in London in March. And Simple Minds in Leeds in April.

I thought you’d be sick of listening to simple minds after browsing this forum... 

:rolleyes: