lauren

The next bands you are going to see?

Never even heard of them.

One of those pub rock/pre punk bands who have (or at least had) a reputation of being a kick ass band live. I'm just not sure if they're still worth seeing. I mean, in rock years 1975 is practically ancient times. Then again, like I mentioned, The Sonics still rocked last year and they're older than these guys.

One of those pub rock/pre punk bands who have (or at least had) a reputation of being a kick ass band live. I'm just not sure if they're still worth seeing. I mean, in rock years 1975 is practically ancient times. Then again, like I mentioned, The Sonics still rocked last year and they're older than these guys.

I guess they were never big outside of the UK.

Age isn't always important as the hero that was Lemmy clearly proved. Robert Fripp is 69 (God, I hope he survives 2016...) and King Crimson is still a beast.

Age isn't always important as the hero that was Lemmy clearly proved. Robert Fripp is 69 (God, I hope he survives 2016...) and King Crimson is still a beast.

I know age isn't everything, although I'd have to say Fripp and Crimson aren't very good comparisons when it comes to this bare bones no-nonsense rock 'n' roll. It's just that I've seen these old punk and garage rock bands make comebacks in their later years and sometimes they haven't aged very well in the sense that they just don't rock very much (if at all) anymore. They're going through the motions, but just can't "turn it on" anymore like they used to. Some bands still got it in their later years and some bands adapt and are good in a different way. That's why I was wondering if Eddie & The Hot Rods are a band worth seeing these days. I know they probably have like only one or two members in the band from their heyday, which is often a bit of a warning sign. The Sonics tour with 3/5 original members (with one of them over 70 years old), but they managed to make it work, though.

Saw them a few years ago, they were fantastic.

Have seen them a few times. A brilliant band. 30 years since Phil Lynott died and five years since Gary Moore passed away. Two legends.

Nothing for a couple of months, then The Boss and Coldplay in fairly quick succession.  Then nothing til November, when it's the Specials and then Rod Stewart.  Oh nearly forgot about the Four Tops and the Temptations in October.  

God, looking at that list I must try to find something a bit more up to date to go to see!  (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be at Glastonbury but I won't hold my breath).  But a friend and I have said we'll try to find a festival to go to anyway in the summer.

Nothing for a couple of months, then The Boss and Coldplay in fairly quick succession.  Then nothing til November, when it's the Specials and then Rod Stewart.  Oh nearly forgot about the Four Tops and the Temptations in October.  

God, looking at that list I must try to find something a bit more up to date to go to see!  (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be at Glastonbury but I won't hold my breath).  But a friend and I have said we'll try to find a festival to go to anyway in the summer.

Four Tops and the Temptations should be good. Am planning to go and see the show Motown later in the year. Have heard good things about it.

Just got a ticket for tomorrow night's Mirel Wagner gig at Ateneum (museum of Finnish national gallery). I've seen her before, but the venue will make it very interesting.

Edited by Maksimov

Yup! Should be a lot of fun!  :music-smiley-007:  weather doesn't look great though...  :face_palm:

Who are you particularly looking forward to seeing?  Do you have a plan or do you just go with the flow?

The Courteeners have just announced a Manchester gig for next year, tickets on sale Friday. Already seen them twice this year and got tickets to see them in Leeds at the end of November but can't miss out on them in Manchester! 

I was guttered when i went to see Stone Roses at the Etihad that it wasn't the day they were supporting them sadly. 

Anyone else thinking of getting tickets? The Charlatans, Blossoms and Cabbage all supporting.

Last night I saw three blues bands at a venue near where I live. First time I had seen the bands. Bands were The Rainbreakers, Salvation Jayne and The Danny Giles Band. Three very good bands. Going to see the legendary John Otway in December.