Liverpool sign Joe Cole

coombsie
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

For the four games a season that he is fully fit and fully match-fit, the have just signed one of the best players in the league. For the rest of the season, they've signed a bit-part player who has let down Chelsea fans, both over this move and by his performances over the last couple of seasons. I am very sad

His loss...if he wants to play for clowns instead of the best team in England...he can do it.

We offered him 100k didn't we? And the only reason he didn't sign initially is he wanted 120k?...and now look what he has to settle for....

For the four games a season that he is fully fit and fully match-fit, the have just signed one of the best players in the league. For the rest of the season, they've signed a bit-part player who has let down Chelsea fans, both over this move and by his performances over the last couple of seasons. I am very sad

What Yorkley said.......

Winner of the 'Mikel Forsell Season award'

Moment's of brilliance, to few and far between, followed by a bad injury. And while the supporters were endearded to him, the 'he'll come good soon' tag never really lived up to the billing.

Oh........ and ended up at a lesser club

Edited by BLUENUT

ah well. here's hoping he enjoys further extended periods out injured. maybe he'll have Torres for company. won't that be nice for him.

edit: i guess the lure of the Europa League was too much for him to resist.

Edited by stride

ah well. here's hoping he enjoys further extended periods out injured. maybe he'll have Torres for company. won't that be nice for him.

edit: i guess the lure of the Europa League was too much for him to resist.

Yes, it's giving me some quite interesting thought lines....

Both of them sitting in the Liverpool medical room talking about how Liverpool just got knocked out of the Europa league...and just got beaten 4-0 at Anfield by Bolton...Torres combing his sweepy hair...Joe running his hands through his gloriously shaved head...

Perhaps they can play Playstation together....and talk about career regrets?

I am absolutely disgusted , anybody , and i mean anybody but them. Just ruined my summer.

Seconded. 120k in demands to 90k in actual salary. Champions League and Champions to rebuilding project in Europa League. One of my favorite players to just another bin dipper.

If it was really that important for him to get away from all the "politics" here, then good for him. I am sure he is gonna love the politics at a club where the fans hate the owners, and nobody knows if the manager is gonna survive a takeover. Enjoy it Joe

http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,20144,12975_6270058,00.html

As I've said before, with Joe, it's not all about £££££. Sure that plays a part, but the bloke just wants to play regular football. This move makes sense as with Liverpool's fairly weak squad, he should get in the team more often than not and therefore also be able to get selected for his country.

Probably also likes the idea of working with Hodgson.

Good Luck to him. Sure he'll get a decent reception when he returns to The Bridge.

The Joey-Yossi swap is strange, but for me joey has passed his best times.

Except from the goal at OT, he never really convinced.

Don't know what he thought about moving to LFC...

Bye Joe, i hope you will find there what you've been looking for.

A move made purely because of a financial incentive.

I (sort of) wish him well but im not sure if it will work out. I suspect Liverpool fans think they have signed a creative midfield genuis who will decide games for them, but like for us, the reality will be very different.

Now he has gone, im not afraid to say it at risk of upsetting his legions of fans , but for me Joe Cole is mostly all smoke and no fire. A great guy and we do, of course have some wonderful memories of him but lets be honest his departure doesnt really affect us and certainly wont make Liverpool any stronger. Actually, if you think about it we have done a straight swap with Yossi and in a years time wil be interesting to to see who has the got better deal, bearing in mind finiancial outlay against performances on the field.

Id be willing to wager its us.

Does anybody else suspect that the club knew something about the extent of Joe's injury and as a result how it could affect his future form and durability?

I don't think it is anything like that. He went to L*v*rp**l medical so he should be okay in that sense. But the fact is that as he's had that serious injury he might never heal completely and the chance of the same injury is bigger. Same as with Essien.

We have Yossi Benayoun and they have Joey Cole.

Judging by how they've played during the last couple of seasons, I think we might just be getting the better part of the deal, if you can call it that. 100% fit Joe Cole on top form would be better than a 100% fit Benayoun, but when was the last time Joey stayed fit for an entire season? And it's not like his form has been that good either. Some good games here and there, but I think Joey's career might imitate Duff's career a bit. Duff was way too injury prone and his form wasn't anywhere near as good as it used to be and then he moved to a big club that had not won the title in years. What are the odds on seeing Joe at Fulham or West Ham in a few years time?

The Joey-Yossi swap is strange, but for me joey has passed his best times.

Thats what confused me. Although it wasn't a swap, that is what it feels like and when you look at it like that, it doesn't make much sense at all.

I wouldn't say his best days are behind him so much, still think he is quality and will show people that at Liverpool (unfortunately).

The goal he set up for Ashley against Wigan on our last game of the season sums his game up. Liverpool fans should be well chuffed he is going there.

I'm surprised at the amount of bitterness shown here... I for one don't mind that he's gone to Liverpool. He turned us down because he wanted more money than he deserved, and nded up with less than even we were offering. That's no the point, though, he was stagnating with us and needed a move to freshen things up, both for him and for us. He was never likely to go abroad, and every side at the top is a rival of ours.

It's sad, but it was always going to happen when he was released.