Steve Clarke joins Liverpool as coach

bjd
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9353787.stm

Before all the standard Liverpool/Scouser nonsense starts id just like to say well done on getting this big job, and best of luck apart from when he plays Chelsea naturally.

Surprised he hasnt become a manager in his own right yet, but he is a great guy and has played a big part in our history.

I would suggest he has his work cut out up there though.

Before all the standard Liverpool/Scouser nonsense starts id just like to say well done on getting this big job, and best of luck apart from when he plays Chelsea naturally.

Surprised he hasnt become a manager in his own right yet, but he is a great guy and has played a big part in our history.

I would suggest he has his work cut out up there though.

I echo the sentiments, although would have loved him to be at the Bridge right now!

Think Clarkey is always destined to be a no. 2. Just don't think he has enough about him to be a top manager in his own right.

Would wish him good luck but as it's Liverp**l, I can't quite bring myself to it.

So they now have a chief exec who has openly admitted to being a season ticket owning Chelsea fan, an ex chelsea right back, an ex Chelsea assistant manager and legend, and "the final piece of the jigsaw" who just happens to be ex Chelsea. They really do want to be us, how flattering.

Liverpool have appointed former Chelsea and West Ham assistant Steve Clarke as their first team coach.

Clarke, 47, represents Liverpool's first major change since new manager Kenny Dalglish took over from former boss Roy Hodgson on Saturday.

Dalglish said: "Steve is a great addition to our team and I'm delighted we've been able to bring him in.

A shame I was hoping he'd come back to us in the future. Scousers gain is our loss I guess.

Just seen on sky sports that clarkey gone to the dippers to work alonglside kenny dalglish and sammy lee at liverpool. Really think he should have come back here, emanalo from all accounts is a top class scout, and paul clement has the potential to be top class assistant. But none of these have the dug out experience for carlo to bounce ideas off when games aren't going well. I think the very least carlo needs is someone he's worked with years or someone as knowledgable as a Clarke or Wilkins.

Agent Clarke almost ruined the gypo`s until they twigged and got rid of him, heres hoping hes learnt and can take the dippers down.

Damn you geezer.... :Connie_threaten:

Edited by dkw