Joe Cole

Ben

He did say some stupid stuff when he joined the rat munchers, but he doesn't come across as the brightest spark, but does come over as a nice bloke. I won't be booing him if he plays on sunday.

What about you?

No way, poor lad has fallen from grace and as you have said not the sharpest tool.

Think he will receive polite applause if anything.

Laughter every time he gets on the ball would be alot funnier.

Glad to see this is the reaction here. I hope the first thing heard from the home fans is a song for Torres, followed swiftly by a song for Joe. We are better than them, and I hope Joe doesnt recieve stick just becuase Torres is hearing it form the scousers.

I was reading something today where John Terry was taliking about Joe and how he was a Chelsea boy at West Ham and he still is now, how all the players here wish him well and hope he will get his form back.

I agree with JT, Joe won't be playing Sunday but if he did I'd be happy to behave better than the scousers will over Torres.

Ahhhh sing Joe a song.... Something about playing on Thursdeeeee! hahaha

I dont see anything wrong with busting Joe's chops as long as it isnt over the top/personally offencive. Let him know he shoulda stayed for less money....hahah, as if he doesnt already know.....

Edit: Took out the double negative to save myself from Mois wrath!

Edited by Barry Bridges

I wouldnt like to see him boo`ed, but I wouldnt be bothered it he takes a bit of stick. I was one who wasnt impressed by the way he barely mentioned the fans here and the support he received over the years when he left for the dippers, but I have never been one for boo`ing my own players, no matter what. Other than Durie obviously, and Poyet. the w**kers.

He left on the free so it was not as if it was an Ashley Cole type situation. I don't think any fans feel he left our Blues worse off for the way he took off either, it ws agreed on both side he could go.

I don't see many boo's if he does play.

I was reading something today where John Terry was taliking about Joe and how he was a Chelsea boy at West Ham and he still is now, how all the players here wish him well and hope he will get his form back.

I agree with JT, Joe won't be playing Sunday but if he did I'd be happy to behave better than the scousers will over Torres.

If thats the hopefully the first teamers will be over chatting him up during warm ups and joking around. Something like that to get the crowd off his back.

I too find his situation comical, but I dont dislike him beyond the fact that he wears "that" shirt now.

NO WAY

any ex player who has given his best for the club when he was here should get good reception, unless he slags the club off after leaving

joey (for me) will always be a blue diamond.................my kids grew up watching him and on his day he was brilliant for us

he's here, he's there he's.................................

NO WAY

any ex player who has given his best for the club when he was here should get good reception, unless he slags the club off after leaving

joey (for me) will always be a blue diamond.................my kids grew up watching him and on his day he was brilliant for us

he's here, he's there he's.................................

I agree. Why would we boo him. He was great for us and we should thank him for that.

To boo Cole would be to acknowledge bitterness over his departure. I, for one, am thrilled he's gone. He's a worthless player nowadays, he belongs at Liverpool.

I would feel for him if he hadn\t joined a team we all hate.

From the official site, JT on Joe Cole:

'I just love Coley as a character, when we'd go away for two or three days and he'd just pack a toothbrush, toothpaste and a spare pair of pants, in the smallest bag.

'Everyone else had big holdalls and he had his mobile, that was it, he was just really random. He'd get off the bus and he'd have forgotten his phone, or his glasses, or his bag. He'd get in and ask if I had his bag, and I'd say, "No I've got my own bag, why haven't you got yours?"

'That sums him up, but on the pitch he was different class and a great lad to have around the place as well.'

LINK (full article)