Is The Jury Really Out On Carlo

barak81

I'm sure this will be met by the usual abuse for any one who dares utter a negative word against anything Chelsea but I have sat through the last month and half with the rest of you, and like the rest of you I don't get paid to do it (Carlo does) so I reserve my right to say what i want.

Never liked the idea as Carlo as manager, posted this regularly over the last year but one Scacdeto in 8 years at a Milan side filed with absolute enviable talent is ridiculous. Any time Capello had a team in that league he did not get a look in.

Yes he won the double last year. Yes it was a great achievement but quite honestly with the loss of Ronaldo from united we should have won that league a lot more comfortably than we did!

I have read stuff on here like its the players, its not poor Carlo... feck that. 1 loss is the players... hell 3 or 4 bad results is the players, A run like this is a manager and if you dont know that you know feck all about football.

If your players aren't playing the way you need them to you change things, training, tactics, personnel. Why we play with a DM against bottom of the league when goals are hard to come by is beyond me. If your players are being lazy and not pulling there weight you play different players.. Josh, sturidge and kakuta from the start. How are you going to motivate players that know they will start no matter how they play. Will the players be on the training ground for an extra session tomorrow.. sweet old uncle Carlo will probably give them the day of to go shopping, poor old players are probably a bit tired.

We have lost that winning mentality and the best way to sum Carlo up is look up north and the job ferguson is doing and has done with little money and quite frankly a combination of most of the squad actually older than ours and the others being very mediocre, maybe two or 3 look special and are still to come in to there prime. But he has that some thing that pushes his players on regardless and their quality.

In fairness there aren't many managers in the world that can make a team believe that blindly but Carlo isn't even in the top 10.

If your going to come on and have senseless knocks at my post and attitude save your finger space... if you disagree but can constructively point out the reason please by all means tell me where I'm wrong

I doubt getting rid of him will make any difference, if it does it will only be negative. It's the players who are sh*t. Okay, his subsitutions and tactics aren't great, but I can't see who else could come in and get them firing again.

I'm sure this will be met by the usual abuse for any one who dares utter a negative word against anything chelsea but I have sat through the last month and half with the rest of you, and like the rest of you I dont get paid to do it (carlo does) so I reserve my right to say what i want.

Never liked the idea as carlo as manager, posted this regularly over the last year but one scacdeto in 8 years at a milan side filed with absaloute enviable talent is rediculess. Any time capello had a team in that league he did not get a look in.

Yes he won the double last year. Yes it was a great achievement but quite honestly with the loss of ronaldo from united we should have won that league a lot more comfortably than we did!

I have read stuff on here like its the players, its not poor carlo... feck that. 1 loss is the players... hell 3 or 4 bad results is the players, A run like this is a manager and if you dont know that you know feck all about football.

If your players arnt playing the way you need them to you change things, training, tactics, personel. Why we play with a DM against botom of the league when goals are hard to come by is beyond me. If your players are being lazy and not pulling there wight you play different players.. Josh, sturidge and kacuta from the start. How are you going to motivate players that know they will start no matter how they play. Will the players be on the training ground for an extra seshin tommorow.. sweet old uncle carlo will probably give them the day of to go shopping, poor old players are probably a bit tierd.

We have lost that winning mentality and the best way to sum carlo up is look up north and the job ferguson is doing and has done with little money and quite frankly a combination of most of the squad actually older than ours and the others being very medioca, maybe two or 3 look special and are still to come in to there prime. But he has that some thing that pushes his players on regardles od there qualitys.

In fairness there arnt many managers in the world that can make a team believe that blidnly but carlo isnt even in the top 10.

If your going to come on and have senceless knocks at my post and attitude save your finger space... if you disagree but can contructly point out the reason please by all means tell me where I'm wrong

No, a run like this shows that we have players who just cannot do it anymore. Age, attitude, you name it. Don't put all the blame on Carlo.

Sorry Mod but it think I can justify a few written "f**cks" trust me, its a lot better than what has been flying out of my mouth.

I sugest we stop the rot while we can. If the possibility of gus returning on a part time basis while we asses are options is availible I would take it.

Going to get shot for this but sparky or robby D shouldnt be rulled out... and there is always RUUD!!!

Bloody hell. Go on, who else would you hire? As I said in another thread even José would struggle with this squad. For f**ks sake, they're essentially the same core players (Cech, Essien, JT, Lamps, Drogba) that won the 06 title minus the strength in depth. Carlo did wonders to win the title for us last year in style- admittedly losing to Wolves feels sh*t but who on earth is going to want to manage us if we sack our manager every 12 months, 6 months after we've won the Double? How long did Wenger/Fergie, even bloody Claudio Ranieri go without winning a trophy?

Can we keep Carlo and sack some of these plastic fans instead? Its not Carlo's fault we missed a penalty in the final minute vs Spurs, or let villa equalise, or let everton equalize. That would have been 6 more points and we'd be well in the title race.

However, Carlo is at fault for not changing things when they clearly arent working with the same starting 11.

He has earned the chance to be given time to redeem himself when he helped us win the double.

Stop being ungrateful. We weren't winning much before he arrived, so he done something right and he will do it again

Ill take your plastic fan jibe and garantee you I have been around to see form equaly as bad as this if not worse and players of far less quality put a hell of a lot more effort in.

Gogo_ed... are you affecticngly saying we are a relagation side now, because that is what are form suggests we are. we have quality in this team, and its not as shalow as some are making out, the problem is we dont have any one to manage it..

Guest Sindre

Sorry Mod but it think I can justify a few written "f**cks" trust me, its a lot better than what has been flying out of my mouth.

I sugest we stop the rot while we can. If the possibility of gus returning on a part time basis while we asses are options is availible I would take it.

Going to get shot for this but sparky or robby D shouldnt be rulled out... and there is always RUUD!!!

Think he was reffering to "Zola". I have supported Ancelotti for as long as i can, but something needs to be done.

Bloody hell. Go on, who else would you hire? As I said in another thread even José would struggle with this squad. For f**ks sake, they're essentially the same core players (Cech, Essien, JT, Lamps, Drogba) that won the 06 title minus the strength in depth. Carlo did wonders to win the title for us last year in style- admittedly losing to Wolves feels sh*t but who on earth is going to want to manage us if we sack our manager every 12 months, 6 months after we've won the Double? How long did Wenger/Fergie, even bloody Claudio Ranieri go without winning a trophy?

I was gonna quote phillip but this sums up my thoughts even better.

Cant believe we are saying "look at Ferguson" when its well known Ferguson is a generational talent, one of the best managers ever, and is working with a squad of 27 players who have seen through an injury crisis without shifting 32 year old fullbacks into the center of defense.

We have seen this team falter before. I remember 2 years ago, when we limped to the FA cup after a disasterous season, and it looked like the squad needed to be flushed clean and totally rebuilt because it was a bunch of past-their-prime players who seemed to lose motivation during the season. Then Carlo came in, and gave us the best domestic season in Chelsea history.

Now, the same thing is setting in and people want to do it all over again. Christ, were gonna be hiring Martin O'Neill or Sparky Hughes, and youll be missing Carlo soon enough.

Ill take your plastic fan jibe and garantee you I have been around to see form equaly as bad as this if not worse and players of far less quality put a hell of a lot more effort in.

Gogo_ed... are you affecticngly saying we are a relagation side now, because that is what are form suggests we are. we have quality in this team, and its not as shalow as some are making out, the problem is we dont have any one to manage it..

Its not just you, people have been calling for Carlo's head for weeks. We are on a horrible run, are we going to sack managers every time we lose a few games? We haven't had any stability for years, players can under perform and who cares? they'll just wait for the next manager to show up and then start to play a bit.

We had 30 shots away at birmingham, what more could Carlo do that game?

I wont be surprised if he does get the boot. Lets get the revolving door going again, works great for madrid

Think he was reffering to "Zola". I have supported Ancelotti for as long as i can, but something needs to be done.

As long as you can was less than a month into this crisis. Dont pretend like youre some kind of convert to the "sack carlo" crowd, when you have been going apoplectic over every damn decision since we first lost to Sunderland

Bring in a new manager now, if they can, so he has plenty of time to assess the squad for before the summer and then let him buy/ sell as he see fit in the summer.

My pick would be Villa Boas. He is doing great at Porto. Billed as Jose mark 2. He will be at a top european side soon, lets not miss out.

Edited by JJtheBlue

I was gonna quote phillip but this sums up my thoughts even better.

Cant believe we are saying "look at Ferguson" when its well known Ferguson is a generational talent, one of the best managers ever, and is working with a squad of 27 players who have seen through an injury crisis without shifting 32 year old fullbacks into the center of defense.

We have seen this team falter before. I remember 2 years ago, when we limped to the FA cup after a disasterous season, and it looked like the squad needed to be flushed clean and totally rebuilt because it was a bunch of past-their-prime players who seemed to lose motivation during the season. Then Carlo came in, and gave us the best domestic season in Chelsea history.

Now, the same thing is setting in and people want to do it all over again. Christ, were gonna be hiring Martin O'Neill or Sparky Hughes, and youll be missing Carlo soon enough.

/b]

i think new investment is needed so a bit more rotation can be acquired and then you might be able to blood the youngsters in a bit as well i for one hope carlo doesnt get sacked

Edited by moti9platoon

What makes you think that once Carlo goes that will be that?. This is the same man who won the double last season whatever has happened we will never know.The squad to small to many players coming to the end of the road,youngsters not quit ready yet the Russian upstairs so many things going on the list is long.The only thing I'm surprised about how we got 5 points clear at the top,be careful what you wish for?.What chance will the next man who comes in have half way through a season with the same old players still there if we do want a new manager wait until the end of the season for once Roman do this right ::ChELSeAFaN::

Can we keep Carlo and sack some of these plastic fans instead? Its not Carlo's fault we missed a penalty in the final minute vs Spurs, or let villa equalise, or let everton equalize. That would have been 6 more points and we'd be well in the title race.

However, Carlo is at fault for not changing things when they clearly arent working with the same starting 11.

He has earned the chance to be given time to redeem himself when he helped us win the double.

Stop being ungrateful. We weren't winning much before he arrived, so he done something right and he will do it again

Well said ::clap2::