Vintage Blues pictures and film

5 hours ago, old git said:

I can just make out the name 'Accent' on one of the speakers so I googled it and, sure enough, there was a casuals band of this name.

Their bassist, Mick Robinson, still goes to the Bridge these days. They had a single out called "We Are Lost" around the time they performed on the pitch. I saw them at the Rock Garden a couple of times. They split up when the lead singer f**ked off to the States to try and further his career...............

10 hours ago, erskblue said:

Understudy for Mr Blobby!' Ouch !!

As a former goalkeeper myself, of limited ability, that is some insult. Even after all these years...

This is really spooky ersk and a bit X files but I put that post up last night, and about an hour a go, my old captain txt me to ask if I fancied playing for their veterans team, now I haven't spoken to him or played for 12 years, and out the blue that txt, I darent ask if that shirts still about, but how weird is that, (return of Mr blobby) to be fair I'm well chuffed, as we use to sing "Eddie, Eddie Eddie"

2 hours ago, chi blue said:

This is really spooky ersk and a bit X files but I put that post up last night, and about an hour a go, my old captain txt me to ask if I fancied playing for their veterans team, now I haven't spoken to him or played for 12 years, and out the blue that txt, I darent ask if that shirts still about, but how weird is that, (return of Mr blobby) to be fair I'm well chuffed, as we use to sing "Eddie, Eddie Eddie"

Spooky right enough. All the best with your goalkeeping comeback.

Regarding the 85/86 picture. If the club hadn’t played two home games during a bad winter ( who remembers clearing the pitch and terraces for Leicester and Oxford!) especially without Dixon injured and speedo suspended.

I think we could of one the league that year. But with Ian McNeil going and Hollins bringing in Ernie Walley, it was the beginning of the end for this great squad.

52 minutes ago, Boyne said:

Image may contain: grass, stadium and outdoor

With all these Lego stadiums around now, this was a spectacular sight especially next to the open terraces. I said on here once before, night games when you walked into the forecourt and the flood lights were on and this beast was towering above gave me goose bumps.I haven't sat up there for years, usually east lower and now Matthew Harding lower, I might do a cup game up there remenic a bit.

20 hours ago, Richard P said:

Regarding the 85/86 picture. If the club hadn’t played two home games during a bad winter ( who remembers clearing the pitch and terraces for Leicester and Oxford!) especially without Dixon injured and speedo suspended.

I think we could of one the league that year. But with Ian McNeil going and Hollins bringing in Ernie Walley, it was the beginning of the end for this great squad.

2 hours ago, bluehaze said:

By name and nature. Was supposed to be a real sergeant major type.

It was a great squad that season. Agree, we could have won the league that year. Remember sensing the excitement of us having a great chance of winning. Bringing in Walley was a strange decision. I recall the disbelief about him being appointed.

8 hours ago, Boyne said:

I'm not sure if this picture has already been posted. Looks like it was taken in the late eighties or early nineties.

Image may contain: one or more people, people walking, people standing, crowd and outdoor

That adidas jacket fourth from the left might well be a Glasgow Rangers jacket. If so then these jackets were only on sale from about summer 1992. So this picture could well be 1992/93.

4 hours ago, Boyne said:

It was a great squad that season. Agree, we could have won the league that year. Remember sensing the excitement of us having a great chance of winning. Bringing in Walley was a strange decision. I recall the disbelief about him being appointed.

Agreed about us having a great chance of the title that season.

From memory, seasons 1984/85,85/86 and 86/87 were seasons when a few sides had a real chance of winning the title. Instead of the then Liverpool domination of the League. And I accept that they won the double in 1985/86.

1 hour ago, erskblue said:

That adidas jacket fourth from the left might well be a Glasgow Rangers jacket. If so then these jackets were only on sale from about summer 1992. So this picture could well be 1992/93.

@erskblue Thanks for the info. I think that one of my cousins had the Rangers jacket.