Luiz

Alex

Oriol

McEachran

Mereiles

Lukaku

Anelka

Malouda

This team should be too strong for them.

I would play Boswinga, Anelka and Malouda on the understanding that they won't play the following Saturday in the league. Each of them needs to find a bit of form and this may be the opportunity. Oriol should play on the understanding that he will play on Saturday, as surely his time has come to replace Mikel. I would have a strong bench .. just in case.

I don't think you can take any Champions League team that easy away from home, I'd start:

---------------Cech

-Bosingwa---Luiz---Alex---Cole

--------------Romeu

-------Meireles---Lampard

-Mata----------------------Anelka

---------------Torres

I would rather we played Ivan at right back to start getting a back four settled that is more capable of defending properly. I know it is thought to be an easy match but we should use it to get some confidence back and take the opportunity to try and keep a clean sheet as well as getting three points.

I would, however, not start with Mata as he is too important for us in the league. I would also play Sturridge again to try and get yesterday's performance out of his system.

I would like to see:

---------------Cech

Ivan---Luiz---JT---------Bertrand

--------------Romeu

---Ramires----Josh------Meireles

---------Mata-----------

---------------Torres---------

Onwards and upwards ..

Turnbull

Boswinga

Bertrand

Luiz

Alex

Oriol

McEachran

Mereiles

Lukaku

Anelka

Malouda

This team should be too strong for them.

I would play Boswinga, Anelka and Malouda on the understanding that they won't play the following Saturday in the league. Each of them needs to find a bit of form and this may be the opportunity. Oriol should play on the understanding that he will play on Saturday, as surely his time has come to replace Mikel. I would have a strong bench .. just in case.

I really can't see a goal in that front three!!

Lukaku has a good record against Genk ;)

Besides, Luiz will be playing as an auxiliary striker.

Lukaku cant play, not in CL squad.

Edited by dkw

Vital to get back this winning ways as fast as possible. Start the team that plays against Blackburn and gain some confidence by getting a clean-sheet and a win hopefully. Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Romeu, Ramires, Lampard, Mata, Torres, Sturridge.

Let's get back on track with a dominant win and a clean sheet. A few of the players from the Arsenal game are gonna need to play in order to get some confidence and momentum back. I agree with loz that we need to get a settled back four in place and there's no time like the present to drop Bosingwa. I'd especially play Cech so he can make amends for his horror show at the weekend, and JT who is probably feeling a bit sheepish after that slip.

-------------------------Cech

Ivanovic-------Luiz----------Terry-------Cole/Bertrand

------------------------Romeu

----------------Meireles-----Lampard

-------Sturridge-----Torres------Malouda

Lukaku, Josh & Bertrand not in CL squad. Drogba should come back for this one. Needs match fitness and to regain some form.

Tempted to play Paulo at left back to give Ash a rest. My team:

.....................Cech..............

Ivan.........Luiz......Alex..........Paulo

..........Romeu...............

.........Meireles............Ramires..........

......Anelka......Drogba...........Kalou.....

One of my first posts :D. The team I would put out would be: (4-2-2-2) Cech; Cole, Terry, Alex, Ivanovic; Luiz, Romeu; Mata, Ramires; Sturridge, Torres. With Sturridge sitting slightly behind the striker. Mata would be able to sit behind the strikers along with Luiz pushing forward into midfield making it a 4-1-2-1-2

Let's win this one and get some confidence back and to secure our path to the next round.It's likely to be:

GK

Boswinga Luiz JT Cole

Romeu

Meireles Lampard

Mata Torres Anelka

I'm still amazed Betrand is not in the team, I thought he had a British passport. This is the kind of game he should play, and by form last week he's not a bad player at all.

Josh and Bertrand are in the B squad, so are available due to their age. Well..Josh is, now I think about it I'm not sure about Bertrand.

Yes you're right about Josh. He is available as a home grown player but Bertrand isn't for some reason.

Couple of changes to above. I would get Ramieres in as he has had a short break and could do with a bit more time. Or perhpas use him as a sub fo rthe last 15 mins.

Lukaku up front rather than Anelka.

Lukaku isnt in the CL squad so cant play.