Joe Allen at Swansea ... Better than Josh ?

Star

Swans 3 v 2 Gooners - BR has got those taffs playing super passing football, on a fraction of the money and talent that Chelsea have. You could argue needs must, but this team out played the gooners today and quite frankly played much better than I've seen Chelsea do all season. Think Scott Sinclar was let go for under a mill, 5 prem goals this season and looked good down the left - a lot better than Malouda. Currently AVB and us lot can only dream of Chelsea playing the fast paced passing attacking football that I have just witnessed.

Thank you to the Swans for opening up a 4 point gap for Chelsea ::clap2::

I doubt we would have let Josh go if Swansea hadn't guaranteed playing time, PVA to Wigan and Kakuta to Fulham are lessons learnt.

We should never loan players to Wigan. They wasted Sinclair down there, & PVA.

Is he that good?

Class player, makes passing into an art. What I like about him is that he is always looking for the killer pass, will keep the ball well but show him even the smallest bit of space and he will make you regret it. Started off well in Germany, but lost his place due to competition from others as well as injury if I recall correctly.

Will make it really hard for Josh to get into the team, but I for one hope the manager plays them together.

I'd say it's between Josh and Sigurdsson for the third spot in the midfield, but that doesn't make it an easier task for Jsoh. I did tell people before that he wouldn't be guaranteed a place which is why I suggested other sides he might be better off going on loan to.

But Brendan Rodger is a class act and there is no way he would take Josh on loan and then not play him. He will ease him in and no doubt rotate the midfield players as and when fixtures come thick and fast.

Swansea were a joy to watch today. Was just as despera\te for them to hold onto their 3-2 lead as I was for us to hold onto our 1-0 lead yesterday!!

I know,i would much prefer we were in swanseas position than ours. Our players should hang there headd in shame......

Come on dkw, you know what he's getting at.

Swansea are a newly promoted team with very little money and capacity crowds of about 20k and yet they have assmbled a squad of players who are playing unbelievably good football compared to ourselves at the moment who can spend £50m on one player and struggle to break teams down.

I think we wont play like that until we move ground, we need a bigger pitch in order to give the players more space to create things. Swansea's pitch looked a pretty decent size much bigger then ours so they have more space to open up teams which are use to smaller pitches.

But Brendan Rodger is a class act and there is no way he would take Josh on loan and then not play him. He will ease him in and no doubt rotate the midfield players as and when fixtures come thick and fast.

Swansea were a joy to watch today. Was just as despera\te for them to hold onto their 3-2 lead as I was for us to hold onto our 1-0 lead yesterday!!

I'm not saying he wont' play, I'm saying he's not guaranteed a start which many thought he would be when championing Swansea as the place to send Josh. He's going to have to work hard to get into that midfield, no doubt.

Come on dkw, you know what he's getting at.

Swansea are a newly promoted team with very little money and capacity crowds of about 20k and yet they have assmbled a squad of players who are playing unbelievably good football compared to ourselves at the moment who can spend £50m on one player and struggle to break teams down.

And Chelsea are a team in building, with a new manager and coaching staff. Anyone who thought we would be playing free flowing brilliant football for immediately was kidding themselves. To say we have been let down by the players and AVB halfway through the season is just ridiculous, especially as we are still in 3 competitions.

I see lots of Swansea players are getting a lot of praise here (and rightfully so) but no mention of Leon Britton's pass rate - best in Europe. Second best is Xavi, third Iniesta.

Not a bad bunch of players to be alongside (or indeed, above!)

Honestly I'm not sure Swansea is the best move for Josh the more you look into this... Brendan is an amazing manager and will try to get the best from him, but he actually faces a lot of competition there. Moreso than the majority of PL clubs.

I see lots of Swansea players are getting a lot of praise here (and rightfully so) but no mention of Leon Britton's pass rate - best in Europe. Second best is Xavi, third Iniesta.

Not a bad bunch of players to be alongside (or indeed, above!)

Honestly I'm not sure Swansea is the best move for Josh the more you look into this... Brendan is an amazing manager and will try to get the best from him, but he actually faces a lot of competition there. Moreso than the majority of PL clubs.

......in fact you could look at the two midfields right now and be of the opinion it would be easier to get into our midfield than Swansea's (if you were looking for some creativity that is!)