So who has done what and where?

yorkleyblue

OK, this is a genuine question that has been interesting me for a while now. Given that we all post our match-day line-ups, and we can all see where the manager has gone wrong with his selection and the team have gone wrong with their skill-level or their commitment, my question is this

Is there anyone in this forum who has had anything to do with football at a high level?

My secondary question is

What level have we all got to in our footballing careers?

My footballing experience ends with played right wing-half and right fullback for the St Mary's Convent School first team and our achievements were

Wiltshire Schools Knockout Cup Winners 1968, 1969, Losing finalists 1970

North Wilts Under-17 Sunday League Winners 1970-72 inclusive

North Wilts Under-17 Sunday League Cup Winners 1971 (or it might have been 72)

Err, that's it.

So, over to you lot. Who has played professionally, who has managed a top, top club (copyright Ol' Twitchy Enterprises), who has refereed in a World Cup semi-final?

Well i'm 51 now but i played for surrey when i was at school and won a surrey 5 a side tournament and runners up medal,also used to play against colin pates,a player called mark dennis who went on to play for palace,southampton when i played against their school.Went on to play in the same side as those two called mitcham royals alongside micky fillary,had a trial for palace,but started to get pissed up with my mates instead of going training(always hated training).I was a good kid till i was about 14/15 when my parents divorved and went off the rails,so instead of my dad giving me a kick up the arse i was left to do what i wanted,hence drinking up the park with my mates,I went to a chelsea old boys game not long ago and saw colin and went up to talk to him,and remember this is 35 years on since i played with him,and he said straight away,alright kingy hows things.I was well chuffed he remembered me.Come to think of it played with them for surrey too.

Edited by cfc kingy

I played for a number of Sunday teams in South London, never played Saturdays if I could help it as I'd be off to see Chelsea. None of my teams achieved anything, though I'm sure that's got nothing to do with our tradition of drinking a couple of crates of light ale at half-time.

Just remembered, I got a medal when my school team Marazion, won the Mullion 6-a-side tournament in Cornwall - I was about 10. Ah, the taste of glory!

Played lots of Sunday football, also had 2 seasons playing Saturdays in a team one division below the Kent league (so old now can't remember the name of the team let alone the league)

The last Sunday team was quite a good standard (at that level) won a couple of promotions and got to 2 cup finals.

Oh and for my school team and we won the kent cup, I believe at under 15 level, but could of been under 14!

Edited by shedpensioner

I played from when I was eight on and off until I was sixteen and Cars took over my interest, carried on playing but not with any dedication and wasted what a couple of reasonable teams coaches down in Kent said was some decent ability,

I played what back then was called inside right mostly and although I stopped playing when I was eighteen as I always wanted to be at Santa Pod when a game was on, I did go back and play again at the age of 28, the oldest player in the team was 22 but I still managed to do pretty well for a couple of seasons until injuries just kept coming and not wanting to go away.

I found Darts was a bit less painful and started developing the beer belly.

Allt that gives me every right to feel I know better than the Managers and Players at any of the top clubs so if you need to understand anything, I'm here to help :laugh2:

Allt that gives me every right to feel I know better than the Managers and Players at any of the top clubs so if you need to understand anything, I'm here to help :laugh2:

You and me both, Chris, I reckon me and you would make a great management team at the Bridge - watch this space! :wink:

Well I've been Chelsea manager for over 10 years now, I've reached the 2021 season and won the league 7 times, champions league 3 times and FA cup 4 times. Obviously I'm talking about Football manager but I see that as some sort of achievement haha!

On a serious note though I was offered a place to play for Fulham when I was 10, I had a trial and was sucessful. Unfortunately though I had to move out of the country when it happened so was unable to do it. Bummer. Could be playing for Chelsea.

You and me both, Chris, I reckon me and you would make a great management team at the Bridge - watch this space! :wink:

My memory's shot mate, I was going to mention the kids teams I played for, we used to use Rosehill commen and the Manager was I think Dave green, I wonder if you'd have been around back then? about 66/67 I think it was.

I recon if we were managing Chelsea we'd be spoken of on here as the special 2....just not sure if special would be meant in a good way.

I have some coaching experience as I am a high school teacher. Nothing serious... yet.

I referee futsal 1 - 2 nights per week. That's about 8 games or so every week over the last two years. I also play futsal another night of the week.

And the usual managing Chelsea on FM credentials.

My memory's shot mate, I was going to mention the kids teams I played for, we used to use Rosehill commen and the Manager was I think Dave green, I wonder if you'd have been around back then? about 66/67 I think it was.

I recon if we were managing Chelsea we'd be spoken of on here as the special 2....just not sure if special would be meant in a good way.

1966/67 I was living in Cornwall, returned to Mitcham in 1968. When I was at Gaynesford, our school sports day was always at Tweedale, just down the road from Rose Hill. I remember winning the 100 yards and 200 yards, but getting beaten in the 440 by a lad in cut-downs and hob nail boots, lol.

The Special Two, it's got a certain ring to it!

Represented county level and played for preston north end up until i was 18, went to california and coached for a couple of years as thats what my uncle is quite famous for (in cali anyway). so ive got U.S. coaching badges up to and including c.

nowadays its 5 a side, and pes/fm!

Played for my local team when I was younger. Got picked up by palace, played there for abit. Later left, going back to local team. we won the london cup. The next season moved on to dulwich hamlet (lovely pitches). Now at uni playing.

I really don't want to discuss standing in goal and admiring the trees behind me, then hearing yells and turning around to see the ball trickle over my goal line. They all thought I was having a slash.

Adversity builds character, they say. Still waiting for that bit.

Played CB pretty much my whole career (with a few dalliances at DM and RB), played county schoolboys etc. Managed to play as a trialist for my local semi pro team for about half a season, mainly because they had loads of injuries. Played for many local Saturday and Sunday league teams, lucky enough to have won pretty much everything I could in the local leagues. Still play 5`s and 6`s twice a week, though just knock about with mates now, my knees cant take too much anymore unfortunately. Played last night on astro turf with work, luckily it was 10 a side so I could basically stay in the centre circle knocking passes around. I only covered about 5 yards all game, lovely.