Steven Gerrard is not the messiah

What with Liverpool on the decline, I'd just like to say how pleasing it is for me to see them falling lower and lower down the league.

Because of this, i just want to celebrate the fact all the history loving Liverpool fans are FINALLY starting to realise Gerrard is not the messiah and this link should be exactly why Liverpool fans need to calm down with their praise of the man.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ool/4653041.stm

He isn't 'Mr Liverpool' , just another money grabbing footballer who beats up locals and sleeps with random women

I like Steven Gerrard, think he's a world class player who unfortunately for him has always been surrounded by average players apart from Alonso and Torres, he pretty much carried Liverpool with Torres at one time.

Alonso, Torres, Mascherano, Reina, Agger, Kuyt...he's been surrounded by plenty of quality. Lucas is clearly a much more influential player at this point in time, no question about it. And then there's the fact that Gerrard is a massive c**t. I remain thankful that he never put on our top.

From RAWK last night:

Eight Points from 12 League games since Gerrards return at the turn of the year.

Gerrard has started 10 league games this season

P.........10

W.........1

D.........3

L..........6

.6 pts per game with Gerrard starting

36 Points from 21 games without Gerrard starting 1.72pts per game without Walk, Walk, Stroll, get the ball Run, Lose it, walk, walk, stroll playing.

The 1.72 points over the thirty one games we have played would put us in fifth place within striking distance of Spurs

I like Steven Gerrard, think he's a world class player who unfortunately for him has always been surrounded by average players apart from Alonso and Torres, he pretty much carried Liverpool with Torres at one time.

You like Steven Gerrard? wtf?

I hate the c**t with a passion, just as much as I hate liverpool fc.

Oh what pleasure I derive from seeing the messiah (in reality useless twat of a manager, but doing a great job as far as I'm concerned) struugling to keep control as the team implodes! Oh how I love it! He's f**ked up from start to finish! Defending the indefensible in Suarez' racist behaviour, signing Carroll, Henderson, Downing, Adam... The beauty of it is that the deluded scousers revere Dalglish so much that the owners daren't sack him. HA HA...

You like Steven Gerrard? wtf?

I hate the c**t with a passion, just as much as I hate liverpool fc.

Oh what pleasure I derive from seeing the messiah (in reality useless twat of a manager, but doing a great job as far as I'm concerned) struugling to keep control as the team implodes! Oh how I love it! He's f**ked up from start to finish! Defending the indefensible in Suarez' racist behaviour, signing Carroll, Henderson, Downing, Adam... The beauty of it is that the deluded scousers revere Dalglish so much that the owners daren't sack him. HA HA...

I love it when a post oozes genuine venom!

I'm a little unclear how wicksy feels about LFC and Gerrard. :laugh2:

I really should avoid posting at this time of night, especially after an evening in the pub.

I'll try again...

...ok, I respect Liverpool for their unique history and all their wonderful achievements!! :ohmy:

I really should avoid posting at this time of night, especially after an evening in the pub.

I'll try again...

...ok, I respect Liverpool for their unique history and all their wonderful achievements!! :ohmy:

:liar: :liar:

I'll try again...

Your previous post made me laugh. How much did you have to drink to type the last sentence above?

What with Liverpool on the decline, I'd just like to say how pleasing it is for me to see them falling lower and lower down the league.

Because of this, i just want to celebrate the fact all the history loving Liverpool fans are FINALLY starting to realise Gerrard is not the messiah and this link should be exactly why Liverpool fans need to calm down with their praise of the man.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ool/4653041.stm

He isn't 'Mr Liverpool' , just another money grabbing footballer who beats up locals and sleeps with random women

If this is your first post here sir, I would say you are well on your way to being a legend.

• 1 month later...

I do respect Gerrard though because I like it when someone stays with a team for their whole career - shows dedication and not many footballers can say they've stayed with one team. Seems like a decent man to be honest.

My heart is with Chelsea though and just a shame he is with a team I don't generally like!

I think he's a quality player who's made the mistake of letting his heart rule his head. He should have joined us when he had the chance. Now he will never get the PL league winners medal he craves.

Ok, so we have a Stevie G thread based on BBC's article from 2005 and there's a 'Didier Drogba' thread on RAWK started 3 weeks ago with over 300 posts. And here I was worried some of Chelsea fans are obsessed about scousers

It is quite sad to see his decline really. I mean Frank has been struck by injuries as well over the past 12-18 months. But there he was last night splitting the defence for Drogba's goal.

There was a time you used to fear Gerrard getting a little space in your half. Not so much anymore.

He was an excellent player in his prime (somewhere around 2005-2009). Most of us know why: a stupendous long range shot, usually good passing ability, boundless stamina, plus the ability to drag teams along with him.

However, he's been severely blunted by injuries over the past couple of years, which has naturally affected his fitness and stamina quite badly. He still has his moments, but he's become horribly inconsistent. He still remains one of Liverpool's stand-out players when he's on the pitch but that's more a reflection on that team's disintegration since 2009 than anything else.

He`s obviously a quality player, but he just has no tactical or positional discipline at all and makes it difficult to play alongside him.

He`s obviously a quality player, but he just has no tactical or positional discipline at all and makes it difficult to play alongside him.

Which is the problem a lot of people fail to see when he plays for England, he routinely takes fellow players who are positioned alongside him out of the game by running across them and generally moving into what should be their space.