Greatest Moments as a Chelsea fan?

Eight Times

For me, that was right up there!

I've still never forgiven them for the hammering we took in the Worthington Cup semi final, not to mention

the Carling Cup final a few years back.

Other highlights:

Chelsea 5 Manchester Utd 0

FA Cup Final against Villa, not the best match, but my first final.....

The 2004 Carling Cup final against Liverpool

The league titles......the double, I was there blue%20scalf.gif

We've slagged these lads off a lot this season, but they were spot on today, and to go on

and win it with Di Matteo as the gaffer, would be beyond dreams.

Well done Chelsea.........the sh*te from the Lane's won f*ck all again.

HISTORY.

Man Utd 2 - Chelsea 3 . Bobby Campbells kids , gave us no chance , my first visit up there and did we enjoy ourselves.

Arse 1 - Chelsea 2 . Claudio's tears , Wayne bridge lashing it in , I think I may have done a Dickie (attenborough) myself.

Boro 0 - Chelsea 2. 1997 Fa Cup. Taped all the lead up to the match , got about 5 hours coverage and watched it til my eyes watered and still do.

Stuttgart 0 - Chelsea 1 . 1998 CWC. Sports Cafe , Haymarket , the place went crackers , absolutely nuts.

Too many more to mention

Some excellent choices there mate, here's to many more! :431:

Another special for me was in 1998, when we beat Leeds 1-0 through a Poyet goal, was the first

game I ever attended, my mother even let me skive school to go and watch it, we lived in Bath at the time.

99% sure that guaranteed us third place as well, thus Champions League football for the first time.

Some excellent choices there mate, here's to many more! :431:

Another special for me was in 1998, when we beat Leeds 1-0 through a Poyet goal, was the first

game I ever attended, my mother even let me skive school to go and watch it, we lived in Bath at the time.

99% sure that guaranteed us third place as well, thus Champions League football for the first time.

Correct :good:

All of the above, plus. 4-0 Vs Bruges cup winners cup 1971, 0-2 down from 1st leg and Ossie getting the agg equalizer with about 8 mins to go to take it to extra time.

But the icing on the cake has to be watching lamps stick the second in at Bolton to secure the title, cried like a baby at that.

yeah highbury 84 , dixon, chelsea everywhere that was a great day , same season we were 2 nil down at home to cov so me and my mate went to queue for spuds away tickets , we won 6 - 2 and i missed every chelsea goal ,that always makes me grin

I'm obviously not alone on this one, but there's something about Chelsea... It hurts seeing us play like we did for the most part of the season, but there's also matches like tonight's that just make my love for this club grow even more. Matches like v Citeh, Napoli, the spuds and tonight are the reason I follow Chelsea and will keep doing so until I die.

The passion our players can show in matches like this is just amazing. We didn't win this match with only quality, but with our hearts. I can take a loss against this lot on the return leg if the lads play like they did tonight.

Edited by DannyD

The 4-2 come back against Liverpool in the 1997 cup run was amazing, 2-0 down at half time and turned it round!

Beating arsenal in the champions league Quarter was fantastic!

The moment zola scored that cheeky flick against norwich.

to name but a few!

Good shout re Beating Arsenal in CL.

I'm obviously not alone on this one, but there's something about Chelsea... It hurts seeing us play like we did for the most part of the season, but there's also matches like tonight's that just make my love for this club grow even more. Matches like v Citeh, Napoli, the spuds and tonight are the reason I follow Chelsea and will keep doing so until I die.

The passion our players can show in matches like this is just amazing. We didn't win this match with only quality, but with our hearts. I can take a loss against this lot on the return leg if the lads play like they did tonight.

I agree that what hurts is the buggering about the same players got up to earlier in the season because they didn't like the manager and the pain that gave us all. TBH the whole AVB affair left everyone involved not smelling very nice. More to come in the summer I reckon.

In the meantime spank the spuds and screw the barca... I'm in a peculiar mood. :)

I watched that at home sitting on the floor. When Bridge scored, i did some strange sort of street dance type of manouvre, while letting out a srangled "aaaarrrrrggggghhhh" noise. I then did about 4 lengths of the front room..The mrs shouted down "shut up you idiot - you`ll wake the kids up." I replied "we`ve done the f**king gooners!!! She didnt have a clue what i was on about. Dont think i spilt any beer either which was a miracle.

Chelsea 0-2 Arsenal (FA Cup final 2002) - Not exactly a "great" moment, but an important one. I had just started getting into football towards the end of that season (we finished 6th then as well) and I think that was the first match I'd actually watched, having tried to follow some others on the radio. It cemented within me a hatred of Arsenal and the desire to see them and especially Ray Parlour, fail miserably in the future.

Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool - "That" game with goals from Desailly and Gronkjaer, plus a wonderful cameo by Zola. I thought we'd f**ked it up the week before losing to Aston Villa, but luckily Man City beat Liverpool on that same day with a late penalty from RObbie Fowler if memory serves, and we wrapped up 4th and CL football in style on the last day.

Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea (CL 1/4 final) - After Arsenal had beaten us constantly it was a great moment to finally beat the bar stewards and Claudio was very emotional afterwards. Don't like Wayne Bridge nowadays, but he did provide that wonderful moment.

Bolton 0-2 Chelsea - Yeah you know the game I mean. No explanations needed.

Chelsea 1-0 Charlton - Collecting the trophy for the first time in front of the home crowd. Claude Makelele missing a penalty and sticking home the rebound. Lenny Pidgely on for his only appearance in goal just for the lols. Amazing day.

Chelsea 3-0 Man Utd - Wrapping up the title at the bridge against Man Utd. We totally outplayed them and it was topped off by a mesmorising goal from Joey Cole, making Ferdinand look like a total twat (not that he needed much help in that regard)

Chelsea 4-2 Barcelona - The first 30 minutes of that were breathtaking. Everyone expected us to get beaten and we stormed into a 3-0 lead, ripping them to shreds. So much for Jose's boring defensive team, eh? And of course, what other way could we have won it but Captain Fantastic popping up with a late header.

Watch this space...

Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool - "That" game with goals from Desailly and Gronkjaer, plus a wonderful cameo by Zola. I thought we'd f**ked it up the week before losing to Aston Villa, but luckily Man City beat Liverpool on that same day with a late penalty from RObbie Fowler if memory serves, and we wrapped up 4th and CL football in style on the last day.

Brilliant day, with the best player ever having his moment after the final whistle as well!