Winning the FA Cup, or taking 4th spot?

Eight Times

Winning the FA Cup, or taking 4th spot?   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather win the FA Cup, or make the top 4?

Shouldn't even be a question!

Winning something is far more important than finishing fourth!

Winning a trophy creates a winning mentality!

If we carry on just going on about fourth spot, before you know it we'll be as pointless as Spuds or Le Arse!!

Whilst the FA cup has great nostalgia, the fact is that Chelsea FC and top flight football is more of a business these days. With this is mind and given the huge sums on offer for playing in the champ league, not to mention the extra money for finishing in the higher league position, as well as the continued ability to offer champ league football to potential signings, then i would take 4th spot over the FA cup.

Usually i would say the FA cup, but the truth is we are in need of an overhaul, and i think that champ league football is more important to that process than being the holder of the FA cup.

Shouldn't even be a question!

Winning something is far more important than finishing fourth!

Winning a trophy creates a winning mentality!

If we carry on just going on about fourth spot, before you know it we'll be as pointless as Spuds or Le Arse!!

Where are Liverpool in the league this season? What happened to Birmingham last season?

The day finishing 4th becomes more important than winning a trophy (especially FA Cup) will be the day I give up the sport.

4th is failure and the 3rd loser. Not something to run to the hills about

Edited by Myles_91

The day finishing 4th becomes more important than winning a trophy (especially FA Cup) will be the day I give up the sport.

4th is failure and the 3rd loser. Not something to run to the hills about

I can understand the argument for the FA cup and in the short term it would be extremely satisfying, particularly given the opposition. However, finishing fourth for us wouldn't be a celebration of league position, it would allow us to showcase our talents in Europe's premier competition. It would allow us to compete and potentially win that elusive trophy.

I think if we are watching our premier league rivals playing in Europe on Tuesdays/Wednesdays next season while we wait till later in the week it will be extremely hard to take and the FA cup will be a distant memory. They will be competing for glory in Champions League while we (should) end up playing youngsters in 'that other European competition'.

I would choose 4th over an FA cup, it gives us all another season of 'maybe this year!' and if it's anything like this season of European football then it's worth the price.

Finishing fourth also means our season will kick off in July, which will mean no rest for the majority of our players, which will also mean another season of sh*t next year!

I know that the money is important from the CL but I'd rather drop out for 1 year and be challenging for the title next year!