Chelsea Goal of the season vote opened

The Brit

so many quality goals to choose from, but feel Ramires has it sewn up for that goal at the Nou Camp...the circumstances, the class of the pass from lamps, the coolness and quality of the finish...the celebration, the silence of a stunned nou camp (apart from a small blue section up in the clouds), the impact it made on those barca players and fans...take a bow Ramires

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2750512,00.html

I guess you have to keep the Torres goal on the shortlist because technically Barca could've scored in that last minute and won without it, but I was sad to see the first leg goal against Barca left out. Great counterattack and team move, also a huge goal in the grand scheme of things.

Ramires gets it for me and makes a very hard decision a lot easier. Seriously, Mata v. Arsenal is a brilliant goal, the volley against ManU, both goals from the FA Cup semi, Meireles' bombs, Sturridge's backheel, etc.

I forgot how much I loved Meireles smacking it home against Brum and just walking away shrugging. Cool as you like, although Ramires holding his hand to his ear in the Nou Camp beats him out for best goal celebration of the year as well!

I guess you have to keep the Torres goal on the shortlist because technically Barca could've scored in that last minute and won without it, but I was sad to see the first leg goal against Barca left out. Great counterattack and team move, also a huge goal in the grand scheme of things.

Ramires gets it for me and makes a very hard decision a lot easier. Seriously, Mata v. Arsenal is a brilliant goal, the volley against ManU, both goals from the FA Cup semi, Meireles' bombs, Sturridge's backheel, etc.

I forgot how much I loved Meireles smacking it home against Brum and just walking away shrugging. Cool as you like, although Ramires holding his hand to his ear in the Nou Camp beats him out for best goal celebration of the year as well!

Don't forget his little wiggle dance after.

Had forgotten about that goal from Sturridge. Talk about a fine line between "you're a genius" and "what a t*at".

Some fine goals we've scored. Not sure which one I'd chose. Ramires against Barca was perhaps one of the most important ones (that and Ivans) though.

Raul's goal vs benfica, he chips it over the defender, runs it from our own half, has 2 other blue shirts and decides to unleash from outside the box, the boy has brass bollocks, THATS THE GOAL OF THE SEASON, WELL DONE RAUL!!!!

i dont rate it based on the situation, i rate it on the beauty of the goal...Drogba comes in second for that sublime rocket vs spurs

Ramires for me, obviously its nearest in the memory and was so important but as my only critisism of him has been a bit of a dodgy first touch that Goal was just so memorable in so many ways.

Great player and one of two or three we miss most when hes absent, I think if I could get any card recinded it would be his and he'd be there for the final.

Can't believe you lot have not said Drogs Vs Sp*rs.

That is one of the best technical goals you will ever see. Similar to his goal at Everton a few years back but not quite as far out. Amazing goal out of nowhere.

Rami's goal on Tues is 2nd for me. Superb finish. 3rd.... Mata's volly Vs Utd.

i dont rate it based on the situation, i rate it on the beauty of the goal...Drogba comes in second for that sublime rocket vs spurs

I reckon you gotta take that stuff into consideration. If a situation desperately requires that vital goal then there is a tonne more pressure on the shot taker which I reckon makes the goal even more impressive. That's the reason I went for Ramires when there were 3 or 4 goals with barely anything technically to separate them.

Can't believe you lot have not said Drogs Vs Sp*rs.

That is one of the best technical goals you will ever see. Similar to his goal at Everton a few years back but not quite as far out. Amazing goal out of nowhere.

Rami's goal on Tues is 2nd for me. Superb finish. 3rd.... Mata's volly Vs Utd.

Spot on fella. Drogba's goal against Spertz the best by some distance.

Rami's goal was quality but you see keeper's chipped like that a few times each season. But Drogba's goal? You don't see too many like that.

Spot on fella. Drogba's goal against Spertz the best by some distance.

Rami's goal was quality but you see keeper's chipped like that a few times each season. But Drogba's goal? You don't see too many like that.

I know, when it happened in real time I couldnt believe it. I just thought wow, that is a really good technical goal which not many can do. I would have said fairplay if any footballer scored that, even if it was a Spud! (I say that safe in the knowledge it will never happen :wink: