Chelsea v Juventus (CL) 19/09/12 KO 19:45 BST

Teritus
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Well, a disappointing result no doubt, but onwards and upwards.

I can't see a reason to keep Lampard in the team anymore, after his run of poor performances. I would put Ramires back in the middle and one of Oscar/Moses/Sturridge out on the right. The fact that they play a 3-5-2 means there won't be a great need for defensive wingers, though they could change systems.

Predicting a very close game; 2-1 to us.

We will play:

Ivanovic-terry-luiz-cole

-------mikel-lamps

Ramires--hazard--mate

-----------torres

Wish we played

Ivan terry luiz cole

--------mikel---------

--------ramires

Moses----------mata

----------hazard

----------torres

Give moses, mata, hazard freedom to swap positions as long as they track back when needed.

We could even play studge instead of moses or torres

Some people may argue that this is a silly thread which has been created from a knee jerk reaction, but I think it could be a interesting debate. My question is, should we start Sturridge against Juventus?

After today's performance from Torres,he wasn't very influential in the game and generally had a poor game. One may argue that he wasn't helped by the players selected to support him, which I partially agree with and understand. My main issue is with the reaction he showed RDM and more importantly the team once taken off. Our support has been overly supportive of Fernando ever since his move and no doubt, will always be that way. I think Chelsea deserve more professionalism from him, especially since what we've been through as fans with him. For example the ramblings after Munich, but as always were still singing his name at every opportunity.

Roberto deserves more respect from Fernando, today openingly showing that he disagreed with his decision. It makes more problems with the press and could lead to problems internally in the squad. We don't know how the malouda situation is going to pan out and how that will harm the squad so we don't need more problems. Now him being a older member of the squad needs to set a better example to younger kids coming through. (I personally think that this is important, Red nose wouldn't let this go unpunished).

Sturridge on the other hand may feel completely pissed off with only getting a few minutes here and there so far and may believe that he deserves that start. There is no doubting that Fernando has been working hard for the team and is scoring goals. Of course this is good news for Chelsea and Robbie but I cant help but feel he needs to be benched for what happened today.

Maybe I'm blowing this out of proportion and I hope that today hasn't caused another mental problem for fernando as all of have seen these moments can be so damaging to his performances.

I don't know whether Sturridge should, and Im not sure what affect it would have on Fernando mentally but he cant show such a lack of respect to RDM and his team mates.

One thing I am certain is that we can't have him throwing tantrums this year as were already light upfront. We need him.

Did you really have to make a new thread about torres having a bad game?

Torres pissed me off by going down the tunnel after being subbed and I hope he never does it again otherwise my opinion of him will change drastically. In the mean time he must be backed and he has had a decent start to the season and the fact he has had one bad game and people are swarming all over him again is laughable. A run in the team dosn't mean at the first bad game you drop the guy ffs.

Torres will start wednesday and torres will score wednesday!

Did you really have to make a new thread about torres having a bad game?

Torres pissed me off by going down the tunnel after being subbed and I hope he never does it again otherwise my opinion of him will change drastically. In the mean time he must be backed and he has had a decent start to the season and the fact he has had one bad game and people are swarming all over him again is laughable. A run in the team dosn't mean at the first bad game you drop the guy ffs.

Torres will start wednesday and torres will score wednesday!

This thread wasn't created because of torres having a bad game. I thought I explained that it was more for his lack of respect for the team and Manager in the original post. Im not swarming all over him again and Im not arguing he should be dropped because he had a bad game. Read the topic and stop being so arrogant but writing things such as ffs ....

Just put this post in the juventus match thread it dosn't warrant a whole new thread about it. Yes it was a bad thing for nando to do but to be dropped for it is a stupid idea. It was obviously a heat of the moment thing and I hope nando had the balls to apologise to Rdm and his team mates afterwards when all had calm down.

Why is it a no brainier than Torres should start?

We have 2 strikers and an element of rotation should surely be expected regardless. Throw in a poor game and worse attitude and I see no reason why Torres should automatically start against Juventus.... although I'm sure he will.

There are quite a few people who wouldn't agree with you that Torres is better than Sturrudge to be fair... but let's not go there, we don't want another Torres V Sturrudge debate...

I'm sure Torres will start on Wednesday- as you said its the biggest competitor of the group and he is the number one striker.

Rotation must happen at some point though. We have 2 strikers and Torres can't start every single game and after the performances of the 2 players today combined with Torres poor attitude at being subbed would make me consider my options if I were the gaffer.

When has Sturridge shown a poor attitude?

There are quite a few people who wouldn't agree with you that Torres is better than Sturrudge to be fair... but let's not go there, we don't want another Torres V Sturrudge debate...

I'm sure Torres will start on Wednesday- as you said its the biggest competitor of the group and he is the number one striker.

Rotation must happen at some point though. We have 2 strikers and Torres can't start every single game and after the performances of the 2 players today combined with Torres poor attitude at being subbed would make me consider my options if I were the gaffer.

When has Sturridge shown a poor attitude?

It's a no contest in my opinion but anyway.

Were you not about last year when there seemed to be an article in a newspaper every week with him whining on about not being ahead of drogba and torres in the pecking order even though he was starting pretty much every game? He seems to me to play for himself and not the team but anyway that is another matter. I think both are top strikers don't get me wrong but sturridge needs to take every chance he gets in that centre forward role to put torres under pressure and the first chance he will get will probably be against wolves in the carling cup.

Sturridge should have started yesterday, or at least in the starting 11 with Torres. It's a matter of rotation when you play 3 games in 7 days. Does Sturridge deserve a start for Wednesday? I'm not sure either, if it's part of the rotation, I'm all for it. The way we played, even Falco would have problems scoring. The 50 long punts from Cech in the second half really Killed Torres. He was not good, but apart from Hazard, all the attacking players were ordinary.

Obviously be really nice to start off the campagin with a win so as to take a bit of pressure off. This will be a tough match though without doubt. I agree with most that Lamps needs to be rested, get Ramires in the middle with Mikel. Hoping the team looks something like this:

---------------Cech

--Ivan---JT------Cahill-----Cole

---------Mikel---Rami

--Mata-----Hazard----bertrand

-----------Nando.

And though I have Juan on the left that is him interchanging with eden as they have been doing so beautifully when they play together.

Somehow I don't feel very confident about this game.

I have a feeling we'll be dominated in the middle of the park and rely on counter attack to get a good result.

I'd swap Lamps and Bertrand for Mata and Oscar and move Ramires back to the center where he belongs.

Agree with gem Ramires is our best centre mid, he's heading into his peak with mikel. his passing isn't as good as Oscar but him and mikel will win the midfield battle and give us a base from which the likes of Mata hazard and Oscar can attack. really hoping rdm sees this soon.

I think Torres should be dropped if he plays as poorly on Wednesday. But I don't think dropping him after just 1 bad performance (this season) is the right way forward.

think sturridge should have played ahead of Bertrand against yesterday. I like to see Bertrand getting a run out but against the bottom half of the league we need attacking impetus. Sturridge, Oscar and Moses shouldn't be sitting on the bench when a left back is picked ahead of them.